Former Dayton star QB Green leaving Nebraska

Just don't see Cody transferring to a D1 school if "playing time" is the issue. Regardless he will make any school he goes to better from experience alone ;)

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/codyj.png/][IMG]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7283/codyj.png[/img][/URL]

IN CODY WE TRUST

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="trigger21" post="1020645" timestamp="1308962307"]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=84700.msg1020331#msg1020331 date=1308804138]
Seen him today,hope he gets a chance wherever he goes. "BOISE STATE" i hope. Im not saying hes talked about it or even had ne1 talk about it,just saying he would fit there.
[/quote]

If he cant start at neb what makes you think he can at BSU?
[/quote]

I didnt say he would start,although with a chance he can.I said it would be a good fit,imo. BS has an O i know Cody can play in. He can through it deep or get his 40 timed.

Man Pellini had 4 of his people clad in husker red attire @ every Dayton game in 2008 Cody's sr.yr and he did not disappoint them rushing for 1,600+yds and throwing for 3,000 + yds w/60+ tds total guiding Dayton to the title game where again he delivered 50+ points helping set a new state record for points/offense for a 4a title game.Cody a former honor student graduating early will make good decisions for his future 8) ;) ;)

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="1023265" timestamp="1310159817"]
Highly over rated IMO. I said when he went to Nebraska, would never see the field. I was a little wrong, he played a few downs over last 2 years.
[/quote]

During his two years in Lincoln, Green completed 66 of 122 passes for 657 yards and five touchdowns.
I believe he started 4 games, I guess in some peoples mind that would be "Never seeing the field".

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1023752" timestamp="1310395333"]
Would Kansas State be a good fit?
[/quote] I think K-State would be a good fit . Bill Snyder took the program several years ago out of the cellar and made them a Big 12 contender with a Q- back from Baytown and now he's come out of retirerment  to rescue them back to respectability with recruits from SE TX. Cody would be a hero on K-states campus with alot of natoinal exposer .

Guest incognito123
I still believe that the best move for Cody would be to SFA.  He would start immediately and fill a huge hole they have on their offense.  Also, he would have a great chance of winning the FCS national championship next season.  That alone would get him the NFL looks that he undoubtedly wants.  Dustin Long was pretty successful using this same formula, as was Rhett Bomar.  I know that he probably desires to stay in D1, but if he chooses to sit out next year he will fall off the radar.  Make the right decision Cody.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1023854" timestamp="1310415462"]
I still believe that the best move for Cody would be to SFA.  He would start immediately and fill a huge hole they have on their offense.  Also, he would have a great chance of winning the FCS national championship next season.  That alone would get him the NFL looks that he undoubtedly wants.  Dustin Long was pretty successful using this same formula, as was Rhett Bomar.  I know that he probably desires to stay in D1, but if he chooses to sit out next year he will fall off the radar.  Make the right decision Cody.
[/quote]

If he chooses to sit out I don't think he would fall off the radar. Ryan mallet transferred from Michigan to ark and sat out a year and it didn't hurt him.  It's seems now that all you need is 1 good year and your draft stock sky rockets. Look at nick fairly before this year he barley started then he had a breakout year and was taken in the first round. Cam Newton transferred from Florida to blinn to Auburn spending a year at each and was the #1 pick.

I think sitting a year out might be the best thing for him. He would have time to learn the offence and if he went somewhere where there was a veteran QB like boise he would have the chance to learn from him.  Even if he went to sfa and won a nc he would still look better if he was at a fbs school and did average.  If you combine fcs with D2 and D3 only 25 players were takin in this years draft.  The draft however should not be his main concern in picking a school.  He should pick a school where he feels comfortable with the COACH, the offence, the team, the acadimcs, and the environment.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1023862" timestamp="1310418430"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=84700.msg1023854#msg1023854 date=1310415462]
[/quote]

If he chooses to sit out I don't think he would fall off the radar. Ryan mallet transferred from Michigan to ark and sat out a year and it didn't hurt him.  It's seems now that all you need is 1 good year and your draft stock sky rockets. Look at nick fairly before this year he barley started then he had a breakout year and was taken in the first round. Cam Newton transferred from Florida to blinn to Auburn spending a year at each and was the #1 pick.

I think sitting a year out might be the best thing for him. He would have time to learn the offence and if he went somewhere where there was a veteran QB like boise he would have the chance to learn from him.  Even if he went to sfa and won a nc he would still look better if he was at a fbs school and did average.  If you combine fcs with D2 and D3 only 25 players were takin in this years draft.  The draft however should not be his main concern in picking a school.  He should pick a school where he feels comfortable with the COACH, the offence, the team, the acadimcs, and the environment.
[/quote]

Maybe you are right?  The only error I see is that Green is not nearly the calibar player of Newton, and he is no where near being chosen at the top of the draft.  He needs to play.  For every Ryan Mallett, there are 20 kids who transfer and are never heard from again.

[quote name="UHCoog14" post="1024561" timestamp="1310644798"]
Why would he go to atm with johnny boy on campus?
[/quote]
No kidding. The future at A&M is in the hands of Manziel and it looks pretty bright. Tanehill will start this year and barring any slipp ups should do well, but JM will reign at Kyle the next 3.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1024216" timestamp="1310562547"]
http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/news/26232/Cody-Green-narrows-down-choices
[/quote]

Gosh dang girl! Last time I was on here, I had you well up into the positive karma territory. What happened?  ??? >:(

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1024767" timestamp="1310674418"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=84700.msg1024216#msg1024216 date=1310562547]
http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/news/26232/Cody-Green-narrows-down-choices
[/quote]

Gosh dang girl! Last time I was on here, I had you well up into the positive karma territory. What happened?  ??? >:(
[/quote] LOL I dunno.. Probably one of them blue blood smurfs. You know the ones beneath Dayton. They live on a mound AKA the bump. I don't mind though it's one of them love to hate deals...  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476