10/27....Sub Varsity Scores ....Postem here

I wouldn't bet the bank that the coaching staff is hiding anything on the JV.  Let's see; so far, both the Varsity and the JV are undefeated.  Doesn't sound like that there is any hiding going on.  If the varsity had losses and the JV didn't, then maybe some guys could possibly be being held down, but with two undefeated, it doesn't sound like it.  Besides, I would rather have talent being used every Thursday night getting reps than sitting on the bench and perhaps getting one series a game.  Whatever the case, sounds like the coaching staff knows how to run their program in my opinion.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="GCMPats" post="1096616" timestamp="1319772491"]
mytwocents,
How many freshmen are on your varsity this year?
[/quote]
None this year that i can think of. I was just saying that its not that uncommon for a freshman to be moved up to Varsity.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="NDNation" post="1096606" timestamp="1319772242"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90517.msg1096461#msg1096461 date=1319766708]
PNG freshman - 35
Vidor freshman - 0
Final

PNG JV - 14
Vidor JV - 0
Final
[/quote]

And may the Tradition continue Friday Night!
[/quote]
8)

Guest UHCoog14
You have none this year, but it's not uncommon. How many have you had the last 4 years? I'm willing to bet over the last 10 yrs you could count them on one hand.

Freshmen are not ready physically or mentally for the speed and brutal nature of Friday nights.

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1096618" timestamp="1319772552"]
I wouldn't bet the bank that the coaching staff is hiding anything on the JV.  Let's see; so far, both the Varsity and the JV are undefeated.  Doesn't sound like that there is any hiding going on.  If the varsity had losses and the JV didn't, then maybe some guys could possibly be being held down, but with two undefeated, it doesn't sound like it.  Besides, [b]I would rather have talent being used every Thursday night getting reps than sitting on the bench and perhaps getting one series a game.[/b]  Whatever the case, sounds like the coaching staff knows how to run their program in my opinion.
[/quote]

AGREE

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Eagle82" post="1096618" timestamp="1319772552"]
I wouldn't bet the bank that the coaching staff is hiding anything on the JV.  Let's see; so far, both the Varsity and the JV are undefeated.  Doesn't sound like that there is any hiding going on.  If the varsity had losses and the JV didn't, then maybe some guys could possibly be being held down, but with two undefeated, it doesn't sound like it.  Besides, I would rather have talent being used every Thursday night getting reps than sitting on the bench and perhaps getting one series a game.  Whatever the case, sounds like the coaching staff knows how to run their program in my opinion.
[/quote]

Thanks for reiterating my point.

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1096809" timestamp="1319798313"]
Last night Tarkington's freshmen/JV were beating Splendora's JV 16-0 in 1st Q when game was called for weather. You're not gonna believe this, but these boys are undefeated in district play, and so is the 8th grade team. Is the drought over? 
[/quote]

And they had only run 4 plays from scrimmage when the game was called they have some very special players in their lower levels. The 8th Grade has lost one game to Coldspring in a hard hitting battle where they won the physical battle just didnt win on the scoreboard where it counts but are still in line for a district title if they beat Cleveland next week. The horns are starting to turn it around!

The guys that are going to be pulling the weight for a team next year are either on varsity this year or on the freshman team this year. 

I see where GCM is coming from.  Unless you are just substantially deep like Katy or somebody, then most of your good athletes will be on varsity.  No point in letting someone waste away at the JV level if they are really going to bring anything at all to the table at the varsity level. 
Unless they just improve a lot over the summer, which can happen from time to time.

No offense to anyone on the JV level. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83