Brenham, looks impressive in district opener...

BrenhamFan

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Brenham-unbeaten-after-rout-2186585.php
(Even though this article has a couple of the stats wrong)

(Correct Stats Below)
[b]Brenham[/b]
QB Dean Haveman- 13 for 13 for 201 yards & 5 TD's.
HB Klartel Claridy- 30 carries for 220 yards & 2 TD's.
WR Tre'mund Moore- 9 receptions for 128 yards & 3 TD's.
WR Kwadareus Chapel- 2 receptions for 21 yards & 1 TD.
DT/TE Malcolm Brown- 2 receptions for 52 yards & 1 TD. (He also had 3 sacks, FF,  FR & blocked a PAT)
*The Brenham defense had 7 sacks & 1 interception on the night.

Brenham        Magnolia West
      First Downs        23                      12
  Rushing Yards    40-238              31-68
  Passing Yards  13/13-201        9/18-192
      Total Yards      438                  260
  Fumbles-Lost        3-2                  3-3
  Penalty Yards        6-50                3-21

Well, Brenham is always impressive.  I thought that West could run with them if they could hold onto the ball.  I see they had 3 turnovers in the 1st half, and you simply can not do that if you want to beat Brenham.  Once they fell behind 2 scores, that was it.  Looking forward to seeing how the Montgomery-Stratford game goes today.  I think it's a good possibility that Montgomery will give the Cubs their only loss in the regular season. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1064782" timestamp="1316850830"]
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Brenham-unbeaten-after-rout-2186585.php
(Even though this article has a couple of the stats wrong)

(Correct Stats Below)
[b]Brenham[/b]
QB Dean Haveman- 12 for 12 for 204 yards & 5 TD's.
HB Klartel Claridy- 30 carries for 221 yards & 2 TD's.
WR Tre'mund Moore- 9 receptions for 132 yards & 3 TD's.
WR Kwadareus Chapel- 2 receptions for 24 yards & 1 TD.
DT/TE Malcolm Brown- 2 receptions for 53 yards & 1 TD. (He also had 3 sacks, FF,  FR & blocked a PAT)
*The Brenham defense had 7 sacks & 1 interception on the night.

Brenham        Magnolia West
      First Downs        23                      9
  Rushing Yards    38-244              26-131
  Passing Yards  12/12-204        9/18-184
  Fumbles-Lost        3-2                  3-3
  Penalty Yards        7-55                2-15
[/quote]
Way to go Cubs. Good luck in district play!!!

[quote name="Eazy" post="1065079" timestamp="1316884454"]
Well, Brenham is always impressive.  I thought that West could run with them if they could hold onto the ball.  I see they had 3 turnovers in the 1st half, and you simply can not do that if you want to beat Brenham.  Once they fell behind 2 scores, that was it.  Looking forward to seeing how the Montgomery-Stratford game goes today.  I think it's a good possibility that Montgomery will give the Cubs their only loss in the regular season.
[/quote]

It's possible that Montgomery could beat us, but it has never happened before, so I'm hoping that it stays that way.  I don't think the Montgomery @ Stratford game will be close.  My prediction, the Bears win by 17 to 24 points.

Our schedule has not worked in our favor. 
*Only 4 home games this year.
*3 away games in a row, early in the season. (With a bye in the middle of them)
*Away games: Lamar Consolidated- probably a playoff team from a tough district, Houston Lamar- Quality 5A school, Magnolia West- a playoff team that has improved every year, Montgomery- the team that has challenged us the most in district. (Spring Woods & Magnolia are away games too, but are cakewalks)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1065138" timestamp="1316887958"]
If that secondary doesn't learn to cover I can see another first round exit.
[/quote]

The secondary will be fine.  They were a little rusty coming off the bye week.  You notice all of those passing yards were in the 1st quarter.  As usual, the defense started slow, but made adjustments throughout the game.  After that, our defense was back to normal.  When you blitz as much as we do, you're gonna give up some big plays from time to time.  The thing is, we give up an occasional big play, but our defense makes up for it with our own big plays!  You live by the blitz, you die by the blitz...  It's not easy to throw on the run, with a 300 pound beast hitting you play after play.  It will take a toll on you, just ask any 17-4A QB...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami