Goose Creek Memorial @ LCM

Can only hope the best for LCM this season. I know they've lost there two biggest offensive producers from last season. With that said, I do belive their defense has gotten better, and they will do well enough to make a run at the playoffs. LCM 17 GCM 14. Hopefully a good game.

[quote name="cbear4" post="1039883" timestamp="1314136626"]
GCM may suprise some people this year. Loaded with talent and plenty of speed! Let's see what kind of team shows up.
Go Patriots!
GCM 24
LCM 14
[/quote]Might have speed but not enough of it;) well at least not enough for Sezar (#21)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
LCM - 28
GCM - 24

Look for Alex Cezar to have one heck of a game. GCM may have speed but IMO there are only a handful or people who can catch Cezar. I mean State track and field his freshman year speaks for itself.

Sezar seems pretty fast.  GCM has a couple of guys that ran similar times to him at the district meets.
Sezar ran an 11.30 to get second at district, while GCM had a couple of guys run 11.20 and 11.19 in their district preliminaries.
These are all FAT.
Sezar went on to post better wind-aided times at regionals and state.
Those guys may have graduated from GCM though, so I can't tell you one way or the other.
The sub 11 times that Sezar put up at regionals and state are definitely good for a freshman in 4A.

None of the guys have graduated and I do not put stock in people hoping that one player will get them over the hump. Three guys have posted sub 4.5- 40's with GCM but if they cannot get into space, they will not be succesful. Looking forward to seeing the LCM Soph though. GCM returns 18 starters and this experience will help.

I would say that the first series that they were handled pretty well and adjusted to what Nederland was doing. Secondary was caught out of position on some play action. I still give Nederland the edge when we play them until we can prove we can compete on Friday night.

GCM has not played their starting TB in a scrimmage but he is cleared to play this Friday. He had a laceration to his hand in the first week of practice. We hope to have a starting tackle back as well. Last year we had major O-line problems, especially early in the year. That seems to be a lot better this year with all but one starter returning.

We are very deep at RB this year and Lumberton could not deal with the speed as we broke off several long runs for scores. We have a two power guys, one with speed and additional two RB's with great speed. I still believe we are playing the wrong QB but I what do I know.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Panther087" post="1040079" timestamp="1314195941"]
Didn't GCM get handled pretty well by Ned in a scrimmage?
[/quote]

Subject to opinion. GCM moved the ball pretty well, but did not finish. I have heard they looked much better against Lumberton. That's what you want to happen from scrimmage 1 to scrimmage 2.

Cbear- Do you believe  GCM has more team speed or quickness than WOS or Silsbee? I am not saying they don't, but if they do they are one of the fastest teams in the State! I am not saying LCM is going to win or lose, just saying they have seen plenty of speed in those two teams and have handled it well. And it is not like district 20-4a is void of speed!

I am not going to get into an argument about team speed here. You are talking about two good 3A schools but they are still 3A. Do you really think that the schools you are familiar with are the only ones with speed? Fastest in the state? Come on! PAM, Northshore, Pearland, LaMarque, Dayton to name a few. They have speed. Get out of your area and get real. You probably cannot name any members from our team and I cannot name but a few on yours but I know I must be a whole lot more familiar with LCM that you are with us. Our speed or lack of, will not be what kills us, it will be whether we execute or not.
Like I said before, we have speed with at RB, LB, WR etc. Does that mean we are going to be good? I hope to answer that starting Friday night. Eighteen starters coming back will help. You guys benefited from good experienced players returning last year and still missed the playoffs by a hair. I look forward to seeing Sezar but I look forward to seeing how well our speed does at more than one position.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1040184" timestamp="1314215015"]
I am picking GCM in this one because they do have a lot of returning starters. They also play hard each night.  A lot of people pick LCM just because they are a local name.  Fact is they are a slightly improved Orangefield. 
[/quote]

goose creek graduated an entire d line save a returning junior, everybody but one DB, a LB is returning, and pretty sure the o line is gone as well. correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not alot of returnees. they do bring back a good HB, and QB as well as TE. all solid players. and as for LCM being an improved orangefield; really? let's see how they fare against district rivals WOS and Silsbee compared to LCM. you can't even make that comparison.

[quote name="bearfan14" post="1040296" timestamp="1314227756"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=87003.msg1040184#msg1040184 date=1314215015]
I am picking GCM in this one because they do have a lot of returning starters. They also play hard each night.  A lot of people pick LCM just because they are a local name.  Fact is they are a slightly improved Orangefield. 
[/quote]

goose creek graduated an entire d line save a returning junior, everybody but one DB, a LB is returning, and pretty sure the o line is gone as well. correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not alot of returnees. they do bring back a good HB, and QB as well as TE. all solid players. and as for LCM being an improved orangefield; really? let's see how they fare against district rivals WOS and Silsbee compared to LCM. you can't even make that comparison.
[/quote]

GCM graduated one O-Line starter besides the one that was injured and did not play much of the year least year. One of the D-Line starters was the Sr. O-Lineman that graduated. We did lose two additional D-Lineman a LB and one DB so this should be correct. We ran a 3-4 defense so we did not have that many starting. We had a very young team last year and most are returning.You must have looked up the info after my last post. Does not make you familiar with our team. Buckle up! I can name 18 players who made at least one start last season. 17 started just about every game. THIS MAKES FOR A LOT OF RETURNEES IN MY BOOK! BUCKLE UP!

Seriously, good luck. I expect us to be much stronger than last year. Obviously, people had us picked to overachieve last year and we all know how that turned out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami