Guest octfeb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1051535" timestamp="1315430606"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=87802.msg1051519#msg1051519 date=1315429449]
This thread has no merit in our neighborhoods or fb games.You got my vote to delete this thread.
[/quote]

I'm With you Tex.....Totally... Why go digging up Bones..? ;)
[/quote]

But then again--this thread is a good example for all us as a reminder of where we have been, where we are today, and where we need to be.  My vote is to leave it up. 

[quote name="YoungCoug21" post="1051495" timestamp="1315427797"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=87802.msg1051379#msg1051379 date=1315419124]
Christian, Pirate, Texan, American. In that order (except for maybe the Pirate part). That's what Dr. King preached (the content of a man's heart) and not some kinda hyphenated American. Period. Coug21, people like you make me sick to my stomach; racism dies when we all stop being racist and calling out people for past history they didn't participate in, etc. That's a cheap shot and one of the reasons I quit posting a few years back. YOU ARE THE RACIST.
[/quote]I am the racist... hmm i seriously doubt that one, you have no clue what race i am or what i have been through, seen, or if i have had any experiences in whatever town recently, so before you claim that your town has changed, take a walk in the other man's shoes, when i stepped out of my vehicle last week in vidor nobody yelled racial slurs or threatened me... you're right that changed, but the cold looks and stares from the majority of the people you pass there still give you the impression that you aren't welcome. I hope what VPirate says he would do is true, but you cant speak for the rest of your town as a whole... seeing as everybody believes different. As I said earlier these people got angry over something little and it shouldnt have made the news regarding racism unless its the act was clear racism, or one of the towns involved has a history of racism. Dont get mad bro, its just an opinion. ツ

[/quote]Vidor sits on IH-10, just east of Beaumont.  Due to Vidor sitting on IH-10, they see 1000’s, that’s right 1000’s of black people coming into Vidor, daily.  Black people eat, shop and work; they even have black people that live in Vidor.  For the 1000’s of black people that come into Vidor daily, that’s quite a bit of “Cold looks and stares.” , Hmmmm, I doubt it. 

[quote name="baddog" post="1051504" timestamp="1315428678"]
Wow Coog, I hope your signature doesn't offend some of the more sensitive Cougars out there.  ;D

I think this whole thread about this situation is hogwash. People need to learn to laugh at themselves and quit taking situations and running with them.
[/quote]I know right... i wouldnt want to get kicked off campus!  ;)

Racism lives today simply because some won't let it die. Racism is a "learned" concept, and therefore must be taught by someone. Small children may realize people are a different color but that is not racism. Their attitudes reflect what they have learned from their parents. The apple does not fall far from the tree. This applies to blacks and whites, BOTH races must let it die. Will this happen, probably not. But as for me and my house, racism is DEAD.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1051017" timestamp="1315359419"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=87802.msg1051010#msg1051010 date=1315358623]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=87802.msg1051002#msg1051002 date=1315357998]
To be honest I have as many black friends as I have white friends and we are all "bro". Racism is a well documented part of history, however, we can never move forward if we keep looking backwards.
[/quote]
Absolutely correct, good post.
[/quote]

Gave you some karma even though your name is steelerCzy. LOL!!!!! Come on Man!!!!!!
[/quote]
I hit ya back with some good karma, thks. Black and Gold baby since 1974.

All these threads are good for is for some posters to display their oratory and penmanship and try to outdo the other man..While half of them who post the fence straddling post don't even believe what they are posting themselves..It's kinda like wiping your tail with a wagon wheel,They ain't no end to it.... ;D ;D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1051608" timestamp="1315437496"]
All these threads are good for is for some posters to display their oratory and penmanship and try to outdo the other man..While half of them who post the fence straddling post don't even believe what they are posting themselves..It's kinda like wiping your tail with a wagon wheel,They ain't no end to it.... ;D ;D
[/quote]
(Crickets).......(more crickets)...never met anyone that whipped with a wagon wheel.... ???

jk... ;D

Just a thought i know in baseball Vidor is probably the one team by far that has the most sportsmenship in 20-4A. Now Livingston had one African American and one hispanic on the team and no signs of racism were shown towards either of them. I think Vidor has came along way with their reputation as a racist town.

Also on a lighter note look how big "YOU MAD" were wrote just to stay with the same font says they had to use BRO lol I honestly think it was bad sportsmanship rather then racism but that my own personal opinon.

It's unbelievable how small of an issue can be blown out of proportion like this.

If racism were dead then the NAACP and the like would no longer have a place.  That's why they look high and low for any minute thing that can possibly be mis-represented as racism.
Of course this wasn't racist.  You would have to be an idiot to think this had a shred of racism in it any where.  No sane person would even hint at it.
If an alien came down and witnessed this sort of thing, they would immediately blow up the planet for being a lost cause. 

Unfortunately there are people that make their living on fighting racism, so they must invent said racism to fight.

It's like those stories you hear about the Japanese soldiers that were still fighting WW2 decades after the war was over.
Come on out boys and smell the fresh air.  It smells good out here. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami