Jackets 'Underdogs' To Nederland

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

GP is not the underdog but their coach sure wants to sell it that way. It is just smart coaching to get his team pumped and maybe get the other team overconfident.

It is the opposite of what is normally called bulletin board material. The opposing coach comes in groveling to make it look like his team doesn't even belong. Smart move but GP is not the underdog.

That's why I have high regard for Coach Z and the rest of his staff. He is in a inner city school making a huge difference in many mens lives. I saw them last year in the spring and was impressed with their talent along with great character. GO JACKETS :lol:

I wouldn't consider GP an inner city school by any stretch. Just started winning a couple of years ago when an assistant from Northshore took the job. What I find strange is how in a ISD as small as GP(area) can you have 1 schoo with 1800 kids and the other with damn near 3600. Talk about a lopsided student assignment plan....

GP is not the underdog but their coach sure wants to sell it that way. It is just smart coaching to get his team pumped and maybe get the other team overconfident.

It is the opposite of what is normally called bulletin board material. The opposing coach comes in groveling to make it look like his team doesn't even belong. Smart move but GP is not the underdog.

It is the opposite of what is normally called bulletin board material.

good one tvc - I like that :lol: !

I wouldn't consider GP an inner city school by any stretch. Just started winning a couple of years ago when an assistant from Northshore took the job. What I find strange is how in a ISD as small as GP(area) can you have 1 schoo with 1800 kids and the other with dang near 3600. Talk about a lopsided student assignment plan....

What I find strange is how in a ISD as small as GP(area) can you have 1 schoo with 1800 kids and the other with dang near 3600.

Me too - very strange :? .

Just good to see GP doing well living in the shadows of NS. School has alot of history and pride in all their programs. Have some very nice facilites and you should see their weight room. :shock:

From the moment I read the headline, I had the same reaction as tvc184. It's a mental check for the Bulldogs to get them overconfident. Neumann is too smart for this type of head game. He will have his players ready and fired up because there are no second chances in the playoffs and you take no prisoners.

:shock: so what are you saying now, the 3rd place team in 22-4a is the underdog to the 3rd place team in 21-4a? :roll:

:shock: so what are you saying now' date=' the 3rd place team in 22-4a is the underdog to the 3rd place team in 21-4a? :roll:[/quote']

An 8-2 team should be considered the favorite over a 5-5 team, even though our records put both of us at 3rd in our respective districts.

I hate to spoil Nederland's party' date=' [b']but if you take GP lightly your not going to like the result. They have a very efective offense and despite having trouble defensively, may just very well outscore you.

I say GP by 1 TD.

Have you looked back at the Nederland posts from this thread? We have all said that we are the underdog not GP. That underdog roll is just a word game by a smart coach. He doesn't want to give Nederland any incentive and maybe make them overconfident. In any case, it doesn't matter what the fans on this site believe, it is what the players think when they take the field. I don't think the Bulldog players are hitting the field Saturday night thinking that they are the favorites against an 8-2 team from any district.

Guest ECBucFan

Thats exactly right! Its totally evident what he is doing. Reminds me of Lou Holtz when he was at Notre Dame. He used to go on TV, with fake tears in his eyes, all worked up and crying that ND really had no chance vs. 0-9 Navy (or whatever). That all worked until one day a reporter with the mike still on, wandered up near the ND huddle and Holtz was trashing his next opponent, telling his team they were gonna totally smear the bums on Sat. BUNCH OF MIND GAMES! Don't fall for it Ned! Good luck Dogs!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa