West Brook's Dolan to play in national club soccer tournament

Congrats to Stacy and her team for making it to President's Cup nationals! Very few players (especially from this area) get to experience play at the national club level. Is she the only girl, past or present, from the Golden Triangle area to have accomplished this honor? How about boys? We look forward to hearing how Albion comes out in Des Moines. Go Stacy!

• 1 month later...
Congrats to Stacy..

The closest I know of was Mike Hughes team (SSSC 93 G) that went to the Pres Cup Region 3 event two years in a row. Lost to North Carolina (1-0) in the finals.. had beaten them earlier in the competition .. a win would have advanced them to the National tournament. and the year after they played the eventual National Champs to a draw.. and about an hour or two after that game I was approached by the Champs parents and asked about our team.. they said we were too good to be in the Pres Cup competition and was wondering how we got there. (SAND BAGGING)

That year we had a rash of bad luck.. losing our leading scorer ( Natalie Hagar) to an ACL injury, Our top defender( Madeline Horning) in the game against the champs to a ankle sprain and another player broke her wrist in our second game... It was not our year.. but we had two legitimate chances to advance and failed to capitalize

9 players off that team (SSSC 93) are playing in college this year.

In the summer of 2009 Scott Poole and his U17 club team, Dallas Texans Houston, made it all the way to the U.S. Youth Soccer Division 1 National Championship Series in Boston, Mass. They lost to the eventual national champions in group play, won one and tied one, I believe. The level of play on that stage is incredible. Many players (DTH and other national teams), including Scott have gone on to play college soccer. In 2010 they won state and nearly took regionals which were played in Baton Rouge, LA. They lost in the semis to an old nemisis, Triangle United out of North Carolina.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83