THE HUFFMAN PALACE

TROJAN92

You are right Coldspring has played more BIG games there.  Huffman has yet to be able to host a playoff game at home.  Therefore, they always try and help out and let someone from their district use it for 1st round games.  I am glad that Coldspring always seem to play their 1st round game in Huffman.  Hopefully they do it again this year.

Tonight should be a good one, and will be the biggest game there since the one that opened it against Willis.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="TROJAN92" post="1097230" timestamp="1319825693"]
Can't wait to play in Huffmans Palace
Again. Seems to me that CS Trojans
Play more big games in it than huffman
does. Thanks Huffman citizens. Lol
[/quote]

Get running water and lights and maybe you can get a decent stadium.
Money is not our problem Jethro.

No, money is not Huffmans problem, beating Coldspring is the problem.  We appreciate the use of your palace for the first round in the playoffs. And I did come and try to thank you.  One coach patted me on the shoulder and said good game.  An unnamed player mouthed fudge you to me.  Guess he did not like my cow bell.

[quote name="Trojan1989" post="1098625" timestamp="1319866232"]
No, money is not Huffmans problem, beating Coldspring is the problem.  We appreciate the use of your palace for the first round in the playoffs. And I did come and try to thank you.  One coach patted me on the shoulder and said good game.  An unnamed player mouthed fudge you to me.  Guess he did not like my cow bell.
[/quote]

It's not hard to figure out that, given the appearance, age, and capacity and safety of the old stadium, a good investment needed to be made for the rest of our 3A days, plus 4A and beyond.

Only loudmouthing I heard was from a microphone of some sort? from the CS's side. I'm not saying anything bad was said.. but what was it? I heard the lady behind the microphone yelling at the officals a few times.

Was it just me or was the Huffman side not full? It looked like there were quite a few seats available...What is the usual crowd size for a big game? Just wondering because I thought it would be completely full but maybe there's more room over there than there are available fans...

Not saying more should've showed up...Just honestly wondering..

[quote name="MEM" post="1098682" timestamp="1319871454"]
Was it just me or was the Huffman side not full? It looked like there were quite a few seats available...What is the usual crowd size for a big game? Just wondering because I thought it would be completely full but maybe there's more room over there than there are available fans...

Not saying more should've showed up...Just honestly wondering..
[/quote]

The home side is huge in that stadium. Just saying--seems hard for a 3A school, even a large 3A to fill. But, if they could fill it, last night would have been the night to do it.

Guest Firstdown
The only thing the lady said that i heard on the microphone was that they needed do something about holding number 52. wich they did all night long. Didnt call it till the very end one time.

The only time I've seen the stadium completely filled was on the first game  against Willis ,when it first opened! They say the stadium holds 4,500-5,000,but in fact it holds more like 7,500  when a crowd packs in! For a 3-A school that's a lot of fans! The total population of Huffman is less than 14,000.

[quote name="bambam33" post="1097261" timestamp="1319827590"]
Being that not many Huffman fans post on this site, you should come on over and THANK them in person. In approximately 8 hours, we will be crowning the Huffman Falcons AT THE PALACE district champions!
Stick around, it will be quite the celebration!
[/quote]

So how was the celebration last night, Bambam?  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

Guest beechnut
Huffman now has a much better and bigger follwing that we use to and reason is WINS. We had a good Supid back then and got the bond passed before the fallout in 08. We are very proud of our facility and it was about thirty years late but we got it. Only thing I wish we could  do is get some better baseball and softball bleachers but all is good on the lake. Our main employer is not the county jail. Sorry but you took the first swipe.  8)

[quote name="beechnut" post="1098923" timestamp="1319905006"]
Huffman now has a much better and bigger follwing that we use to and reason is WINS. We had a good Supid back then and got the bond passed before the fallout in 08. We are very proud of our facility and it was about thirty years late but we got it. Only thing I wish we could  do is get some better baseball and softball bleachers but all is good on the lake. [u][b]Our main employer is not the county jail[/b][/u]. Sorry but you took the first swipe.  8)
[/quote]

hahahaha

[quote name="bobtex" post="1098910" timestamp="1319903819"]
The only time I've seen the stadium completely filled was on the first game  against Willis ,when it first opened! They say the stadium holds 4,500-5,000,but in fact it holds more like 7,500  when a crowd packs in! For a 3-A school that's a lot of fans! The total population of Huffman is less than 14,000.
[/quote]

Only times I've seen it full was, like txbob said, the first game... and a few homecomings. It takes a big game to fill it... I was disappointed with how many left early, though.  Last night it felt like it was near capacity, I got in the gate about 1:00 in and had to sit at the very top.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="paintballove" post="1098996" timestamp="1319910125"]
[quote author=bobtex link=topic=90563.msg1098910#msg1098910 date=1319903819]
[/quote]

Why are you surprised? Didnt you know that we come to watch the band and drill team then football happens. Yikes here it comes.  :o

Only times I've seen it full was, like txbob said, the first game... and a few homecomings. It takes a big game to fill it... I was disappointed with how many left early, though.  Last night it felt like it was near capacity, I got in the gate about 1:00 in and had to sit at the very top.
[/quote]

[quote name="beechnut" post="1098923" timestamp="1319905006"]
Huffman now has a much better and bigger follwing that we use to and reason is WINS. We had a good Supid back then and got the bond passed before the fallout in 08. We are very proud of our facility and it was about thirty years late but we got it. Only thing I wish we could  do is get some better baseball and softball bleachers but all is good on the lake. Our main employer is not the county jail. Sorry but you took the first swipe.  8)
[/quote]

Our main employer is not the county jail either. It is the school district

Guest beechnut
[quote name="rockyandcash" post="1099049" timestamp="1319912810"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=90563.msg1098923#msg1098923 date=1319905006]
[/quote]

Our main employer is not the county jail either. It is the school district
[/quote]

ok

[quote name="Trigger" post="1098921" timestamp="1319904918"]
[quote author=bambam33 link=topic=90563.msg1097261#msg1097261 date=1319827590]
Being that not many Huffman fans post on this site, you should come on over and THANK them in person. In approximately 8 hours, we will be crowning the Huffman Falcons AT THE PALACE district champions!
Stick around, it will be quite the celebration!
[/quote]

So how was the celebration last night, Bambam?  ;D ;D ;D

LOL it was gr8! I celebrated my seniors son last home game! It was a gr8 game defensively. Huffman must of had the ball 8 times in the red zone and didnt punch it in. Impressed with CS defense! Good luck in the playoffs! Again, my celebration was with my sons last home game!

BTW i can take it!

[/quote]

[quote name="bambam33" post="1097261" timestamp="1319827590"]

LOL it was gr8! [b]I celebrated my seniors son last home game![/b] It was a gr8 game defensively. Huffman must of had the ball 8 times in the red zone and didnt punch it in. Impressed with CS defense! Good luck in the playoffs! Again, my celebration was with my sons last home game!

BTW i can take it!

[/quote]

Congratulations!  My son was in the band and had been since 6th grade.  He just graduated in June but came to every game until the end of September and played with the band.  He left for the Army on October 3rd.

I couldn't be more proud.

Good luck to your son in whatever he decides to do!

beech-Nut
Easy killer!!!!! Don't be sore about
Last nights game, 2nd place in district
Is not bad, it's just the First, LOOSER!!!
Oh and by the way we have running
Water ,electricity and another district
Champion ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck in the playoffs the Falcons
Their a very well balanced team.

ABNINF. God bless your son I know you are proud my son graduated from Ft Jackson in June so i know you are proud.
Paintball ab ut the fact most people acted as if they were afraid of orening their mouth you could nd Bam Bam,
I to was disapointed not only that they left during 1/2 time and 3rd qtr but most peoplke acted like they were afraid to open their mouth the players were incouraging for the croud to get into it but only and hand full that is just like last year in the 2nd round, not much of a home field advantage...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder