Diboll AD resigning

Diboll High School Athletic Director Thomas Sheppard is resigning from his position effective June 30, according to a statement from the district's superintendent.

According to Supt. Gary Martel, Sheppard is stepping down to pursue a family business venture, run by his sister and brother-in-law, and to spend more time with his children.

"Tom is a close friend and I understand how he cannot turn down this opportunity in is professional career," Martel said.

Martel said high school Principal Kevin Moran will serve as interim athletic director.

Sheppard will work in sales for Josten's an educational sales company.

"It was tough telling the kids," Sheppard said. "Today I told the kids and my son's sitting there. It's tough to talk about it even now."

Sheppard is leaving the year before his son joins the varsity team.

"He's always wanted me to coach him and I explained to him how much pressure he would have if I was the head coach," Sheppard said. "I told him I'd be there. We'll still watch film every night. We'll break it down and I'll still coach him. Of course I'll let his coaches coach him too."

Martel said he will meet with school board members, athletic boosters and school staff to determine what they want for the next candidate.

"I do want to make it pretty plain that if we decide to stay inside this job, we will not go out and jerk other people's chains and try to bring a bunch of people in and interview if we already think we have a candidate on staff," Martel said. "I think there are three or four candidates right now on staff that are interested."

"I do want to make it pretty plain that if we decide to stay inside this job, we will not go out and jerk other people's chains and try to bring a bunch of people in and interview if we already think we have a candidate on staff," Martel said. "I think there are three or four candidates right now on staff that are interested."

Wow! Where did that come from?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1016362" timestamp="1307211151"]

Wow! Where did that come from?
[/quote]whoa.  :o i guess the job is filled with that statement being said

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami