Galena Park @ Dayton Predictions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knightrider

I was at the game in BH and i saw many plays where Eagle players just ran through our tackles or lack of tackles. I counted many plays where our players hit the opponent 2-3 times and did not wrap up and the result was a big play for the Eagles. No 1 will be back soon and that will be a big improvement and as the season goes on I am sure we will see some of the seniors on offense go both ways when needed. I do think our defense will improve as the season goes along. Dayton will not loose another district game and hopefully we will be 100% healthy and on a roll come playoff time. The Eagles are much improved but everyone gets up to beat Dayton.  Lets just see where we all end up at the end. Go Broncos.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1066233" timestamp="1316996163"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=88832.msg1066219#msg1066219 date=1316995389]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=88832.msg1065840#msg1065840 date=1316967199]
I doubt Dayton losses another game this season
[/quote]

So you have them winning state?
[/quote]I knew soon as i posted this comment someone would say that lol but let me rephrase they wont lose another district* game lol
[/quote]

Lol.  Just checking....  If Dayton's defense doesn't improve, Crosby could give them trouble.  Those twins made Crosby's running game look pretty good.  Crosby will just need to make a couple stops.  That's the part I'm not too sure about.

[quote name="liltex" post="1066862" timestamp="1317069148"]
Looking for a big time passing attack.Herrera closing on 4,000 yds-needs 64 to make it.Dayton by 24
[/quote] there passing game was working against bh they were movin the ball down the field well...do away with that wildcat stuff on 4th downs if they are in that situation. Dayton will rebound and win this game by 17 JMO

Guest Pirate_pride_07
GP has the chance to make this a game. They have a decent offense and BH made Dayton's defense look pretty bad last week but Dayton is a winning team and I believe they will return to there ways after a long week of practice.

Dayton - 38
GP - 17

[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88832.msg1066944#msg1066944 date=1317074297]
GP has the chance to make this a game. They have a decent offense and BH made Dayton's offense look pretty bad last week but Dayton is a winning team and I believe they will return to there ways after a long week of practice.
bronx had almost 400yds offense and scored 24pts you must have not been at the game

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1066944" timestamp="1317074297"]
GP has the chance to make this a game. They have a decent offense and BH made Dayton's defense look pretty bad last week but Dayton is a winning team and I believe they will return to there ways after a long week of practice.
bronx had almost 400yds offense and scored 24pts you must have not been at the game
[/quote]

My bad. Meant to put defense. I corrected it lol.

[quote name="liltex" post="1066862" timestamp="1317069148"]
Looking for a big time passing attack.Herrera closing on 4,000 yds-needs 64 to make it.Dayton by 24
[/quote]Even if Galena Park can move the ball on Dayton's defense they will have to make long drives. There will only be touchbacks for GP on kickoffs and when, or if, they stop the offense #7 will pin them back deep w/his punts. Best punter I've seen in highschool in years.

Day  42
GP    21

If we come out and play defense like we have all year I hate to say it but I think gp can score at will just like bh. The difference in this game is gp doesnt have as good of a defense as bh so we will probably outscore them. I heard we were making some personall changes but until they prove it on the field I say bronx 42 gp 35

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1068304" timestamp="1317227805"]
If we come out and play defense like we have all year I hate to say it but [b]I think gp can score at will just like bh.[/b] The difference in this game is gp doesnt have as good of a defense as bh so we will probably outscore them. I heard we were making some personall changes but until they prove it on the field I say bronx 42 gp 35
[/quote]

I think we were a little better than that. They punted as much as we did and we forced a couple fumbles. The coaches will right the ship. It seems no matter how good we are early season, it always takes a while to get the proper personnel in the right spots. We'll be fine.

I'm sure Dayton will bring home the win this week for a number of reasons.  However; less than 2 weeks ago Dayton's team was better than last year's team as per a number of Dayton followers posted.  Here are but two I was able to quickly find after reading this thread:

“My piont is that Dayton is stronger than last year and should do as well, if not better, than last year.”  - Oldrock

“From someone that has seen Dayton last year and this year, I believe Dayton is better this year.” – ATWILDCAT

Now it seems as though many of the Dayton faithful doesn't think so highly.  Is it just because a [b]much improved[/b] BH team won last Friday.  Or is it because the sucky Hill that hasn't played anybody this year beat them?  I'm not trying to stir the pot because I really, really like the Dayton program and think they have been the model program in SETX for the better half of the last 2 decades.  It just seems that some of you now think they're not very good.  Remember, you manhandled Ike and I really don't think GP is anywhere near Ike.  I'm just trying to figure out the real reason some of you are now down on your guys.

Thankfully da beast Terrance Crowder(rb-GP)and the 2 twin towers def ends have graduated.Lawd last yr w/a huge lead we had to put the starters in quickly as GP went on a tear.Lesson learned 4 qtrs.hammer dwn.Seems the yellowjackets once again like to throw alot we'll see if we can get 6 pics again like last year.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1068588" timestamp="1317255976"]
Dayton will have their hands full with [b]Hagan.  [/b]The kid leads the Houston area in receiving. 

35 receptions for 626 yds & 3 TD's
[/quote]

Seen some tape on em. Kids a beast.  Not worried DA BRONX gonna come out firing this one. I know Coach Hancock will have em ready and I know the players took the loss serious and will have a little extra pep in da step.

[quote name="liltex" post="1068612" timestamp="1317257415"]
[b]GP had 6 pics[/b] on King qb J.Portillo-Hagen had 15 catches for 286 yd=2 tds.Terrance Crowder did not graduate as he had 26 yds in gm 1 vs Magnolia-no stats against Rayb-Sharpstwn-King the 4 opposing teams combined are 8-9 losses but pass is their go to game.
[/quote]

And still gave up 35 pts  ;)  GET READY FOR A BRONX STAMPEDE  ;D

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1068569" timestamp="1317253040"]
I'm sure Dayton will bring home the win this week for a number of reasons.  However; less than 2 weeks ago Dayton's team was better than last year's team as per a number of Dayton followers posted.  Here are but two I was able to quickly find after reading this thread:

“My piont is that Dayton is stronger than last year and should do as well, if not better, than last year.”  - Oldrock

“From someone that has seen Dayton last year and this year, I believe Dayton is better this year.” – ATWILDCAT

Now it seems as though many of the Dayton faithful doesn't think so highly.  Is it just because a [b]much improved[/b] BH team won last Friday.  Or is it because the sucky Hill that hasn't played anybody this year beat them?  I'm not trying to stir the pot because I really, really like the Dayton program and think they gave been the model program in SETX for the better half of the last 2 decades.  It just seems that some of you now think they're not very good.  Remember, you manhandled Ike and I really don't think GP is anywhere near Ike.  I'm just trying to figure out the real reason some of you are now down on your guys.
[/quote]our defense is why I think where in trouble and I think bh is a descent team but dayton is giving up more yds and points than I have ever seen. Coming into the bh game I had seen yall play lumbrton and really struggle to score same thing against ned and then come out and put like 400yds and 31 points on us it wouldnt matter to me if we would have won I would still say we have problems. Whoever said we would be better this year just wasnt thinking clearly we lost 3 kids that are all playing d1 our leading tackler and the offensive mvp of district 19 4a still hasnt recovered from his injury. Love bronx as much as anyone but this team is nothing like last years

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami