Question For Nederland

Guest Pirate V Ball

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 87CRU79

I guess @ 2-8 Forest Brook is a formidable opponent.

Since we are not being sarcastic or anything, I also suppose that you think Brenham is a fairly easy team to beat. I am sure that yall's undefeated 8th graders could give them a challenge, or are they too busy running the table on on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

New year, same crap. We all hear it every year, "Vidor is the darkhorse of the district," or "Vidor WILL make the playoffs." Good job last year sneaking up on Nederland, and I am sure yall will suprise someone else this year. But do me a solid Piratefan, keep your mouth shut until you win more than one district game, please.

Good luck against the school of the deaf and blind, or whoever Matthews scheduled for yalls weak pre-district games.

Vidor "snuck up on" y'all last year? Weird. I must have listened to a different game. The Vidor I heard outplayed Nederland and had more gas in the tank in the end.

Vidor sneaks up on someone every year... even snuck up on WOS back in the day.  Not sure the post you quoted was from a Nederland fan... you referred to the quote as snuck up on ya'll.

"sneak up" ,"snuck up" call it what you want to, but I call it  a win!.

and as far as Mathews goes I will pick him anytime day over Neumann.Neumann is a good coach but so is Mathews.He teaches them kids life lessons through football.

the kids believe in him ,the community does ,and if you arent from here or not a fan I dont give a dang what anyone thinks about Mathews or our program.Especially anyone from Nerdland

Mack Brown told his national championship football team in the locker room just minutes after upsetting USC in 05'.His quote was" dont let this be the biggest thing you do in your life". A win  is great but take this win with you and learn from it, and take it and use it as a life lesson.

I was trying to pay you a compliment... also reminding WOS92 that Vidor has historically "snuck up" on folks... even the Stangs.  Vidor deserved to beat Nederland last year, they outplayed them. 

Not cool, man. There are some subjects you just don't mess around with unless you're getting paid big money as a "shock" comic. Not funny.

Even though I stood up for the pirates a few posts ago, I would - NO JOKE - take most of the kids I've seen compete in the Special Olympics over the schlubs I saw scrimmage WO-S two weeks ago. Those SO kids have more heart than anyone on your team. Back off.

Guest 87CRU79

Or maybe I earned the ring in college, playing football for the 2006 ASC Conference Champions. I happen to know a little about football. I think making All-Region in high school and getting to play for a successful program in college (3 Conference championships in 4 years, and 2005 National Runner-Up in Divison 3) constitutes me having at least a basic knowledge of the game. But I suppose you people from Vidor don't know much about having success. I guess you can say that I am the PATitan equivalent to Vidor in some cases. Truthfully, I have met some very nice people from yall's town, but yall's players, while on the field, show no class. I remember playing yall in high school, we would be winning some 28-0 in the first quarter (Yes, I am referring back when Nederland posted some astronomncal amount of points in the first quarter on Vidor in 04), and your players would still be talking smack. Oh, and how about the beloved Vidor nation, shouting all types of snide remarks at us while we would be walking onto the field. Say all you want about the pride of Vidor, but I am sorry, I will never buy into it.

I think making All-Region in high school and getting to play for a successful program in college (3 Conference championships in 4 years, and 2005 National Runner-Up in Divison 3) constitutes me having at least a basic knowledge of the game. But I suppose you people from Vidor don't know much about having success. I guess you can say that I am the PATitan equivalent to Vidor in some cases. Truthfully, I have met some very nice people from yall's town, but yall's players, while on the field, show no class. I remember playing yall in high school, we would be winning some 28-0 in the first quarter (Yes, I am referring back when Nederland posted some astronomncal amount of points in the first quarter on Vidor in 04), and your players would still be talking smack.

Waitwaitwait...

This makes it sound like you were a part of the college's success over those four great years. But you just said you played HS in 04. Am I misreading?

Guest 87CRU79

I don't think that you misread WOS,

One person is definatley not the reason a program experiences success.

I was an O-Lineman, playing for a college that had been having success before I began my stint there. My point being, I played for a successful team in high school (Nederland, 11 consecutive years of playoffs, etc.) and in college (UMHB, 2006 ASC Champs). In that time I have acquired tons of knowledge about the game of football, contrary to whatever those Vidorians believe.

"sneak up" ,"snuck up" call it what you want to, but I call it  a win!.

and as far as Mathews goes I will pick him anytime day over Neumann.Neumann is a good coach but so is Mathews.He teaches them kids life lessons through football.

the kids believe in him ,the community does ,and if you arent from here or not a fan I dont give a dang what anyone thinks about Mathews or our program.Especially anyone from Nerdland

Mack Brown told his national championship football team in the locker room just minutes after upsetting USC in 05'.His quote was" dont let this be the biggest thing you do in your life". A win  is great but take this win with you and learn from it, and take it and use it as a life lesson.

Yeah except that was the only win you talked about.  Too bad you superbowl didn't get you anywhere.

' "In that time I have acquired tons of knowledge about the game of football, contrary to whatever those Vidorians believe." '

I am so glad you know so much about the game of football RING.  What you have failed to learn through your career is respecting us Vidorians.  You took one persons comment and turned it into how the whole town believes. 

Vidor is sick of all the ccomments and gestures everyone deals.  I realize there are comments made from certain peoples over here, but it doesn't mean the whole town shares the same ideas.

Sometimes you need to post privately to the person you want to make the comment instead of making it public knowledge.

Pirate fans I take your complements of our coaching staff  with great thanks. Some people in Nederland like to rile Vidor up. Don't buy into it though. Vidor played mad last year against us. You guys outplayed us last year with pure intensity and determination. This is a new year and may the best team win.

I don't think that you misread WOS,

One person is definatley not the reason a program experiences success.

I was an O-Lineman, playing for a college that had been having success before I began my stint there. My point being, I played for a successful team in high school (Nederland, 11 consecutive years of playoffs, etc.) and in college (UMHB, 2006 ASC Champs). In that time I have acquired tons of knowledge about the game of football, contrary to whatever those Vidorians believe.

Is that the University of Mary Hardin Baylor? I thought that was an all girls school just wonderin? ???

Guest 87CRU79

Is that the University of Mary Hardin Baylor? I thought that was an all girls school just wonderin? ???

Mary Hardin-Baylor WAS an all girl school up until the late 70's, and began a football program in the late 90's. Since then, UMHB has won 3 of the last 4 ASC Conference Championships, hence "The Ring", the National Runner-Ups in 04, and are currently ranked #2 in the nation.

I don't hate people from Vidor, I just find it hard to believe that yall think that your football team is full of character. I remember every time we played Vidor starting in 7th grade our coaches would warn us to look out for cheap shots and they would also tell us to not pay any attention to what they said after the play. The Vidor Pirates that I played against were not a team of character, but were a team of poor sportsmanship.

Mary Hardin-Baylor WAS an all girl school up until the late 70's, and began a football program in the late 90's. Since then, UMHB has won 3 of the last 4 ASC Conference Championships, hence "The Ring", the National Runner-Ups in 04, and are currently ranked #2 in the nation.

I don't hate people from Vidor, I just find it hard to believe that yall think that your football team is full of character. I remember every time we played Vidor starting in 7th grade our coaches would warn us to look out for cheap shots and they would also tell us to not pay any attention to what they said after the play. The Vidor Pirates that I played against were not a team of character, but were a team of poor sportsmanship.

I find it hard to believe that YA'LL think football was founded in Nederland Texas. I believe that vidor has more class than alot of schools. As for cheap shots thats football ALL teams have there moments " IF" you were ever a football player than you know what im talking about I guess you never gave a cheap shot or talked smack and if you didnt you Didnt play football!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont