Dayton vs. Aldine Eisenhower Game Thread/Dayton wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="beechnut" post="1058748" timestamp="1316229450"]
Number twenty from Dayton got the play of the night on Channel two on the kickoff return. Congrads
[/quote]awesome that's Jamal Fowler

Guest beechnut
[quote name="octfeb" post="1058756" timestamp="1316229819"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=88370.msg1058748#msg1058748 date=1316229450]
Number twenty from Dayton got the play of the night on Channel two on the kickoff return. Congrads
[/quote]awesome that's Jamal Fowler
[/quote]

Ya pretty good runback.

Man, just got home from the game and bronco defense was looking good. The offense didn't disappoint either. I met liltex and brenhamfan tonight, it was nice to put a face to a name, great guys at that. The broncos are primed and ready for district so lookout 19-4a. I also wanted to give props to the Ike band, I loved the sax solo during the National Anthem.

Dayton opened the playbook a little tonight and it payed off.  I have to give it to the O-Line tonight. Started a little slow but shored it up quickly. The D is staring to stiffen and Tousant is starting to hit his stride on the D line. If there is one word I can use about this team its "MOTOR". DA BRONX bring it every play. The only negative tonight was DA HORSE getting a little nicked up. Overall great game  ;D 

Finally got to get to a game so sorry hawkeye about the lack of updates.  O-line needs to bring it early and often and the slow starts are killing us.  Glad to see the passing game stretch the field although it did take a little bit.  Defense....tackle better and catch the ball.  At least 6 balls that could've been picked off and 2 that should've.  Coverage was there though most of the night, even on the tipped ball td...strange to say but it's going to be tough to pass on this team.  Really enjoyed the effort and toughness on both sides of the ball against a far bigger team.  Let's get those injuries healed soon!  Herrerra went out and bought him some speed from somewhere and all the receivers seem to be a step faster as well.  Let's take it to the ants next week!

Barnicle needs to fire da stats reporter.Good lawd they have Ike w more yds???????????Have Carranco w/a 46 yd fg when he kicked from the 45-a 55 yd fg.Next got Carranco w/1 punt for 117 yds.Dayton mauled Ike tonight then gets complacent w/8 min left and goes out of the game plan to rushing right up the middle and slacking on defense.2nd week in a row the last 8 min has not been pretty.Plenty of eye witnesses tonight got to see Carranco send a kickoff thru and over the goal post.As for da ant mound,well it could get ugly again ::) ::) ;) ;D

[quote name="rollinac" post="1058812" timestamp="1316233263"]
Finally got to get to a game so [b]sorry hawkeye about the lack of updates[/b].  O-line needs to bring it early and often and the slow starts are killing us.  Glad to see the passing game stretch the field although it did take a little bit.  Defense....tackle better and catch the ball.  At least 6 balls that could've been picked off and 2 that should've.  Coverage was there though most of the night, even on the tipped ball td...strange to say but it's going to be tough to pass on this team.  Really enjoyed the effort and toughness on both sides of the ball against a far bigger team.  Let's get those injuries healed soon!  Herrerra went out and bought him some speed from somewhere and all the receivers seem to be a step faster as well.  Let's take it to the ants next week!
[/quote]
Don't mention it. Everyone deserves a night off once in a while. I did, however, miss your detailed play-by-play updates.

From what I've read it sounds like this was a good win for the Broncos. I was worried about the defense after the Nederland scrimmage, but it sounds like them boys are getting it together. Way to go Broncos!

[quote name="liltex" post="1058836" timestamp="1316234369"]
Barnicle needs to fire da stats reporter.Good lawd they have Ike w more yds???????????Have Carranco w/a 46 yd fg when he kicked from the 45-a 55 yd fg.Next got Carranco w/1 punt for 117 yds.Dayton mauled Ike tonight then gets complacent w/8 min left and goes out of the game plan to rushing right up the middle and slacking on defense.2nd week in a row the last 8 min has not been pretty.Plenty of eye witnesses tonight got to see Carranco send a kickoff thru and over the goal post.As for da ant mound,well it could get ugly again ::) ::) ;) ;D
[/quote]

I've talked to the Chronicle high school reporters about the stats and they say they just print (or post) the stats that are sent in from the pressbox. They don't have anyone out there at these games gathering stats. I suppose there could still be misprints though. A 55 yarder!!!!!! No kidding? Man I wish I could have seen that.

[/quote]

They were running the clock out and the defense was 60% back ups half way through the 4th quarter. Ease up liltex.

The defense played fundamentally well. They held a very athletic offense to 24 points and capitalized on Ike's mistakes. We had a few bad plays on both sides of the ball, but this was an impressive showing overall.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1058790" timestamp="1316232135"]
Dayton opened the playbook a little tonight and it payed off.  I have to give it to the O-Line tonight. Started a little slow but shored it up quickly. The D is staring to stiffen and Tousant is starting to hit his stride on the D line. If there is one word I can use about this team its "MOTOR". DA BRONX bring it every play. The only negative tonight was [b]DA HORSE getting a little nicked up.[/b] Overall great game  ;D
[/quote]

????????? Any word on how Jakari is? Not the leg I hope.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1058918" timestamp="1316258295"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=88370.msg1058790#msg1058790 date=1316232135]
Dayton opened the playbook a little tonight and it payed off.  I have to give it to the O-Line tonight. Started a little slow but shored it up quickly. The D is staring to stiffen and Tousant is starting to hit his stride on the D line. If there is one word I can use about this team its "MOTOR". DA BRONX bring it every play. The only negative tonight was [b]DA HORSE getting a little nicked up.[/b] Overall great game  ;D
[/quote]

????????? Any word on how Jakari is? Not the leg I hope.
[/quote] I think it was his leg... but not anything major. He was limping on it more than usual but he didn't appear to be in any pain.

The ball was kicked from the 36 yard line, add 10 and it equals 46 yard field goal. 

[/quote]

[quote name="JARobinson" post="1059078" timestamp="1316276743"]
Actually SETEXfan, you take where the line of scrimage is and add 17yrds to that. 10yrd from the end zone to the goal post and then the holder lines up 7yrds behind the line of scrimage so a ball on the 20yrd line would be considered a 37yrd field goal.
[/quote]The FG that Juan made last night was a 43 yd. FG. That's what was called last night at the game. 37 47 55 100.. whatever you wanna call it... the fact is the boy is a freaking AWESOME kicker..... I look forward to seeing him kick in every game. He has it down to a art. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder