Week 4 Pee-Wee Power Rankings!!

Betrayed

Still no comparison P.a has more than one league u can play in with 3 different teams..........Png has one team one league ALL Kids play in ......btw you miss counted on number of schools in p.a .......png 1 high school....p.a 1 high school....bmt 3 high schools, public that is !!!!

[quote name="LR33" post="1060477" timestamp="1316441443"]
Hats off to you my friend and your team!!! Nederland Black is no Joke!!! BIG,BIG,BIG!!! This was a great Game. This goes to SmashMouth, All my kids are solid in my and there parents eyes!!! And yes we pray because GOD tells us to...
[/quote]awesome take that smashy mouth

[quote name="dogfather" post="1061089" timestamp="1316518130"]
[quote author=LR33 link=topic=88071.msg1060477#msg1060477 date=1316441443]
Hats off to you my friend and your team!!! Nederland Black is no Joke!!! BIG,BIG,BIG!!! This was a great Game. This goes to SmashMouth, All my kids are solid in my and there parents eyes!!! And yes we pray because GOD tells us to...
[/quote]
Read my comment he was replying to.  I stated that the Lum White team was not just a product of "Great Coaching" (as someone suggested), but a group of good athletes.  I also stated that Ned Black team was a very good team and without a little prayer involved, Lum White would have lost that game.  So, I don't know where YOUR comment comes from, but get your "stuff" together before you make a stupid comment...Now, take that Doggy Breath.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1061102" timestamp="1316518962"]
[quote author=dogfather link=topic=88071.msg1061089#msg1061089 date=1316518130]
[/quote]
Read my comment he was replying to.  I stated that the Lum White team was not just a product of "Great Coaching" (as someone suggested), but a group of good athletes.  I also stated that Ned Black team was a very good team and without a little prayer involved, Lum White would have lost that game.  So, I don't know where YOUR comment comes from, but get your "stuff" together before you make a stupid comment...Now, take that Doggy Breath.
[/quote]Dude calm down just playin I appreciate the compliments and the the -6 points I think u gave me on the game this week. Actually you are the first to give us any kind of compliment so thanks..

[quote name="dogfather" post="1061264" timestamp="1316534989"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=88071.msg1061102#msg1061102 date=1316518962]
[quote author=dogfather link=topic=88071.msg1061089#msg1061089 date=1316518130]
[/quote]
[/quote]Dude calm down just playin I appreciate the compliments and the the -6 points I think u gave me on the game this week. Actually you are the first to give us any kind of compliment so thanks..
[/quote]
Ohhhh...nevermind. LOL.  Good luck Ned Black!

[quote name="One4All" post="1061049" timestamp="1316493938"]
Still no comparison P.a has more than one league u can play in with 3 different teams..........Png has one team one league ALL Kids play in ......btw you miss counted on number of schools in p.a .......png 1 high school....p.a 1 high school....bmt 3 high schools, public that is !!!!
[/quote]
So I guess the answer is PA has no restrictions then right. Not that it makes a difference here on a messageboard but you have to admit teams that have more kids to draw from have a advantage. If Bmt is limited to (someone please fill in the blank) and that limitation is a say 3,500 kids than why would you say there is no comparison to PA. By the way unless we have high school kids playing on any of the teams I did not include any of those enrollment numbers.

[quote name="Gusher" post="1061392" timestamp="1316546411"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=88071.msg1061049#msg1061049 date=1316493938]
[/quote]
So I guess the answer is PA has no restrictions then right. Not that it makes a difference here on a messageboard but you have to admit teams that have more kids to draw from have a advantage. If Bmt is limited to (someone please fill in the blank) and that limitation is a say 3,500 kids than why would you say there is no comparison to PA. By the way unless we have high school kids playing on any of the teams I did not include any of those enrollment numbers.
[/quote]
Gusher, define what you mean by restrictions.  There are only 30 kids allowed per team, there are age and weight requirements by each class (Flag/Pee Wee/Jr/Sr) as well as other guidelines that must be followed (Draft rules, certification rules, etc...Go STJFL.NET and look up By-laws, etc). PA is not allowed to go to the playoffs, so there involvement this year is restricted only to the kids being allowed to play in the games (which is good).  Please define your question more clearly.

I think what Gusher was asking is this: why is PA allowed to have 9 elementary schools to pull kids from when Beaumont was limited to 5?  Beaumont also only has 2 middle schools to pull from. Also, to whomever made the comment earlier about there being other leagues in PA, Beaumont has a Pop Warner league, the Salvation Army league and the infamous BULLS to compete with. We are certainly not the only game in town. 

[quote name="unbelievable" post="1061611" timestamp="1316562527"]
I think what Gusher was asking is this: why is PA allowed to have 9 elementary schools to pull kids from when Beaumont was limited to 5?  Beaumont also only has 2 middle schools to pull from. Also, to whomever made the comment earlier about there being other leagues in PA, Beaumont has a Pop Warner league, the Salvation Army league and the infamous BULLS to compete with. We are certainly not the only game in town.
[/quote]
Thanks, that's a much clearer statement.  Gusher, consider schools like WOS and Lumberton who have 1 High School, Middle School, Elementary School etc.  Both programs have excellent results at most or all levels.  Beaumont teams are new to STJFL.  They will become well established powerhouses in due time (some may have already arrived).

I agree teams like WOS and Lumberton who only have around 1,000 kids from 1st-8th grade have only about a third of the kids that PA has available, and have done very well over the years. I just find it odd that the STJFL placed restrictions on Bmt. that limited them to XXXX number of kids and not PA. Now if that restricted number for Bmt is the same as  the potential numbers for PA then great. BUT i just don't think that was taken into consideration when PA granted admission to the STJFL. HEY I know that it only takes 20 or so to have a team and if don properly everything works out.

Ok guys I did a little research. I did it by [b]6th graders[/b], who would be [b]senior tackle[/b] because that was easiest to get numbers as close as possible. What I did was get enrollment figures from what campus had a 6th grade and then divided the number of grades by total campus population and came up with the figures. It's not exact, but might show the difference. These numbers are boys and girls. Here it goes:

1. Port Arthur 670  Kids    (3 middle schools)
2. Nederland 544              (CO Wilson, Central)
3. Beaumont 437              (Vincent, Marshall)
4. Vidor 365
5. PNG 338                      (PN MS, Groves MS)
6. Lumberton 302
7. Bridge City 194
8. WOS 177
9. Little Cypress 170
10.Orangefield 135
11. Kountze 104

Now they could let Beaumont have the North End with (Austin MS, MLK, Smith 443 kids) have a team and then the South End (Odom,South Park 387 kids) have a team. That should be done to let everyone play. JMHO

Another thing they could do is let every elementary school have a team. They did this when we lived in Katy. Whatever school you went to that was your team. The team names were the mascots from the school. That was neat. That might divide up the bigger schools to where everyone had an equal amount of kids. Just saying ;D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1062212" timestamp="1316644596"]
Another thing they could do is let every elementary school have a team. They did this when we lived in Katy. Whatever school you went to that was your team. The team names were the mascots from the school. That was neat. That might divide up the bigger schools to where everyone had an equal amount of kids. Just saying ;D
[/quote]Are our elementary schools the same size as Katy area? As far as inrolement per school..This is how they did it in fort worth area I lived there for a while in 5th grade it was pretty cool like that. Nobody ran away with nothing up there...

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1062206" timestamp="1316643587"]
Ok guys I did a little research. I did it by [b]6th graders[/b], who would be [b]senior tackle[/b] because that was easiest to get numbers as close as possible. What I did was get enrollment figures from what campus had a 6th grade and then divided the number of grades by total campus population and came up with the figures. It's not exact, but might show the difference. These numbers are boys and girls. Here it goes:
1. Nederland 544 kids        (CO Wilson, Central)
2. Port Arthur 454            (TJMS,Lincoln MS)
3. Beaumont 437              (Vincent, Marshall)
4. Vidor 365
5. PNG 338                      (PN MS, Groves MS)
6. Lumberton 302
7. Bridge City 194
8. WOS 177
9. Little Cypress 170
10.Orangefield 135
11. Kountze 104

Now they could let Beaumont have the North End with (Austin MS, MLK, Smith 443 kids) have a team and then the South End (Odom,South Park 387 kids) have a team. That should be done to let everyone play. JMHO
[/quote]
It is very hard to get some clear numbers for some of the schools but now way PA has 100 less number of 6th graders than Nederland. I think you may have left out some numbers from their 3 middle school Austin, Edison, Lincoln.

[quote name="gunning for u" post="1062758" timestamp="1316725263"]
Heck seeing those enrollment numbers makes me wonder how wos always has 1 team and everyone on that team just so happens to be good. from flag to seniors. and don't tell me its  just the coaching because it takes the kids as well.
[/quote]
It takes Good Coaching AND good athletes.  WOS has both.  I wouldn't try to read any conspiracy theories into it.  WOS breeds football players...just like Indiana breeds Hoosiers.  WOS will always have a good program from Pee Wee to Varsity as long as they keep the enthusiasm for football in the community...and NO, I am not from WOS.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1062996" timestamp="1316747463"]
I took numbers from school digger, and had to divide overall of the campus. Like I said the numbers may be off a little, but not too much. PAISD numbers continue to decline.
[/quote]
OK I looked at the school digger site and they only list 2 of the 3 middle schools Eddison and Austin listed in PA so I am sure that is why your numbers looked low.
http://www.city-data.com/school/lincoln-middle-school3-tx.html#Attendance09
So it looks like you could add another 218 kids to that list. so maybe around 670 6th graders boys and girls.
Good discussion I like it.

[quote name="Gusher" post="1063400" timestamp="1316800789"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=88071.msg1062996#msg1062996 date=1316747463]
I took numbers from school digger, and had to divide overall of the campus. Like I said the numbers may be off a little, but not too much. PAISD numbers continue to decline.
[/quote]
OK I looked at the school digger site and they only list 2 of the 3 middle schools Eddison and Austin listed in PA so I am sure that is why your numbers looked low.
http://www.city-data.com/school/lincoln-middle-school3-tx.html#Attendance09
So it looks like you could add another 218 kids to that list. so maybe around 670 6th graders boys and girls.
Good discussion I like it.
[/quote]
I changed it. Thanks!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder