Will the Colmesneil Bulldogs make the playoffs?

Bulldog1

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1107318" timestamp="1320628210"]
I just know that if the 6'6" and 6'10" kids would move to Woodville, we'd push them and make them a WHOLE lot better than they are now. If Colmesneil ever gets a coach who cares about basketball and knows the game better, they could be decent.
[/quote] there aint anything you can do with the 6'10 kid he just dont have any coordination he just aint a basketball player

Colmesneil has been good in baseball in the past.  They have a few state titles in baseball I believe.
If they have a 6'10" kid in 1A, even if uncoordinated could play a big role.  He will have a 8-10 inch difference than anyone else (considering height and arm length).  He should be able to help on blocked shots, altered shots, rebounds, put back ins, he dosent have to be a post that has moves like Hakeem.
But if they do not have the guard play and the ability to get the ball down the court, it will not make much difference.  I dont know what there guard situation looks like.
IMO the district finishes like it did last year with WS, Broaddus, Zavalla.  I believe Broaddus wins district this though, WS gets 2nd, and Zavalla 3rd.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1107723" timestamp="1320683561"]
Colmesneil has been good in baseball in the past.  They have a few state titles in baseball I believe.
If they have a 6'10" kid in 1A, even if uncoordinated could play a big role.  He will have a 8-10 inch difference than anyone else (considering height and arm length).  He should be able to help on blocked shots, altered shots, rebounds, put back ins, he dosent have to be a post that has moves like Hakeem.
But if they do not have the guard play and the ability to get the ball down the court, it will not make much difference.  I dont know what there guard situation looks like.
IMO the district finishes like it did last year with WS, Broaddus, Zavalla.  I believe Broaddus wins district this though, WS gets 2nd, and Zavalla 3rd.
[/quote]i seen them play last year and the big kid was so bad that it was hurting them it was like they were playing 4 on 5 and there pg couldnt dribble, he was dribbling off his feet, knees, and even face a few times... 

I don't know anything about Colmesneil this season but kids at that age can make a huge progression in one year.It all depeds on how much they keep a ball in their hands.I do know his, in 1-a basketball if you have a decent point guard and a 6'10" post player who is even average you'll be pretty decent.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1108876" timestamp="1320767143"]
They will be decent. The heighth of the 6'10" kid plays a huge roll on Colmesneils team. He isnt as terrible as Waterboy is saying. Teams kill them as a result of overwhelming speed. Theyre extremely slow. If they get in basketball shape, theyll be decent.
[/quote]they get killed by speed because they are playing 4 on 5

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Water Boy 21" post="1109056" timestamp="1320778340"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=90919.msg1108876#msg1108876 date=1320767143]
They will be decent. The heighth of the 6'10" kid plays a huge roll on Colmesneils team. He isnt as terrible as Waterboy is saying. Teams kill them as a result of overwhelming speed. Theyre extremely slow. If they get in basketball shape, theyll be decent.
[/quote]they get killed by speed because they are playing 4 on 5
[/quote]

6'10" and speed doesn't compute at the high school Class A level.  Now, if you have a potential "Bill Walton" on your hands then that's a different story. :D

[quote name="utfan06" post="1109185" timestamp="1320783319"]
I'd say they might get third... if that lol..but its basketball in colmesnil... don't think its a big deal to them rather they make it or not
[/quote] No way they get third but they will get last.LOL Like u said utfan06 they could care less.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1109371" timestamp="1320792400"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=90919.msg1109185#msg1109185 date=1320783319]
I'd say they might get third... if that lol..but its basketball in colmesnil... don't think its a big deal to them rather they make it or not
[/quote] No way they get third but they will get last.LOL Like u said utfan06 they could care less.
[/quote]what are they good at, the last time they did anything was in the 80's when they won state in baseball a few times but since than you could prob count there playoff appearances on one hand

Neil Hennigan took them to state two or three times in the early 2000's. Might've won it one of those years. Not sure. I know they went. They have a very storied and one of the most successful 1A programs in the state. So, in response to your question, baseball. They're good at baseball down there. And have been for awhile.

I think it is a little early for a critique on this year's team.  They have a coach who knows the game and definitely cares about the program.  WB21, you need to NOT single out any player.  You obviously have some other issue other than the basketball program and/or players at Colmesneil High School.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed