R.I.P Bubba Smith

Police Academy was one of the first movies I saw on HBO when I was a kid, and the scene where he turns the police car upside down is classic! It wasn't until way after that I found out what a football legend he was. Guess they needed a d-end in heaven! RIP MOSES HIGHTOWER (a.k.a. Bubba Smith) you will be missed!

I remember when Bubba and another ex-NFL player (I can't recall his name) did commercials for a beer brand (another name I can't recall).  The commercials were very popular but after a while Bubba decided that he didn't feel right about encouraging beer consumption so he stopped doing the ads.  I imagine that he lost a lot of money but I respected him for doing what he thought was right even though it cost him money.  Great player, actor and person!

I loved the police acedemy scene where he wrecked into the guy and he got out his car mad and walked up to Hightower in the drivers seat and realized he was sitting in the back seat.  He walked away with the look of disbelief and pure terrified!  lol

R.I.P. Bubba Smith

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1031318" timestamp="1312425793"]
Ya just gotta like a guy named "Bubba"

[/quote]

I call my big brother Bubba,but he will not let anyone else call him that.Others call him by his given name but when I do, it just doesn't sound right.

R.I.P Bubba Smith.

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="1031358" timestamp="1312434113"]
I remember when Bubba and another ex-NFL player (I can't recall his name) did commercials for a beer brand (another name I can't recall).  The commercials were very popular but after a while Bubba decided that he didn't feel right about encouraging beer consumption so he stopped doing the ads.  I imagine that he lost a lot of money but I respected him for doing what he thought was right even though it cost him money.  Great player, actor and person!
[/quote]

The other player was Dick Butkus and the ads were for Miller Lite.  It was during its "less filling, no, tastes great" days.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1031633" timestamp="1312499399"]
[quote author=Old61Eagle link=topic=86286.msg1031358#msg1031358 date=1312434113]
[/quote]

The other player was censored Butkus and the ads were for Miller Lite.  It was during its "less filling, no, tastes great" days.
[/quote]

Thanks grad.  I believe you are correct sir.  Wait until you get to be my age - things just seems to be forgotten.  They were good commericals.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder