Chronicle HS Football Tour: 19-4A

Delasbour/Fowler were on the 2008 team as freshmen so lots of exp.in skill positions.FNF mag has King nailing down the 3rd spot.Chron sportswriters have not attended a Dayt.game since we beat Texas City bad a few yrs.ago and that was Brandon Williams.Now who dat gonna say I got that oldtimers memory loss.Wonder if that RB Brandon Williams was his son?

Guest octfeb
[quote name="liltex" post="1033229" timestamp="1312989310"]
Delasbour/Fowler were on the 2008 team as freshmen so lots of exp.in skill positions.FNF mag has King nailing down the 3rd spot.Chron sportswriters have not attended a Dayt.game since we beat Texas City bad a few yrs.ago and that was Brandon Williams.Now who dat gonna say I got that oldtimers memory loss.Wonder if that RB Brandon Williams was his son?
[/quote] Chron was at the game against Crosby last year.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="liltex" post="1033239" timestamp="1312991468"]
Dayton w/4 off.all dist & the off.mvp returning-Defense 3 all dist returning.Agree Richardson(lee)a all dist pick is a great player.We'll have to see if they're crappy like you say ;) 8) ::)
[/quote]
Lee's numbers are down and they just do not have the horses in the trenches. They have some above average skill players, but this is no longer 7 on 7.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1033235" timestamp="1312989856"]
Didn't even list Richardson from Lee as players to watch.......possibly the best athlete in the district......just on a crappy team.
[/quote]

On the 17-A article, they didn't list Tim Cole as a top player.   ::) (He's a 4 star recruit listed as the #17 OLB in the nation, according to scout.com.)  The chronicle misses a lot of stuff.

*Notice, they said the Dayton vs BH game is gonna be for the district championship.

Crappy was a bad choice of words.....I would agree with UHCoog......numbers are down and the line is thin as I recall......good skill players tho. I do not know what they have to keep every team from doubling Richardson and forcing them to beat them another way.

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1033658" timestamp="1313068522"]
The Chron talks about the loss of Merka. Well I have news Crosby has alot of GREAT players to fill his role. So don't count out Crosby just yet.

What is a YET? I was watching the news the other day & the news said a lady had been shot & the bullet was still stuck in her yet.  :D :D
[/quote]

What's the last names of the twins? they're soph. right?

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1033658" timestamp="1313068522"]
The Chron talks about the loss of Merka. Well I have news Crosby has alot of GREAT players to fill his role. So don't count out Crosby just yet.

What is a YET? I was watching the news the other day & the news said[b] a lady had been shot & the bullet was still stuck in her yet[/b].  :D :D
[/quote]

Classic Justin Wilson!

[quote name="UHCoog14" post="1033249" timestamp="1312992276"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=86497.msg1033239#msg1033239 date=1312991468]
Dayton w/4 off.all dist & the off.mvp returning-Defense 3 all dist returning.Agree Richardson(lee)a all dist pick is a great player.We'll have to see if they're crappy like you say ;) 8) ::)
[/quote]
Lee's numbers are down and they just do not have the horses in the trenches. They have some above average skill players, but this is no longer 7 on 7.
[/quote]

Lee has better skill position talent than anyone in this district.
Whether that wins them any games, we will see.

You're right, they don't have much in the trenches.  Or at linebacker.
They had a really, really bad year last year and still nearly won district in track. 
They have more speed and athleticism than anyone else in this district at the skill positions

Again, that doesn't mean they will win a single game.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1034069" timestamp="1313119301"]
[quote author=UHCoog14 link=topic=86497.msg1033249#msg1033249 date=1312992276]
[/quote]
[/quote]

They had a really, really bad year last year and still nearly won district in track. 
They have more speed and athleticism than anyone else in this district at the skill positions

[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1034069" timestamp="1313119301"]
[quote author=UHCoog14 link=topic=86497.msg1033249#msg1033249 date=1312992276]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Speed & athleticism are important factor's ,but by themselfs won't win many games unless combined with very good coaching , intense training and a fierce drive to win coupled with team chemistry ! All are traits of the Dayton Bronco's. The Bronco's have been over-matched outside and inside the district many times and have come out on top. I do think 19 4a is getting stronger and this year will be very competitive .

Exactly.
Which was why I stressed twice that Lee may go winless again.
Heck, Dallas Skyline seems to have 10+ guys a year get scholarships to major schools and they never make any noise in the playoffs.

I was even surprised at how the heck Lee won the 400 relay at district.  They were about two seconds slower than they usually are.  This district is just not that athletic as a whole.  Well coached football teams at times, but not much speed.

The UH guy must be a disgruntled Sterling fan or something, not sure. 
This group of skill position players is as good as most that Olin ever had.  May not have the pure speed, but they have good height, jumping ability and ball skills.  They just don't execute at anywhere near the Olin level.  They don't execute as well as most Pee-Wee league teams actually.  If Olin were still coach, I would be as pumped or this year as I have been in years.  As it is, I just hope they win a game or two.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1034153" timestamp="1313151310"]
Exactly.
Heck, Dallas Skyline seems to have 10+ guys a year get scholarships to major schools and they never make any noise in the playoffs.

I was even surprised at how the heck Lee won the 400 relay at district.  They were about two seconds slower than they usually are.  This district is just not that athletic as a whole.  Well coached football teams at times, but not much speed.

This group of skill position players is as good as most that Olin ever had.  May not have the pure speed, but they have good height, jumping ability and ball skills.  They just don't execute at anywhere near the Olin level.  They don't execute as well as most Pee-Wee league teams actually.  If Olin were still coach, I would be as pumped or this year as I have been in years.  As it is, I just hope they win a game or two.
[/quote]
I agree Panama.......I went to Lee years and years ago. I live in BH now but still watch a game or 2. I was not an Olin fan at all.

I hate to see Lee reduced to what it is tho.

[quote name="dayton" post="1033716" timestamp="1313076839"]
[quote author=RED MACHINE link=topic=86497.msg1033658#msg1033658 date=1313068522]

What is a YET? I was watching the news the other day & the news said a lady had been shot & the bullet was still stuck in her yet.  :D :D
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your right the twins are sophomores. Their last name is Walters & they have 2 cousins on the team.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="panamamyers" post="1034153" timestamp="1313151310"]
Exactly.

[/quote]

Heck panama, aren't all Sterling fans "disgruntled"?

Still not gonna help rel get any better.

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1034198" timestamp="1313160150"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=86497.msg1033716#msg1033716 date=1313076839]
[quote author=RED MACHINE link=topic=86497.msg1033658#msg1033658 date=1313068522]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your right the twins are sophomores. Their last name is Walters & they have 2 cousins on the team.
[/quote]

nice... I'm assuming they'll be playing on fridays?

I dunno, Sterling had that one good team back in the 70's.  What else do you want?
Lee has two opportunities to do something before the whole program implodes in my opinion.
They do not have anything coming up past the junior class that is there in my opinion.

The junior class though ran roughshod over West Brook when they were freshmen, so I know the talent is there.

Again, it goes back to coaching the talent and executing on Fridays whch I do not expect.

Panama......I have said for over 6 months now......I do not think there will be a Lee High School in 5 years. I believe Baytown will be back to a 2 school system with Lee College buying up Lee High School. That way they inherit a baseball field, Football stadium with a track. I hate to see that day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83