Poor Officials During Halftime

Guest Clueless

Guest Clueless
I feel sorry for the officials that call Beaumont Games, the past two weeks some lady with bright yellow shorts are hammering officials during halftime. I dont think she is a coach and from my best understanding on HEAD Coaches are suppose to talk to officials. These guys work back to back games and would like to take a break just like the players that are playing. Even if she on BMT board, she does not need to be on the field. But then again she might be their (officials) supervisor telling them what they did wrong..... Someone correct if I am wrong.  Most of these guys know a little bit of football and should not be hammered during halftime esp by someone who probably does not know all the football rules.  Please do me and the officials a favor, next time you see this, someone ask her if she has ever officiated or played this game.

[quote name="Clueless" post="1092350" timestamp="1319416573"]
I feel sorry for the officials that call Beaumont Games, the past two weeks some lady with bright yellow shorts are hammering officials during halftime. I dont think she is a coach and from my best understanding on HEAD Coaches are suppose to talk to officials. These guys work back to back games and would like to take a break just like the players that are playing. Even if she on BMT board, she does not need to be on the field. But then again she might be their (officials) supervisor telling them what they did wrong..... Someone correct if I am wrong.  Most of these guys know a little bit of football and should not be hammered during halftime esp by someone who probably does not know all the football rules.  Please do me and the officials a favor, next time you see this, someone ask her if she has ever officiated or played this game.
[/quote]

without proper clearance (background check, forms, badge) she shouldn't be on the field regardless.

Head coach or coach on field with the players (OC or DC) only should talk to ref...

Those refs get paid though...they do have an accountability...but we ain't talkin college or the pros here.  That's why I tend to give them a little (lot) of slack.

Guest Clueless
When you sit in the stands you hear alot, very similar to a soap opera. I just feel sorry for the Bmt organization because they are finally developing teams that compete and it seems the are starting to get a bad wrap with the drama from the sidelines ESP when they lose or losing. I have heard officials don't want to call their games because they are approached from people on the sidelines. Not good heading into the playoffs with how ever many of their teams are going.

[quote name="BULLDOGMANIA" post="1092381" timestamp="1319418229"]
I have a yellow STJFL badge and I can talk to ANY ref at ANY given time that I would like to.  Thank you very much!!!!
[/quote]

I didn't say you couldn't, I said you shouldn't...and I was speaking about the general population.  Moms or Dads that aren't coaching on the field OR an STJFL board member should be the only ones talking to the ref....And you are welcome very much.

[quote name="BULLDOGMANIA" post="1092396" timestamp="1319419043"]
[b][u]I am an STJFL Board Member, i.e. YELLOW BADGE[/u][/b].  Mind your own business or at least know what you are talking about before you get on here making false accusations.  And SMASHMOUTH, I wasn't responding to you.  I was responding to CLUELESS.....
[/quote]

No problem...I recognized you were a board member, that's why I referenced them in my post.

I get frustrated when people in the stands start yelling at the refs.  I don't want my kids (players or blood) listening to that crap.  Yes the refs do suck at times...but it's Junior league football.  You get what you get.  I don't want my kids thinking it is right or honorable to yell at a ref.

Now for the other side of the coin.  I don't feel sorry for them as Clueless stated.  They get paid.  They knew what they signed up for.  They have a choice.  They could even become better refs if they were so inclined...

Guest Clueless
Settle down now, I was just making a comment how the officials did not get a break during halftime. From what I see most of them do several games back to back. Maybe the rules state that STJFL member can go on the field but seems like the coach would take care of that situation not a board member. I am assuming you are the lady in the yellow shorts, good luck in the playoffs and I hope the rumor is not true about officiating. If I am not mistaking they try to veteran officials to officiate playoffs and I know for sure they will not tolerate questions from you. Most of them call Friday night games and are taught not to listen to anyone but head coaches. Badge or no badge, all calls are judgement calls and will not be overturned. Stay in this long enough and you learn how it operates on and off the field.

[quote name="Clueless" post="1092416" timestamp="1319419971"]
Settle down now, I was just making a comment how the officials did not get a break during halftime. From what I see most of them do several games back to back. Maybe the rules state that STJFL member can go on the field but seems like the coach would take care of that situation not a board member. I am assuming you are the lady in the yellow shorts, good luck in the playoffs and I hope the rumor is not true about officiating. If I am not mistaking they try to veteran officials to officiate playoffs and I know for sure they will not tolerate questions from you. Most of them call Friday night games and are taught not to listen to anyone but head coaches. Badge or no badge, all calls are judgement calls and will not be overturned. Stay in this long enough and you learn how it operates on and off the field.
[/quote]

Just to clear things up...STJFL officials can even take the field during a game if necessary.  Many times, the refs who usually know less than the STJFL officials, request their presence to help with a situation or protocol.

Possibly if you stay in this long enough, you may actually be the one who learns how it operates.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami