I AM SHOCKED! Dravanti Johnson

oh and btw penny... I played for Neumann and his coaching staff... greatest group of coaches I've ever ran across... and for you to say I have no idea about those coaches... I played for them for 4 years.... so I think I have a better idea of what I am talking about than you do.... get your facts straight first... in closing... what I posted in my original post was that there have been other discussions.. (BESIDES JUST ME)... where people have said that there has been a lot of talent come through Nederland that seems like it never goes anywhere...

Truth is most fans see a really good player and think he should be D-1 talent,and most of the time thats just not the case. I can recall dominant players for WO-S who just were not D-1 talent. Ive also seen players in this area get whipped on the field several times,but because of some workout stats and god-given size they get a chance to move on to the next level. But ya better believe if a player is putting up solid stats and stands out on both sides of the ball,and the schools arent knocking down his door..........its something the scouts dont like.(And im not refering to Mosley at all, i think hes the S_ _ _!!!!!) When we heard his halftime stats at the WO-S/BC game last week the whole crowd went "WOW" all at the same time.Wherever he goes....good luck.

First GoDogs, trust me I know Neumann and his coaching staff better than you do, end of story period. Second, I did not respond to your post because I didn't think it was worth responding to, you seem to say things that you don't mean or that get taken the wrong way... then ask everyone to chill out when they respond to the contrary. Knowing that I just let it be. James has every right to respond to your post with facts on what he sees the Nederland coaching staff do in terms of making tapes, contacts... etc to give their players the opportunity to play at the next level if ychoose to do so... James knows... obviously by your post you don't. Look, go back and read your post, you telling me it's not a SLAP in NEUMANN's face??? All for one, one for all... until it comes to some comment you read on a message board that you are only restating or agreeing with that you should know isn't true.

I'm done.

First GoDogs' date=' trust me I know Neumann and his coaching staff better than you do, end of story period. Second, I did not respond to your post because I didn't think it was worth responding to, you seem to say things that you don't mean or that get taken the wrong way... then ask everyone to chill out when they respond to the contrary. Knowing that I just let it be. James has every right to respond to your post with facts on what he sees the Nederland coaching staff do in terms of making tapes, contacts... etc to give their players the opportunity to play at the next level if ychoose to do so... James knows... obviously by your post you don't. Look, go back and read your post, you telling me it's not a SLAP in NEUMANN's face??? All for one, one for all... until it comes to some comment you read on a message board that you are only restating or agreeing with that you should know isn't true.

I'm done.[/quote']

WOW you know neumann better than him thats awesome. Im so jealous of you.

I have often wondered why more kids from Nederland have not played college ball. I cannot possibly imagine Micah not being D1 material or at least D1 AA. He has as much skill, power and speed as any running back I have seen in high school football.

DJ, will do fine. He is already on the prospect lists of a lot of big schools. He will go somewhere I am sure as long as he makes the grades.

In some cases, recruiters assess not just what a kid IS, but what they think he COULD BE. In other words, one player might be a 5 on a scale of 10 (10 being Reggie Bush), but he might have the potential to develop into a 9. On the other hand, player B might be a 7, but he's already maxed out. I'm not saying this is the case with any specific Nederland players, but it's one reason some of the kids who shine in HS don't get the looks you'd expect and others get way more than we think they should.

GoDogs' date=' you edited your post, what did it say before you edited it? Truth is you have absolutely no idea... ZERO idea what Neumann and his coaching staff do for their players... so you are right, it is just an opinion based on ZERO Fact. Do you think James has an idea of what Neumann has done or will do for his son to pursue football beyond high school???? Interesting that he would defend him so vehemently. You throw things out that incite strong emotions, like you say it's just message board, then you tell folks to chill out when they respond. Take your own advice it's just a message board, don't get all riled up when James tells you his OPINION, which is based on more fact.[/quote']GoDogs27 wrote:

If there is one thing Neumann doesnt do, its promote his players... There should be schools gawking over Mosley, And Johnson for that matter... There have been several players over the years that played for Neumann that had a lot of talent and could have gone to a big school, but Neumann doesnt franchise his players enough it seems like??

Penny, Above is the original post. Since then GoDogs has gone the extra mile to correct his statement and to me is not bashing our coaches, he backs Bulldog football. Biggest problem on a message board is getting your point across without talking face to face. Sometimes what one may write comes out reading differently compared to if they were talking to you. I will always have a hard time agreeing with anyone who says our coaching staff does not do their part in helping players get college offers. They do their part and more. We have great people at our coaching positions and that speaks volumes for our program. Quality people.....I don't have an answer for why we don't send more players to the college level. The ones that go usually end up giving up on the sport. Don't know why....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476