Is USSSA coming back?

westend1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1095416" timestamp="1319677601"]
if u have coached little league tourneys then u would understand the lawyer comment alot of paper work,several legal documents on every player & coach. it has nothing to do with coaching on the field.
[/quote]

It has all to do with cheating.

Remember Danny Almonte?

Guest TX_RENEGADES
Ok........................ Im new to the area here and the last few post have talked about LAWYERS and LEGAL PAPERS....... Can someone fill me in, because BASEBALL and LAWYERS in youth baseball dont mix. But then again there are some parents out there that act like fools and will ruin an awsome ball player.....

[quote name="TX_RENEGADES" post="1095481" timestamp="1319680884"]
Ok........................ Im new to the area here and the last few post have talked about LAWYERS and LEGAL PAPERS....... Can someone fill me in, because BASEBALL and LAWYERS in youth baseball dont mix. But then again there are some parents out there that act like fools and will ruin an awsome ball player.....
[/quote]Really, what is with the talk of Lawyers and Legal Papers? 

[quote name="getripped" post="1095522" timestamp="1319683173"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=90372.msg1095515#msg1095515 date=1319682909]
I think these guys are just kidding about little league rules.  You need a lawyer to read them all.
[/quote]Westend 1, they are written on a 5th grade level, are you kidding me?
[/quote]  Not at all.  Read that stupid book.  Try to sort out which rules apply for regular/all stars.  They change in the middle of the season.  When I coach all stars, i always worry if I might screw something up.  Not only that, they change some rule every year.  You think you know all the rules and then you go back and look, and something has changed.

[quote name="westend1" post="1095529" timestamp="1319683384"]
[quote author=getripped link=topic=90372.msg1095522#msg1095522 date=1319683173]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=90372.msg1095515#msg1095515 date=1319682909]
I think these guys are just kidding about little league rules.  You need a lawyer to read them all.
[/quote]Westend 1, they are written on a 5th grade level, are you kidding me?
[/quote]  Not at all.  Read that stupid book.  Try to sort out which rules apply for regular/all stars.  They change in the middle of the season.  When I coach all stars, i always worry if I might screw something up.  Not only that, they change some rule every year.  You think you know all the rules and then you go back and look, and something has changed.
[/quote]LOL, just get an updated rule book and compare it to the prior year, they even provide you with a summary sheet, you know, Baseball for Dummies version!!!

Rules are rules... Problem is not all are enforced; therefore, coaches get lax about some of them. Never know when you'll have umpires that will enforce. Plus several little leagues have their version of the rules so when you play in varying leagues you have to keep up with what the rule is for that league, division etc. Jr rules vary from Major rules etc & if coach coaches in more than one age group he is responsible to know what applies. Like once a pitcher is pulled you can't put him back in to pitch later in most younger divisions but some older divisions it is legal & could bite you if don't read correct rules...

Let's give U-Trip a chance with a new operation. With the proper management it to can be better organized. Played in some unorganized Nations tourneys in the past too. By Ford Park having 2 different tournament formats may bring some teams from Louisiana back to play @ FP. Yes U-Trip is in Houston as is Nations & U-Trip is in Louisiana but if can bring same quality here some of these other teams can travel for a change.

[quote name="AllSportsMom" post="1095634" timestamp="1319716598"]
Let's give U-Trip a chance with a new operation. With the proper management it to can be better organized. Played in some unorganized Nations tourneys in the past too. By Ford Park having 2 different tournament formats may bring some teams from Louisiana back to play @ FP. Yes U-Trip is in Houston as is Nations & U-Trip is in Louisiana but if can bring same quality here some of these other teams can travel for a change.
[/quote]

Lake Charles area is converting to Nations this year.

[quote name="ProspectsBaseball" post="1095942" timestamp="1319740020"]
[quote author=AllSportsMom link=topic=90372.msg1095634#msg1095634 date=1319716598]
[/quote]

Lake Charles area is converting to Nations this year.
[/quote]and there is a reason for this. 

[quote name="getripped" post="1095514" timestamp="1319682801"]
[quote author=TX_RENEGADES link=topic=90372.msg1095481#msg1095481 date=1319680884]
[/quote]

The lawyers are for the crybabies at USSSA. Crying that ford park wasn't gonna let them in, so daddy went and got a lawyer.

[quote name="rounder17" post="1096452" timestamp="1319766513"]
[quote author=getripped link=topic=90372.msg1095514#msg1095514 date=1319682801]
[quote author=TX_RENEGADES link=topic=90372.msg1095481#msg1095481 date=1319680884]
[/quote]

The lawyers are for the crybabies at USSSA. Crying that ford park wasn't gonna let them in, so daddy went and got a lawyer.
[/quote]  You seem to think you know something.  let us in on it.

[quote name="westend1" post="1096561" timestamp="1319769936"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=90372.msg1096452#msg1096452 date=1319766513]
[quote author=getripped link=topic=90372.msg1095514#msg1095514 date=1319682801]

[/quote]  You seem to think you know something.  let us in on it.
[/quote] yea, what's up with that.  Seems that Nations is taking their business away in Lake Charles so they want to come here and try it out.  hope they have the $$$$$

At tyler this year, i had a parent keeping a book for me.  When an opposing batter came up, the parent informed me that the kid had hit up the middle during his previous at bat.  The ump warned me that i could not talk to fans.  Are you kidding?  Some of the rules have gotten completely out of hand.

[quote name="westend1" post="1096918" timestamp="1319810103"]
At tyler this year, i had a parent keeping a book for me.  When an opposing batter came up, the parent informed me that the kid had hit up the middle during his previous at bat.  The ump warned me that i could not talk to fans.  Are you kidding?  Some of the rules have gotten completely out of hand.
[/quote]All Stars is a serious game, its not League play.  Umpires are graded at State  for their  chance to get to Omaha, so they are on stage!  In sectionals, mid county umps meant serious business, but it helps everyone stay focused and the kids played at the top of their game.

If you thought they were strict in Tyler wait to you advance to Waco!! Little League official stationed at the dugout to keep fans away. I can promise there will be something wrong with your paperwork. All 8 teams the year we went got called to the back room by the guy from Wiliamsport who was checking the paperwork. Make it to championship game then you get notified you need more paperwork to go to Williamsport. Geez!!!

state was the easiest one for me,the guy at sectionals was a psycho control freak,gave managers a paper with word for word instructions to make line up changes to the press box  & if u didnt do it his way u were reprimanded on the spot  ;D.got to state & the umpire asked me why are u saying all this stuff to the press box all u have to do is tell me #s & spot they are batting,like real baseball.he also denied sum utilitiy bills for  teams cuz he went by payment date not the actual billing date that was in the right time frame.this also didnt occur at district or state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83