(2-0) Dawson Eagles vs. (1-1) Crosby Coogs... Predictions?

songone

[quote name="HubTx" post="1050766" timestamp="1315338753"]
Who has Dawson beat this season? Crosby will have a lot of eyes on them after beating PNG last week....
[/quote]

Dawson has beaten 2 -5A (Clear Springs and Conroe Oak Ridge)schools by a combined score of 86-34! They will be a very tough team to beat! I didn't think Crosby would beat PNG and was proven wrong, but again I have to go with Dawson in this game by 21

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1051145" timestamp="1315376057"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=87799.msg1050766#msg1050766 date=1315338753]
Who has Dawson beat this season? Crosby will have a lot of eyes on them after beating PNG last week....
[/quote]

Dawson might have the most physical line in 4a, our lines will be challanged... i'll wait on a prediction.

[/quote]Yep!  Dawson defense has always been good & fast now w/ the offense behind that huge line... They'll be rematching w/ Lake Travis in the Semi-Finals!!  They are something serious!! 

[quote name="songone" post="1051351" timestamp="1315416895"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=87799.msg1051145#msg1051145 date=1315376057]
[/quote]

Dawson might have the most physical line in 4a, our lines will be challanged... i'll wait on a prediction.

[/quote]Yep!  Dawson defense has always been good & fast now w/ the offense behind that huge line... They'll be rematching w/ Lake Travis in the Semi-Finals!!  They are something serious!!
[/quote]

So when we beat them we should be top 10 in state right? =p

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1051777" timestamp="1315465178"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=87799.msg1051351#msg1051351 date=1315416895]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So when we beat them we should be top 10 in state right? =p
[/quote] Nah! if your like Dayton you will probably move down and move up during the bye week !  :D

[quote name="songone" post="1051351" timestamp="1315416895"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I wouldn't be so quick to think so far ahead. Dawson & Manvel are big schools in 24-4A and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the region 3 finals squaring off for the second time this year? Overall Manvel is a bit better but not by a lot and the one HUGE problems both of these teams have is that they are undisciplined and commit personal fouls, late hits...etc. Even when they are leading in games! As for the game tonight vs Crosby, it's not even gonna be close...Dawson by a few TD's. [/b][/color]

I feel, IMO, only my opinion, that PNG has been a little overrated for the last couple of years.  With that being said, they are on the right track to getting back to that dominant stature of the old days.  PNG just doesn't strike any type of fear into opposing clubs like they used to.  I figured Crosby would give them a run for their money but never thought Crosby would beat them.  Neither team is at the level of Dawson right now.  Dawson shouldn't have any problems getting past Crosby in week 3.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1052667" timestamp="1315587022"]
I feel, IMO, only my opinion, that PNG has been a little overrated for the last couple of years.  With that being said, they are on the right track to getting back to that dominant stature of the old days.  PNG just doesn't strike any type of fear into opposing clubs like they used to.  I figured Crosby would give them a run for their money but never thought Crosby would beat them.  Neither team is at the level of Dawson right now.  Dawson shouldn't have any problems getting past Crosby in week 3.
[/quote]

I think Dawson my be drinking their own coolaid, the Cougs will score, if the defense can force some turnovers early the cougs can win this one. Think Dayton 2 years ago give the cougs early confidence and that defense will settle in and play well.

2 predictions.

1) shortest game of the year for the cougars will be 2 great running teams going at it.
2) Cougs win this one by 2 points game in the 20's range.

I just don't know if Dawson can score that many times with the ball starting on the 20 every single time.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1052794" timestamp="1315594548"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=87799.msg1052667#msg1052667 date=1315587022]
[/quote]

I think Dawson my be drinking their own coolaid, the Cougs will score, if the defense can force some turnovers early the cougs can win this one. Think Dayton 2 years ago give the cougs early confidence and that defense will settle in and play well.

2 predictions.

1) shortest game of the year for the cougars will be 2 great running teams going at it.

I just don't know if Dawson can score that many times with the ball starting on the 20 every single time.
[/quote]
Would definetely be a good win for Crosby.  Just think Dawson's size and athleticism will be to much.  Good luck to the Coogs.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1052794" timestamp="1315594548"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=87799.msg1052667#msg1052667 date=1315587022]
[/quote]

2 predictions.

[/quote]  They can! Believe me... Should be a good one if Crosby ready.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa