PNG

Guest Pirate_pride_07

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Ok, who here thinks that PNG's line is gonna be up to snuff this year. I heard they lost a lotta players including there huge line. Do yall think Chase Bertran is gonna be as competitive as he was last year and will there offense suffer or no?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how the line will  play together after all the changes, but I do know this, the tribe always puts some warriors on the field and at the end of the game you will know you've been in a war. I don't expect this year to be any different!

PNG imo had the best o-line in the district last year, and Bertrand just keeps getting better each year.

They also have a top notch coaching staff. I look for them to have a very competitive season this yr. except on Oct. 28 when the Pirates come to town..... ;D ;D ;D

PNG's O line will be just fine. One tackle is 6'5" the other is 6'2", Guard, one is 6'3" the other 6'2" center is 6'1" all around 250 lbs. So yeah they got some meat up from and 3 of the 5 saw significant playing time at the varsity level and in the playoffs. The other 2 were starters on the JV last year. All these boys have been working extremely hard all summer and have put on alot of muscle.

My biggest question is are they big and MEAN like last year's line?  I've seen big and sloppy lines they couldn't block anything and I've also seen small o-lines that have the best blocking technique.  Hopefully, PN-G's have a great combination of both...

Thank you for all the awesome comments about PNG's o-line last year.  I think they were the best in the district, but then again I "might" be prejudiced since my son was part of that amazing o-line  ;)  With the talented PNG coaching staff  in place, I'm sure our o-line this year will step up and fill the shoes that my son and his teammates have left behind.  ;D ;D

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1022770" timestamp="1310040893"]
[b]My biggest question is are they big and MEAN like last year's line?[/b]  I've seen big and sloppy lines they couldn't block anything and I've also seen small o-lines that have the best blocking technique.  Hopefully, PN-G's have a great combination of both...
[/quote]
I have to agree. Last years line was the best I have seen at PNG. These boys have some big shoes to fill. From what I've seen & heard, though, I am not worried about the offense at all. Plenty of talent and I'm sure Coach Faircloth will have them prepared. I am curious about the defense though. New DC and a lot of new faces. Looking forward to finding out though...!

[quote name="HonorPrideTradition" post="1022811" timestamp="1310049682"]
Thank you for all the awesome comments about PNG's o-line last year.  I think they were the best in the district, but then again I "might" be prejudiced since my son was part of that amazing o-line  ;)  With the talented PNG coaching staff  in place, I'm sure our o-line this year will step up and fill the shoes that my son and his teammates have left behind.  ;D ;D
[/quote]
They WERE the best in district and maybe the best collective group to play at PNG in recent history. Watching these boys play was FUN! I'm hoping (and expect!) the OL will do well again this year.

Guest BOBCAT
  *PNG will make the playoffs as long as they keep it in their budget $$$!

*Good coaching staff will make up for whatever talent they are lacking !

* They have no more talent then other school in their district but $$$$$$ Wins games !

[quote name="BOBCAT" post="1022823" timestamp="1310052439"]

* They have no more talent then other school in their district but $$$$$$ Wins games !
[/quote]

Please explain your money issue. ::)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1022826" timestamp="1310052676"]
[quote author=BOBCAT link=topic=85503.msg1022823#msg1022823 date=1310052439]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think (hope) he means the money to keep the current coaching staff in place...

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1022826" timestamp="1310052676"]
[quote author=BOBCAT link=topic=85503.msg1022823#msg1022823 date=1310052439]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just keep it to yourself Bobcat......cause honestly you are probably a refugee from PNG that moved across the Bridge cause you couldnt keep up with the Joneses

[quote name="BOBCAT" post="1022823" timestamp="1310052439"]

[/quote]

Here we go....

Before anything further is said on this issue, I think it should be pointed out that before the budget cuts, PN-G's athletic budget was approximately half (that's right, half, and that was before budget cuts) the size of athletic budgets of districts of similar size (i.e. Nederland) and that our MS coaching staffs were actually smaller than the typical MS coaching staff in a 4A system prior to Coach Faircloth's arrival. It should also be noted that PN-G earns more money from football (as well as certain other sports) than almost any other school due to the size of the PN-G fanbase and the consistent annual qualifications for postseason play.

I am assuming, of course, that BOBCAT is referring to the incorrect, although widespread, rumor that PN-G spends all of its money on football and football alone and that the district and community at large only care about football. Hopefully, that is a mistaken assumption.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1022858" timestamp="1310060082"]
I just hope that Bandkid stays on the forum after he graduates.  I've become a fan of his posts...
[/quote]

;D

Already graduated. I leave for college in August, but I'll still be around.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1022867" timestamp="1310061507"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=85503.msg1022858#msg1022858 date=1310060082]
I just hope that Bandkid stays on the forum after he graduates.  I've become a fan of his posts...
[/quote]

;D

Already graduated. I leave for college in August, but I'll still be around.
[/quote]Ok.  ;D Look forward to the upcomming season.

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION.....

One OL starter returning.....(Nicotre...6'2"  270 )....Heard he is working really hard....Started as Soph 1/2 of 2009 season. Had two good record breaking seasons....(rushing ,passing & receiving).....along with a 2009 10-0 district record. The other probable starters are Manginni , Kelly, Lee & Sasinos.......ALL working hard this summer.....The OL might not be as seasoned as last year....but they will be able to compete far after the district is finished.......Let's not forget the OL coaches.....BEST IN DISTRICT....

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1023349" timestamp="1310181092"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=85503.msg1022894#msg1022894 date=1310065198]
Mr Bandkid will be a Crimson Tide, but always an Indian.
[/quote]

Really Bandkid?  Going to Alabama?
[/quote]

;D

It was by far the best option.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami