Brenham @ Montgomery... Predictions?

This is a huge game!  With a Montgomery win, 17-4A would likely finish with 3 teams tied at the top as co-champs... (Brenham, Magnolia West & Montgomery) A Brenham win, and they will likely win 17-4A outright.  It's a game that both teams have circled for a while.  Montgomery has been the only team that has challenged the Cubs as district champs, over the last few years.  With that being said, the Bears have never defeated the Cubs.  Bolfing has turned the program around since arriving at Montgomery, but after losing Dobbins and his son through graduation, he's had a challenge this year.  To top it off, he has lost House to conduct issues.  That's a big blow, but lucky for him, they have 2 good receivers to lean on.  Montgomery features 17-4A's best offense & 2nd best defense, against Brenham, which has 17-4A's best defense & 2nd best offense.  Something has got to give....  Come on Friday!!!!

My prediction: Brenham      34
                    Montgomery 20

If no one noticed, Jr Dedrick Linton stepped up and had a pretty darn good game, against a pretty good defense. He carried 11 times for 134 and averaged 12.2 yd/carry as well as a TD. Also lost a key lineman in the first series to an injury, and the back up stepped right in and never missed a beat. He will likely have to start against Malcolm Brown next week as well, because the ankle looked pretty serious. Nothing was broke but there may well be some ligament damage.

None the less this is the game of the year for the Bears, every year this is a war on the field. It is usually won and lost in the trenches, it will be the game to see next week. Make no bone about it, this is big. Field goals will be key, and Will Fox has a great leg on him. 21-24 Bears!!!

I've seen both teams play and both teams whipped us.  Montgomery has a very good team and an excellent quarterback , but Brenham has an excellent defensive line so they can and will bring the pressure. Their offense can score at will. Cubs win this one and win district. 35-7.

Man I can't wait for this one!  I did notice a couple things at the Montgomery vs Waller game.  When being pressured, the Montgomery QB seemed to overthrow his receivers.  Early in the game he struggled, but got better in the 2nd half, when Montgomery got a comfortable lead.  The thing with playing Brenham, you will see lots of pressure no matter what the outcome of the game is.  That being said, Brenham will be in the backfield a lot, and I don't see Montgomery getting a comfortable lead to, settle their QB.  Brown is double and triple teamed every game, and still plays great.  How will the Montgomery o-line, handle this challenge.  The have to stop the best player in Brenham history, with a back up center.  On pass plays, will the new HB be able to pick up the blitz schemes Brenham will bring?  Just too much fire power on the Brenham defense.

[color=green][b]Brenham[/b][/color]      [color=purple][b]Montgomery[/b][/color]
    [b]QB[/b]        Advantage
    [b]HB[/b]        Advantage
    [b]WR[/b]      Advantage
    [b]OL[/b]        Advantage
    [b]DL[/b]        Advantage
    [b]LB[/b]        Advantage
    [b]DB[/b]                      Push
    [b]K[/b]                                Advantage
[b]Coaching[/b]  Advantage

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1079549" timestamp="1318295725"]
                [color=green][b]Brenham[/b][/color]      [color=purple][b]Montgomery[/b][/color]
    [b]WR[/b]      Advantage
[/quote]Wow!! Just tell them to kick the ball and Brenham can stay at home. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1079760" timestamp="1318340342"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89554.msg1079549#msg1079549 date=1318295725]
    [b]WR[/b]      Advantage
[/quote]Wow!! Just tell them to kick the ball and Brenham can stay at home. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

It looks bad, but the teams are closer than it looks.  Just going by the #'s & offers, this is how I see it.

QB- Haveman, leads 17-4A in %, yards and TD's. (also no int's)
HB- I would give the edge to Montgomery or say it's even, but they are with 17-4A's best rusher.
WR- Tre'mund Moore is one of the best WR's Brenham has ever had, and there have been some good ones.  He leads the district in receptions, yards & TD's.
OL- Brenham has an A&M committ on there's & Malcolm Brown plays TE also now.  Add in that Montgomery's C just hurt his ankle last week.
DL- Best player Brenham has ever had is on the d-line. (Malcolm Brown)
LB- 3 of Brenham's 4 LB's have D1 offers.
DB- this one is about even.
K- Brenham's kicking game has been horrible.
Coach- While Bolfing is good, I have to go with West on this one.  He had turned Brenham into a perennial power.  Also has studied under legendary head coach Gordon Wood. 

BTW- *Just cuz u have an advantage somewhere, doesn't mean you're going to win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics