Coldspring vs Kirbyville

T-Dawd

Underclassmen dont know and dont show their abilities until a few games under their belt. (When they know how good they are.) Being a Trojan fan, I'm glad we are playing a Kirbyville team that is a bit green. I would not want to play them right before district. Almost had a heart attack in the freezing cold last year.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1039993" timestamp="1314159722"]
Underclassmen dont know and dont show their abilities until a few games under their belt. (When they know how good they are.) Being a Trojan fan, I'm glad we are playing a Kirbyville team that is a bit green. I would not want to play them right before district. Almost had a heart attack in the freezing cold last year.
[/quote]

LOL...yeah i have to give yall heads up in this round. I'll say Coldspring by a couple scores.

I just don't want to see the Cat's quit. Play your game, take your licks and give some in return. I hate to see any team hang their heads on the sidelines. The only thing worse is when fans do it. It's tough starting out playing a tough team but it can be a valuable lesson for our young team win or lose. We have some real talent they just need some experience and confidence. 

[quote name="kville68" post="1040142" timestamp="1314201264"]
I just don't want to see the Cat's quit. Play your game, take your licks and give some in return. I hate to see any team hang their heads on the sidelines. The only thing worse is when fans do it. It's tough starting out playing a tough team but it can be a valuable lesson for our young team win or lose. We have some real talent they just need some experience and confidence.
[/quote]

Most every school goes through what Kirbyville is going through... Just give it time and things will change..If your'e a Wildcat fan you should know this..We been there before, it's up to the Coaches and the Kid's working together to work through it, if it don't come this year Next year is a page un-turned and it's up to the Kids and Coaches what they write on that page... Keep your head up Wildcat's..Lot of Football left to play.... ;)

Just because I am saying we are having a down year (and they are) dont mean I dont expect alot out of them come Friday nights.  For the past three years we have had alot of talent and been under the spot light.  They have been expected to do well.  Although it has been nice and well deserved by the kids that worked hard to get to that point that is not what I know and consider Kirbyville football.  Kirbyville football is exactly where they are right now, young, inexperienced, small, not many kids and not expected to do well.  That is until the whistle blows.  Kville football is not always about winning but outplaying your opponent.  What record do i expect after the next 6 pre-districts games?  1-5 maybe 0-6? dont matter, but as long as after every game their opponent walks off the field knowing that they have just been outplayed, and hit by a team that was supposed to be smaller, inexperienced, and not very good!  Who cares what the score is?  Guys your not going to be as good as the teams from the past 3 years.  Stop trying to play like your expected too and start playing like no one expects you too again! 

Life, like football, is a game of inches.  An inch can make the difference between victory or defeat. And if Kirbyville want to succeed in football or life, you have to fight for every inch. Never take anything for granted. Always keep fighting, even when everything seems stacked against you.

I'm not disagreeing with ryker, but tradition sometimes is definitely built on expectations. The tradition at Newton is to play hard and to win, no matter who you play. This of course does not always happen. But when kids grow up watching their kin folks, neighbors, or people they look up to play hard AND win, it breeds an atmosphere of not wanting to lose and playing hard to make sure that don't happen. I think all the glory of winning is great, but the shadow of losing is what drives the tradition at Newton. So line up Kirbyville and bang heads with the burning desire to do what ever it takes to win. No excuses. Get after Cold-Springs.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1040237" timestamp="1314220636"]
Just because I am saying we are having a down year (and they are) dont mean I dont expect alot out of them come Friday nights.  For the past three years we have had alot of talent and been under the spot light.  They have been expected to do well.  Although it has been nice and well deserved by the kids that worked hard to get to that point that is not what I know and consider Kirbyville football.  Kirbyville football is exactly where they are right now, young, inexperienced, small, not many kids and not expected to do well.  That is until the whistle blows.  Kville football is not always about winning but outplaying your opponent.  What record do i expect after the next 6 pre-districts games?  1-5 maybe 0-6? dont matter, but as long as after every game their opponent walks off the field knowing that they have just been outplayed, and hit by a team that was supposed to be smaller, inexperienced, and not very good!  Who cares what the score is?  Guys your not going to be as good as the teams from the past 3 years.  Stop trying to play like your expected too and start playing like no one expects you too again!
[/quote]
Well said very well said

After watching last years Kirbyville squad play Coldspring twice I've got alot of respect for Kirbyville...Kirbyville was easily the second best team Coldspring played last year...

I know they're probably a much different team from last year starting with the head coach, however, I expect Kirbyville to still come out swinging (especially since they're playing at home against the team who put them out of playoffs last year)....

I think Coldspring should have the upper hand due to continuity of coaching staff as well as some of their best players returning....I'm interested to see how Coldspring's new oline performs and how the running game (without Cummings) looks with a couple new backs joining Gilbert...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124