Hou. North Forest vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton wins!

WOSgrad

52 yard field goal was impressive, defense still looks a little timid, they hit the runner, but he still gains 1-2 yards after the hit, kick off coverage is weak, looks like there are a couple of guys that are afraid of contact, run right past the returner, not even stick a arm out.
A win is a win;-)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the games Andres has played, he never took a solid hit, until tonight.  He had Gamal and Markain open on crossing routes, but tried to run, he was running to his left toward the sideline, tried to cut back, and BAM!  Haven't looked at it yet on video, but it might have been a hard helmet to helmet hit.  At least he walked off on his own power.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1090093" timestamp="1319250188"]
I wasn't aware of it, but the radio guys said that if a player has a suspected concussion, he has to sit out the rest of the game and the next week. New rule I think.

Hope he's okay. Maybe it was just a stinger.

Good game Broncos. Defense did stiffen up better tonight. No turnovers! All around good win.

Carranco! Wow! 3 fg's longest a 52 yarder! That kid is amazing.
[/quote] UIL rule: requires high school athletes to sit out at least one game and be cleared by a healthcare professional before returning to the field.

Tonight was a great night.Wifes birthday. little grandson showed up.son of 1998-99-2000-----#55        he got a little football the girls throw to the fans. he was jumping all over the place.what a dayton football fan. he,s only 19 months. he also says are you ready..........................

[quote name="octfeb" post="1090460" timestamp="1319256585"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=90225.msg1090093#msg1090093 date=1319250188]
I wasn't aware of it, but the radio guys said that if a player has a suspected concussion, he has to sit out the rest of the game and the next week. New rule I think.

Good game Broncos. Defense did stiffen up better tonight. No turnovers! All around good win.

[/quote] UIL rule: requires high school athletes to sit out at least one game and be cleared by a healthcare professional before returning to the field.
[/quote]
Under what pretense though? Concussion? If that's the case, does it have to be a confirmed concussion by an MRI? All I'm saying is there might be room for interpretation here. Not that I'm advocating that of course. When it comes to situations like these, the kids health should come first.

[quote name="dayton" post="1090288" timestamp="1319252960"]
McBride has been dinged up a little this season. Maybe the coaches are fairly bright and are using him as little as possible and keeping him healthy. They  know what he can do.

Just a theory.
[/quote]
If your theory is correct, he shouldn't even be out there. In my opinion. First play from scrimmage he runs for 60 yards, so if he's dinged up it didn't show. Still say you got to establish some sort of running game to have consistent drives.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1090664" timestamp="1319280602"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=90225.msg1090288#msg1090288 date=1319252960]
McBride has been dinged up a little this season. Maybe the coaches are fairly bright and are using him as little as possible and keeping him healthy. They  know what he can do.

Just a theory.
[/quote]
If your theory is correct, he shouldn't even be out there. In my opinion. First play from scrimmage he runs for 60 yards, so if he's dinged up it didn't show. Still say you got to establish some sort of running game to have consistent drives.
[/quote]

I understand what you're saying... I'm not saying he was dinged up last night. I just think there will come a time  when they need him to be a work horse, but last night wasn't it. So why risk him running the ball 25 times? Either way, he's a good back that will keep some drives alive.

[quote name="dayton" post="1090669" timestamp="1319281800"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=90225.msg1090664#msg1090664 date=1319280602]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=90225.msg1090288#msg1090288 date=1319252960]

Just a theory.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I understand what you're saying... I'm not saying he was dinged up last night. I just think there will come a time  when they need him to be a work horse, but last night wasn't it. So why risk him running the ball 25 times? Either way, he's a good back that will keep some drives alive.
[/quote]
I see what you're saying too. If that is in fact what the "gameplan" is, I'm not down with that, as they say. I think you stick with your overall strategy and try to execute your "normal" offense. If a RB is hurt, either replace him with the back up, or only put him in the game in certain situations. Mcbride played pretty much the whole game.

I honestly don't think what you're saying is the case though. I believe they (coaches) simply decided to commit more to the pass the last few weeks. The offense looked so good in preseason. Sharp, crisp, whatever you want to call it. Here lately it's been more hit and miss. Still puzzled by that.

[quote name="dayton" post="1090683" timestamp="1319283496"]
Good to see Fowler running well again! He made some nice plays last night! The team overall looked healthier than they have been since BH. I'm optimistic that it's gonna come together in the next couple of weeks.
[/quote]yeah mcbride had 7 carries for 87 yds and when chambers came in at qb he was one step from taking it to the house looked like he got face masked but no call if ah doesnt play this week I think we lose a little throwing the ball but chambers is tall fast and very hard to tackle

Dayton, I will go ahead and take every Friday off for the next few weeks snd be your running back.  Someone (not that guy/gal who made the Sonic video last year) is going to have to help me stretch real good because I am old.  To my knowledge I have no head injuries or broken bones.  I do have acid reflux but doc says that should not be a problem since Dayton needs a lot of help.  Anyway, tell Stewart I can play for $50 per game and he has to throw in one of those purple horse outfits.  I want to open up a horse meat markey in Dayton and figured I could get the Sonic videographer to wear it and hold marketing signs at hwy 90 and FM 321.      ;D ;D

Well it's been a while Dayt held anybody to 6 pts.Good job defense.NF had more pts/yds vs Crosby than Dayt allowed.Play hard this week and wrap up.The Walters bros.are like 2 Mc Brides,fast,small,change direction mid-stride.Hoping for good report on Herrera.Good to see Reyes back.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1090661" timestamp="1319280247"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90225.msg1090460#msg1090460 date=1319256585]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=90225.msg1090093#msg1090093 date=1319250188]

[/quote]
Under what pretense though? Concussion? If that's the case, does it have to be a confirmed concussion by an MRI? All I'm saying is there might be room for interpretation here. Not that I'm advocating that of course. When it comes to situations like these, the kids health should come first.
[/quote]http://www.uiltexas.org/files/health/UIL-CMP-FAQ-Resources.pdf

[quote name="bandgeekforlife" post="1092107" timestamp="1319398688"]
What happened to Jak???  I saw him hopping off the field and didn't play the rest of the game.
[/quote] Not sure.. Don't think anything from the game happened.. He just isn't 100%. Had it wrapped up with ice....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83