The Hill is for Real

[quote name="dayton" post="1055957" timestamp="1315932379"]
[quote author=cornhusker link=topic=88122.msg1055954#msg1055954 date=1315931528]
The Hill can play with any teams in there district and 20 4A district. [b]These two district are not as strong as years past.[/b][/quote]

you may be right.... but that's what people say everytime a new team steps up to some form of prominence.
[/quote]

I've noticed that too. It's happened the past two years in 20-4-A basketball, since Nederland won district both of those years. I realize Ned has not won district in b-ball for 55 years, but that's another topic. Came mostly from Ozen and Central fans who finished 2nd & 3rd
respectively. Sometimes I guess it's just difficult to lose that top spot.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1056256" timestamp="1315949894"]
Whats up with brenham putting dayton on upset alert where not the ones that got beat by kp. I have seen both teams play and dayton is prob a 28pt favorite broncos have to much talent on offense and bh has had a tough time scoring in the last 2ball games
[/quote]

I never said I'm putting Dayton on upset alert.  What I said was, [b]"Anybody putting Dayton on upset alert?"[/b] That loss to KP means about as much as your Broncos blowing that 4th quarter lead they had against my Cubs 2 years ago....  It means nothing now! 

BH can win this game if they play mistake free. We had 5 center-qb fumble exchanges against Nederland. I believe the coach will solve that problem this week in practice. We can play a better offense than we did last week. Nederland has a better defense than some are giving them credit for.

As for big D; they beat us like red-headed step children last year. However, this year our team is stronger and I think Dayton lost a lot on defense due to graduation. The Dayton qb is probably the best in the area, including 20 4A.
I think the Ike game may provide some more insight. Anyway, I predict a close, hard smash- mouth game on the 23rd. I'll save my prediction on the score until next week.

Dont look to learn much from the game with ike they will be much better than people r saying the only game they got handled in was by north shore. I  do think bh is better this year but they have only managed to score 7points in each of their last 2 games in the first half if they do that against dayton they will b in trouble.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1056427" timestamp="1315960569"]
Dont look to learn much from the game with ike they will be much better than people r saying the only game they got handled in was by north shore. I  do think bh is better this year but they have only managed to score 7points in each of their last 2 games in the first half if they do that against dayton they will b in trouble.
[/quote]You are absolutely right, so we will have to score more. We can't win if it comes down to who is scoring more or who has the last posession. Our defense will be the difference. We have given up 16pts in three games. Pretty stout I'd say! :D

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1056396" timestamp="1315958082"]
You sure keep up with dayton football but I guess you have had plenty of chances to c us in the playoffs we have more playoff wins than any other  4a team in region 3 the past 4years
[/quote]

I keep up with all HS football, including bragging rights, which in the Brenham/Dayton series, belong to us at the moment. 
*We won the last game.
*We lead the all time series 2-1.

Back on topic, the Hill has looked good so far, so I expect the BH/Dayton game to be alot closer this year.

[quote name="bh15" post="1056440" timestamp="1315961110"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=88122.msg1056427#msg1056427 date=1315960569]
[/quote]You are absolutely right, so we will have to score more. We can't win if it comes down to who is scoring more or who has the last posession. Our defense will be the difference. We have given up [b]16pts in three games[/b]. Pretty stout I'd say! :D
[/quote]
Dayton will have 24 at the half ;) Pretty stout I'd say  ;D

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1055655" timestamp="1315876314"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=88122.msg1055322#msg1055322 date=1315844227]
I do think BH is going to contend in district this year. It's going to be wild between Dayton, BH, and Crosby. 19-4A might go 3-1 in the first round this year. Props for BH, and I think the Hill is for real this year!
[/quote]

WOW respect from an ndn?
[/quote]
Yes . Dayton , Barbers Hill , and Crosby all have very good teams.

[quote name="Jack E Moon" post="1056463" timestamp="1315962959"]
The Dayton/BH matchup will be a good one. BH lost this one last year but it was their only district loss. And as we all know, Dayton lost some key defensive players. I agree with the others, the team that makes the least mistakes will win, and probably win district.
[/quote]
I would not count out Crosby jus yet.  They put 24 on a VERY GOOD Dawson team, even though they lost big. 

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1056342" timestamp="1315953920"]
Ok at least we agree dayton just gave yall that victory 2years ago
[/quote] Dayton didn't give Brenham anything it was the tale of two halfs ! Dayton dominated the first half and Brenham won the second half ( the one that counted ) pure and simple .  This year's Angleton game was the tale of quarters Dayton won the second & thrird while Angleton won the first & fourth ( the one that counted )  You have to persevere all 4 Qtrs. to win against good teams and have a little luck on the way. I'll be surprised if we beat Ike ,but then again I didn't think we could beat Elkins after watching the first half either. The first district game against BH won't be a cake walk and I expect a good ole dog fight by two good teams. Brenhman fan is just that a "FAN "  (  its all in fun Bronco Pride so lean back in your seat and enjoy the Bronco ride come what may ! )

Has anybody on here seen bh and dayton play this year besides me. I saw bh play on our biweek and there is no way bh wins this game. Im guessing most people on here predicting a close game have not seen both teams play. Brenham fan went out on a limb saying it would b closer than last year considering we won by over 50 I would have to agree

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1056647" timestamp="1316007732"]
Has anybody on here seen bh and dayton play this year besides me. I saw bh play on our biweek and there is no way bh wins this game. Im guessing most people on here predicting a close game have not seen both teams play. Brenham fan went out on a limb saying it would b closer than last year considering we won by over 50 I would have to agree
[/quote]

I'm not predicting who I think will win, b/c I haven't seen either team play. but many on here look at records, yards for/against, points for/against during the preseason and don't take into consideration who the opposing team played against. ...and no, I'm not just referring to Dayton fans or BH fans. I realize it's our only current measuring stick, but too much weight is put on it. One's opinion holds a lot more weight if you've physically watched both teams play
(this year). Otherwise, it's just 'Smack Talk'! (which is fun, no doubt). Is The Hill for real? The jury is still out...but lookin' good-IMO.  ;D

I watched Dayton Scrimage Ned and went to the BH Ned game. Nederland moved the ball on the dayton first team & put up over 20 points total, some of that was against the subs but they were successful at moving the ball & scoring on daytons first team D. Despite having excellant field position, starting inside our 40 a couple of times Ned only put up 7 points in regulation on our D. Barring turnovers from BH this will be a close game. If we turn it over then that is a different story. Get ready folks it is gonna be a good one!

[quote name="EZDawg" post="1056667" timestamp="1316009496"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=88122.msg1056647#msg1056647 date=1316007732]
[/quote]

I'm not predicting who I think will win, b/c I haven't seen either team play. but many on here look at records, yards for/against, points for/against during the preseason and don't take into consideration who the opposing team played against. ...and no, I'm not just referring to Dayton fans or BH fans. I realize it's our only current measuring stick, but too much weight is put on it. One's opinion holds a lot more weight if you've physically watched both teams play
(this year). Otherwise, it's just 'Smack Talk'! (which is fun, no doubt). Is The Hill for real? The jury is still out...but lookin' good-IMO.  ;D
[/quote]

Well put! I think both teams realize thy have a tuff game on thier hands and it is imposible to compair the two teams with stats. Dayton has a high flyiing quick scoring offense while BH has a stout D and a ball controlling Offense. You will never see BH break 40 and only break 30 points a couple of times this year because the offense isn't about that. We hold teams to low points because we have a good D and the O holds on to the ball soo much with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust system. If Dayton scores 24 before the half then this game will be over IMO. Nederland told us the same thing and thanks to some BH mistakes they got 7 on the board in regulation! The key to the game is if Dayton can stop BH from sucking up so much time on thier Drives! You let us score thier goes 8-10 minutes of the game ;D

BH defense is the key, no doubt.  Specifically our coners and safeties need to have at least 2 interceptions, which convert to points.  We can't allow 7-9 yard passes on third-down.  Linebackers need to knock Herrera into the next county as often as they can catch that little sucker. 

After all that, stick fingers in eyes, talk about mamas, knee them when their down, step on their hands, and any other highly legal and very sportsman-like effort we can think of.  ;D 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1056704" timestamp="1316012386"]
BH defense is the key, no doubt.  Specifically our coners and safeties need to have at least 2 interceptions, which convert to points.  We can't allow 7-9 yard passes on third-down.  Linebackers need to knock Herrera into the next county as often as they can catch that little sucker. 

After all that, stick fingers in eyes, talk about mamas, knee them when their down, step on their hands, and any other highly legal and very sportsman-like effort we can think of.  ;D
[/quote]

I predict  atleast 4 personal fouls in this game as well and an ejection or 2 8)

We have never been known for our dirty play, except for the barely late hit on Ned qb last week. We also are very disciplined and don't receive many penalties due to good coaching. However, there is some bad blood brewing between us and Dayton and I wouldn't put anything past our agressive defense next week. I just hope we don't get anybody thrown out of the game. Snap your chin straps tight big D because our defense is gonna bring it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder