Rosenberg Terry vs. Baytown Lee Game Thread/Terry wins

WOSgrad

[quote name="joebob" post="1056330" timestamp="1315953042"]
wait terry ran the option? ....they just shut down sterling two weeks ago running it lol
[/quote]

Terry runs the veer which is different than the flex bone. Also,Terry is way better than sterling. Their win over La Marque proves that.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1053035" timestamp="1315613966"]
Lees corners honestly look like they have ne'er been taught any kinda technique at all
[b]They turn their back and start running when the ball s snapPed [/b]even though they are 10 yards off the Los
21-7 two minutes in first
[/quote]
Cant be that bad  ???

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1056452" timestamp="1315962083"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=88003.msg1053035#msg1053035 date=1315613966]
Lees corners honestly look like they have ne'er been taught any kinda technique at all
[b]They turn their back and start running when the ball s snapPed [/b]even though they are 10 yards off the Los
21-7 two minutes in first
[/quote]
Cant be that bad  ???
[/quote]
it is Bronx. Its like the coaches are scared to let the CBs play man. 3 and 6+ Lee is going to play zone every time. Every time Lee gives up a first down. 

It's hard to describe just how poorly coached they are.
The corners have absolutely no idea how to play corner.  Terry would run a simple 8 yard out and every time the Lee corners would turn their back and start running and get turned around and be about 15 yards away by the time Terry receiver caught the ball.

I've never understood the Lee bend and break defense they utilize the last few years.  They are so bad that it usually takes only 6 plays to go 80 yards.  Why play the base defense so much.  Play a little man to man, try to blitz, shake something up, do anything, actually coach the team and make some calls.  Just as soon have them go 80 yards in 3 plays.  But maybe you get a sack, maybe with 3 men in his face, the qb makes a mistake, maybe a fumble, who knows....certainly not a Lee fan because they haven't called a defense all year.  It feels like a game of Madden where they found one good defense, and just call it every time.  Except the good adjective does not apply here.

Terry's guys would be right up on Lee's receivers, it led to an interception on the first drive.  And Lee's receivers are better than Terry's(outside of maybe Griffin for Terry, and I still believe Richardson is better).  Obviously Terry's corners are better because they have a semblance of an idea of what needs to be done to cover a receiver.  Technique I believe it is called.  Lee doesn't believe in it.

I can only imagine they got the resumes and interviews mixed up and thought this coach was interviewing for a junior high job or something.  You can tell he doesn't have enough football knowledge to bestow upon the kids to make them reach their potential.  Maybe he gives a great interview. 

Luckily Terry's quarterback was not very fast.  If he was, then he would have had 400 yards rushing.  He had huge lanes to run through, but Lee was much faster than him and caught him after 10 yards usually.  Lee had no idea how to stop the veer.  They did not understand what their assignment was from play to play.  There would be multiple guys tackling the fullback without the ball on one play, then those same three guys would all get the qb on the next play even though he had just handed to the fullback.  Again, assignment football, Lee does not believe in it.

It is painful to watch.  Goose Creek obviously made a disastrous hire with this guy.  He is in way, way over his head at the varsity high school level.  Lee could actually still make the playoffs, because they are more athletically gifted than most teams they will play.  They certainly won't win anything based on scheme or execution though.

They remind me of a poor man's Port Arthur Memorial when they had that string of poor coaches.  PAM had even better athletes than Lee, but they all just looked like chickens with their heads cut off running around out there.  No idea of what actions to take to create positive plays to eventually win football games.  Lee is in even worse shape though.  They play just as poorly as those teams, yet don't have near the depth of athletes across the board.

It is going to get much, much worse as a Lee fan.
This year they have better athletes than most teams they play, but from the looks of the freshman teams the past few years, that is about to come to an abrupt end.

I think I will follow the games from home the rest of this year.  Too much gas money wasted to watch such a poorly coached team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83