How The Broncos Looking This Coming Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=oldrock link=topic=84774.msg1017746#msg1017746 date=1307751222]
Oubre is a guard, Barton is the center.
[/quot Heard coaches did not want to burn em up going both ways O/D so a move to center possible. Regardless think Oubes might be able to make some noise on the D line. Tousant puttin on some bulk also. Sounds like the D-line might still cause some havoc after losin Wright.

[quote name="MVP907" post="1018032" timestamp="1307888462"]
Hello men. I'm new to this Setx thing and I saw something about the upcoming Bronco so I thought I should ask, has anybody heard of a kid named Jackson? Heard he's supposed to be on the D line this year?

[/quote]
Donavan Jackson he was on JV last year. I did not get to watch any JV games last year but from what I hear the kid is a beast. Gonna add alot of speed to the D-line and saw him in the weight room and the kid is cut. Lookin forward to see what he is gonna bring. Gonna have a young D-line.

DCTF Preseason Top 25
4A

1. Aledo
2. Lake Travis
3. Denton Ryan
4. Cedar Park
5. La Marque
6. Smithson Valley
7. Brenham
8. Stephenville
9. Highland Park
10. Midway
11. Tivy
12. John Tyler
13. Humble
14. Manvel
15. CC Calallen
16. Dayton
17. PL Calhoun
18. Wylie
19. Pearland Dawson
20. SA Alamo Heights
21. Everman
22. Friendswood
23. Corsicana
24. Montgomery
25. Sherman

Guest octfeb
[quote name="daytonfan" post="1018871" timestamp="1308260182"]
DCTF Preseason Top 25
4A

1. Aledo
2. Lake Travis
3. Denton Ryan
4. Cedar Park
5. La Marque
6. Smithson Valley
7. Brenham
8. Stephenville
9. Highland Park
10. Midway
11. Tivy
12. John Tyler
13. Humble
14. Manvel
15. CC Calallen
16. Dayton
17. PL Calhoun
18. Wylie
19. Pearland Dawson
20. SA Alamo Heights
21. Everman
22. Friendswood
23. Corsicana
24. Montgomery
25. Sherman

[/quote] What is this based off of. I can see Aledo and Lake Travis being one and two.. I mean how is it calculated? I think Dayton was 25 last year, right? Brenham was # 2 last season. LaMarque went all the way to state and ranks # 5 this year. So is it based on win-loses in district and payoffs? Cause Brenham went undefeated until they got the (((fluke))) lose in the 1st round of the playoffs..I think LaMarque lost 4 in their district play but went all the way to state. Friendswood? 22? maybe that rank has to do with the tude of the Friendswoodfan (or whatever is name is) y'all know who i'm referring to. Just curious how this works....

We don't have the big guys in the middle that takes 2 or 3 to block out this year.Therefore I do not see us ranked in the top 50.I believe we'll score alot but so will alot of our opponents.If we play the same pre-season sch.as last year we'll be having some problems going into district.Skill positions are set as is the secondary for a solid team lacking size and exp.on both offense/defensive line.This will have to be the year we can outscore opponents in some closer games than last yr. 8)

[quote name="liltex" post="1018933" timestamp="1308276794"]
We don't have the big guys in the middle that takes 2 or 3 to block out this year.Therefore I do not see us ranked in the top 50.I believe we'll score alot but so will alot of our opponents.If we play the same pre-season sch.as last year we'll be having some problems going into district.Skill positions are set as is the secondary for a solid team lacking size and exp.on both offense/defensive line.This will have to be the year we can outscore opponents in some closer games than last yr. 8)
[/quote] Come on liltex Top 50 ? Even when Dayton is big in the middle most teams we play are usually bigger. Were we all that big in 2008 when we went toe to toe with the likes of bigger teams like Tivy and Sulpher Springs ? Dayton's defense is always exceptional no matter how big they are and with the Head Coach being the X- defense coach this team will more than formidable . With all the loaded guns on offense this team might surprize alot of people !  And you know Dave Campbell is never wrong !  :D

[/quote]
TOUSANT / OUBRE WILL DEMAND SOME DOUBLE TEAMS UP FRONT. I DO AGREE THIS YEAR WILL BE A CHALLENGING YEAR FOR DA BRONX ;D

The key to any success the Broncos have this year will be how the offensive and defensive line responds to graduation losses. I thought the offensive line was handled by La Marque last year and will have to get better to keep the defense from getting worn down. We should be loaded at the skill positions. Go Broncos!

[quote name="liltex" post="1017315" timestamp="1307582431"]
Went to the HS this afternoon and asked a coach about Jak.Was told he had another surgery to have pins removed recently.He's been working out the upper body functions.As for the move in from Liv.he will be a soph.@ 6'-190 @ best from good sources but he must undergo some serious workouts that he has not been to happy about by word of mouth to make this team.It's no cakewalk @ DHS to be a Bronco and 1st ya gotta commit w/o gripping about the program.He'll be ok and he seems willing now.Graduating seniors will be missed but have some re-arranged players who'll share duties @ nose.Off.will be good n quick,not as big @ LB but more atheletic,secondary will be prolly the best in a few years w/lots exp and speed.Will go to the weight room nxt week and see what we look like ;)
[/quote]

looks fine to me. no more big boys to tackle (at least in 21-4a)

only question marks are those lines. gl.

[/quote]

Bobby, when was the last time Dayton out sized anybody?  Not top 50? Please.  Big Stew laid the foundation for a preseason top 25 type program every year.  The only question is how the players respond to the new staff. 

I'd be tickled greatly if I'm wrong I just believe out the gate we'll fall out like last year early then peak and work back in the poll later.You know I believe they'll be great just not early.Some questions to answer @ RB and in the trenches.I think we'll throw alot more this year and score alot of pts.Kicking game is A+ 8) ;) ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1019435" timestamp="1308486600"]
I'd be tickled greatly if I'm wrong I just believe out the gate we'll fall out like last year early then peak and work back in the poll later.You know I believe they'll be great just not early[b].Some questions to answer @ RB[/b] and in the trenches.I think we'll throw alot more this year and score alot of pts.Kicking game is A+ 8) ;) ;)
[/quote]

MCBRIDE (MY LITTLE PONY) CAN RUN THA ROCK / Jakari will be 100%  ???

Dayton Broncos: The Dayton Broncos football team is not expected to miss a beat with new Head Coach Jowell Hancock at the helm – that’s according to Dave Campbell’s 2011 Texas Football. That storied publication predicts the Broncos will win the District 19-4A title and finish the season among the Top 20 4-A teams in the state. The periodical also lists Dayton kicker Juan Carranco as a pre-season All-State pick. Texas Football is on newsstands now.
;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83