GCM/GCCISD Football

cbear4

It used to be that kids could not wait to get to high school to play football and it was expected in Baytown that both teams, Lee and Sterling, would be good every year. Can we get this back please? Can we again have pride in our football teams. School is about academics but part of the experience is Friday Night Football. I dislike BH but they love their teams. Dayton loves football. Crosby has support as well.

GCM will have trouble consistently beating any average opponent with the way they play. Anyone with any knowledge about this team knows that they have enough athletes to compete with most teams every week. I know I am going to get replies from people saying they beat North forest and that we need to support the coach and their staff. I say that the leadership of this team sucks. I know coaching is a hard and a thankless job but I say we can do better.
Yes, he brought them into the playoffs during their 2nd year with some good players who won despite our coaching, IMO. 19-4A was very weak that year to anyone who follows football knows this. GCm also lost their best coach, O-Line coach, later in the year to BH.

GCM's coach is inconsistent and from what I see, does not have the respect of his players. He seems to have an inflated ego or is just too ignorant to do what it takes to win. DO WHAT IS NECESSARY OR STEP DOWN! Last year was a disaster and with much higher expectations this year, things look the same. Will he make the changes necessary to compete before it is too late. There are some playmakers and leadership on this team from what I can see. A player makes big plays one week and does not even see the field on offense the next. We have horrible play from the most important position on the field every week and we see more of the same. Had no trouble making a big switch last season at QB. He also refused to play his best RB all season for even a few snaps.
I do support someone who shows leadership to their own team and maybe even a little emotion.

What is number of your son that wants to play quarterback.  The quarterback had pressure all night.  One int was caused when the ball hit the wr in the facemask and bounced off.  I guess the coach should have gone out there and caught it for him.  The second int came late and was a bad throw falling away, he should have stepped up from the backside pressure and checked down.  I think the QB play has gotten better, last night drops at the wrong time hurt the most.  My son played freshmen football last year and is jv this year and they are excited and believe in THEIR coaching staff.  The RB that I'm guessing your talking about was not even on the sidelines last year.  Personally I think fumbles and penalties at the worst possible times have hurt us the most.  Yes it is ultimately the coaches fault in the end I guess, but you have a senior wr false start on a 3rd & short give me a break.  Coaches coach up the players but the players also have the job of having to excute.  I'm sure you will disagree with me but that's why we have our own opinions.

Guest UHCoog14
That running back will not be back. Time to move on.

It's not X's and O's. It's Larry's and Joes's. I have yet to see the coach miss a block, fumble, miss an assignment or leave a WR wide open. They are doing the best with what they have. If  you think they are leaving some D-1 player on the  bench, you are sadly mistaken.

GCM is 1-0.  Tied for  first. Let's let the players play and the coaches coach. There's not much else we  can do.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1066122" timestamp="1316988269"]
It's not X's and O's. It's Larry's and Joes's. I have yet to see the coach miss a block, fumble, miss an assignment or leave a WR wide open. They are doing the best with what they have. If  you think they are leaving some D-1 player on the  bench, you are sadly mistaken.
GCM is 1-0.  Tied for  first. Let's let the players play and the coaches coach. There's not much else we  can do.
[/quote]

Great Post.  Let's be 1-0 after each week and see where it goes.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1066122" timestamp="1316988269"]

[/quote]Do the players respect the coach and believe in his guidance and game plan? If the answer is yes; I wouldn't be so fast to blame the coaches. Could be sour grapes over another issue. GCM always plays us tough and they are one of the teams that make me nervous. I suspect they will play their best game against us.

[quote name="QB01" post="1066136" timestamp="1316989855"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=88841.msg1066122#msg1066122 date=1316988269]
[/quote]
You guys keep dreamin and keep hoping that this teamn will string some wins along with the same philosphy each week. Coaches teach discipline or the mistakes would not continue every single week. They do not know how to adapt or change or they would do better with what they have PATS. Never said there was a D-1 player on the bench. I would love to sit here and debate this with you like you are all knowing here but I have seen my share of football as well and know a little about all the kids at the Baytown schools. I am letting the coaches coach and the players play. Where did you come up with that? I have an opinion and it may not be right on but it is not far from the truth.

You can keep up with givin this staff a pass but it would not happen elsehwere.

GCM should make some teams nervous because if they may come out and play mistake free football and stay disciplined, they are dangerous.

[quote name="bh15" post="1066193" timestamp="1316993839"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=88841.msg1066122#msg1066122 date=1316988269]

[/quote]Do the players respect the coach and believe in his guidance and game plan? If the answer is yes; I wouldn't be so fast to blame the coaches. Could be sour grapes over another issue. GCM always plays us tough and they are one of the teams that make me nervous. I suspect they will play their best game against us.
[/quote]

Answer in a nutshell is "NO". Sour grapes, what are you talkin about? Am i supposed to be happy that they cannot compete week to week? They play with what they know and all they are taught. Not tough enough!

[quote name="QB01" post="1065969" timestamp="1316978923"]
What is number of your son that wants to play quarterback.  The quarterback had pressure all night.  One int was caused when the ball hit the wr in the facemask and bounced off.  I guess the coach should have gone out there and caught it for him.  The second int came late and was a bad throw falling away, he should have stepped up from the backside pressure and checked down.  I think the QB play has gotten better, last night drops at the wrong time hurt the most.  My son played freshmen football last year and is jv this year and they are excited and believe in THEIR coaching staff.  The RB that I'm guessing your talking about was not even on the sidelines last year.  Personally I think fumbles and penalties at the worst possible times have hurt us the most.  Yes it is ultimately the coaches fault in the end I guess, but you have a senior wr false start on a 3rd & short give me a break.  Coaches coach up the players but the players also have the job of having to excute.  I'm sure you will disagree with me but that's why we have our own opinions.
[/quote]
What are you talking about? Do you know the offense they run? Like your quote on the son playing QB. I think this kid should play better and did last season. If he knew when to check down, he might not have the problems he faces every game. I know a little about the QB position as well and he has the ability to step up and be a team leader. I was in favor of him last season but he has not shown any improvement. He has an option when he sees the defense but he does not seem to know what he is looking at. Throw off of his back foot more times than not. 

Good your son played Freshman ball last year and all should strive to make an impression on their head coach to ultimately play on Varsity. Come on "they believe in their coach"! What is this the Family Channel? This HC has never coached up one player on this team, ever that I can remember. Just his personality I guess. If he showed fire the team would love him, I promise. You are sadly mistaken on your assesment... I hope they win all the rest of their games and I will come on here and say how wrong I was, and I hope I have to do this.

RB I am talking about was on was on varsity all of last season and you obviously do not know this team very well, nor the coach from that matter. Nothing personal against the coach but if he showed some positive re-enforement, his team would respond.

I know the QB gets all the glory and all the blame too.  You not brought up dropped balls by wr, or the missed blocks or protection by the Fb or the fumbles/mental mistakes by both RB's or anything about the OL.  Again I wonder what position you son wants to play.
Like I said before the Coach will get all the blame in the end, but unless you are there with them all the hours you don't really know what there doing.  They are trusting our 15,16,17,18's with their careers. 
They can put them in the places they need to be and taught what they need to do but when the players step across the white line and whistle blows it's up to te player to excute.
It's fine you can discredit me cause my kid is younger or I don't know anything about the game in your opinion.

[quote name="QB01" post="1066288" timestamp="1316999554"]
Sorry i meant to say last game not last year.  I know exactly which one you are talking and why he is not there.
[/quote]
Yes, it is sad about the choices some kids make and he is not a bad kid. He is gone but he showed the ability to make plays at RB and should have seen more snaps, IMO.

[quote name="QB01" post="1066294" timestamp="1317000072"]
I know the QB gets all the glory and all the blame too.  You not brought up dropped balls by wr, or the missed blocks or protection by the Fb or the fumbles/mental mistakes by both RB's or anything about the OL.  Again I wonder what position you son wants to play.
Like I said before the Coach will get all the blame in the end, but unless you are there with them all the hours you don't really know what there doing.  They are trusting our 15,16,17,18's with their careers. 
They can put them in the places they need to be and taught what they need to do but when the players step across the white line and whistle blows it's up to te player to excute.
It's fine you can discredit me cause my kid is younger or I don't know anything about the game in your opinion.
[/quote]

I am not trying to discredit you about anything. You made a crack about a son wanting to play. My son has no chance to play QB but he and the other kids have been with these coaches for a few years now and I know what has been said and things that have been done to a few in particular. The kids suck it up and keep playing, as they should. We do not have to agree or like it and we get to voice our opinions here. I am sure there are a few good coaches there but leadership starts at the top.

I did not bring up drop passes because you have a few kids palying at the WR postion who have never played there until now. Missed blocks you are talking about came because the kid did not know what to do or who to block in certain situations. Kid was blocking thw wrong man all night. I happen to know that and this is also where the illegal chop blocks came from. That is a coaching blunder because it was not corrected. All will make mistakes but with discipline they are kept to a minimum.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1066317" timestamp="1317001546"]
He also  showed the ability to put the ball on the ground too much.
[/quote]
I agree, but after several others made the same mistakes he still never saw the field. He showed big play capability like few others ever do. Go with what is working at the time. You can argue all night but IMO we are all too predictable. We will see, I am sure he will shake things up a bit when we get into district. I hope so.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83