this year's new crop of head coaches

football

Guest ECBucFan
EC's Sutherland = outstanding job so far!

Don't know him real well yet, but by all indications hes one of the finest men you could ever wish for in your community. It's great to have a coach (and staff) that sets great moral examples for the young men and women they coach and interact with. 

Coach Heartsfield at Kelly has been doing great. Told people in the summer to give him a chance instead of bashing him cause he was a middle school coach. Look what he's done first time in 4 years Kelly has beat St Pius.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1087959" timestamp="1319070132"]
No offense bout the EC coach but IMO almost anyone with the smarts he has could step right in there and win district. Too much talent there.
[/quote]

Winning District = beating Anahuac and Newton.  That couldn't be done by just anyone.  I respect EC program quite a bit but they are no Newton.  So for him to come and win district, in a year most would of had ranked them 3rd when the year began based on returning talent, shows he has done a great job. 

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1087968" timestamp="1319071320"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=90108.msg1087959#msg1087959 date=1319070132]
No offense bout the EC coach but IMO almost anyone with the smarts he has could step right in there and win district. Too much talent there.
[/quote]

Winning District = beating Anahuac and Newton.  That couldn't be done by just anyone.  I respect EC program quite a bit but they are no Newton.  So for him to come and win district, in a year most would of had ranked them 3rd when the year began based on returning talent, shows he has done a great job.
[/quote]True story

East Chambers got a good coach and I think Newton got a good  one also in W T Johnston. I believe time will tell about  this year,s crop of new coaches. E. C. hopefully Will go a ways in the play-offs and hopefully Newton Will also. Good coaching brings out goood responsible young men more pr-pared for life full of ups and downs. They teach you that you are not entitled to everything, you have got to go out and earn your spot  in life.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1087968" timestamp="1319071320"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=90108.msg1087959#msg1087959 date=1319070132]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree that EC is no Newton. Based on the last couple of years, EC has the better program. As far as being picked for 3rd or worse this year, I think people based it on graduating the 2 time district MVP. If they would have looked deeper they would have seen a ton of talent still around and look out next year...and the year after that...etc

[quote name="uknowit2" post="1088228" timestamp="1319121051"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=90108.msg1087968#msg1087968 date=1319071320]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree that EC is no Newton. Based on the last couple of years, EC has the better program. As far as being picked for 3rd or worse this year, I think people based it on graduating the 2 time district MVP. If they would have looked deeper they would have seen a ton of talent still around and look out next year...and the year after that...etc
[/quote]

EC has a fine program.  But better than Newton?  I'd say the last 2 years have been pretty traumatic for the Eagles.  They will be fine.  History speaks for itself, Newton is dominate year after year after year.  EC certainly represents the district and area well but they are not a player on the state level like Newton has been.  Perhaps that will change this year.  It sure seems like they have a fine coach that will give them a shot at becoming the premerier AA program in SE Texas, but for the time being it still is the Newton Eagles and will be until someone else starts making it out of Region III when the playoffs roll around.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn