How good is Elkins?

I heard Elkins being questioned on the preview show, so here's something that might help sort this out.....

Elkins just played Dayton, and the Broncos pulled off a one point win.  This weekend, Elkins will play Houston Lamar, who plays Brenham in 2 weeks.  I figure after those games, you'll be able to tell how big the Dayton win over Elkins truly is.  Just my opinion, but I found it interesting.

They were 2011 Vype Hstn.area top 20 team-Last year Elkins led Hou Lamar 7-5 @half,Elkins led again late 4th until a 9 yd pass w/4 sec.left to play and Lamar wins 26-22  Elkins weeks later k/o Hightower 45-33 and lost in bi-dist to Dickinson.2011 returning 40 seniors w/sev.D1 recruits 8)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1045837" timestamp="1314846171"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=87514.msg1045834#msg1045834 date=1314845829]
Hstn.media callin the Elkins loss unexceptable ;D
[/quote]

Them losing isn't unacceptable.  Them blowing that lead, is unacceptable, no matter who they were playing.
[/quote] What ever the outcome against Lamar ( who is Lamar are they 5 or 4a )  Elkins  is very good in my opinion Elkins was better than last year . Dayton made a statement that will resonate through to the post season that we are very fromniable who ever we face Lamarge , Brenhem ect ....  Dayton is a very dangeous team no doubt about it !( Wait until are running backs return) ~~ priceless~~

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1045863" timestamp="1314850765"]
Lamar is an above average 5A school.  IMO, they are HISD's only legit team.
Enrollment: 2,995

There last 2 seasons:
Lamar 2010- 9-1 in the regular season.
Lamar 2009- 9-1 in the regular season.               
[/quote] Insight : Elkinks punked Dayton first half ! High fives, belly fives the whole works from their vantage point this game was a done deal period! Dayton being Dayton in the second half bittch slap them and the rest is history ( If I would of not seen it with own my eyes  I wouldn't of believed it ) I think the Broncos are a very special team this year and we haven't  even reach are potential yet !

Well we are a couple of years removed from that district to the East. The 2 year spanking([size=6pt]excluding that one little mishap in Lumberton)[/size] they took at the hands of the Broncos is no longer fresh on there minds. I wouldn't expect them to like us, but at least they should respect us.

Elkins was big and fast, Dayton traditionally starts a little slow but I believe facing these 5A schools early on is changing that. I am not sure how good Elkins will be this year but, I imagine they will fair well once their conditioning matches their talent level.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1045970" timestamp="1314887912"]
elkins looked like a 4A playoff team that would make it to the second round (maybe the third).
They didn't look like a 5A powerhouse, but they did have  speed, size, and depth.
[/quote]

In the first half they looked like they were gonna beat the crap out of us and by the middle of the 3q they looked like they were out of gas. They lost the lead because we played at the same pace as the first half along with adjustments. Again, only time will tell how good they are but conditioning is going to help them as the season goes on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami