Mid-County Mo-Jo?

Since this is the place i get 99% of my select softball info, i figured i would post this question to see if i can get some info. 

I heard a certain female coach (who would have a daughter on the team) from the PN area is starting a 10U team under the GT Shockers banner and would be pulling over half of her players from the current Mojo roster.  Has anyone else heard this?  If this is true, it seems to me Mojo would not be a team anymore.  Hopefully, the Mo-Jo coaches don't get suprised by this.

Guest hottestbats
That has been the rumor lately. We heard about it at practice last week. I didn't hear about their pitcher going with them. She is the one who does all of their hitting and she is the pitcher. They had a pretty good thing going. If Craig don't know about it, he will shortly! Hopefully, they had a little class and let him know what is going on. Supposedly some of the girl's have already went to a few of the 12u Shocker practices.

[quote name="hottestbats" post="1013869" timestamp="1306268128"]
That has been the rumor lately. We heard about it at practice last week. I didn't hear about their pitcher going with them. She is the one who does all of their hitting and she is the pitcher. They had a pretty good thing going. [b]If Craig don't know about it[/b], he will shortly! Hopefully, they had a little class and let him know what is going on. Supposedly some of the girl's have already went to a few of the 12u Shocker practices.
[/quote]

If this is true and Craig doesn't know, that is total bush league and a complete lack of class by the new coach.

[quote name="sball812" post="1013833" timestamp="1306262512"]
Since this is the place i get 99% of my select softball info, i figured i would post this question to see if i can get some info. 

I heard a certain female coach (who would have a daughter on the team) from the PN area is starting a 10U team under the GT Shockers banner and would be pulling over half of her players from the current Mojo roster.  Has anyone else heard this?  If this is true, it seems to me Mojo would not be a team anymore.  Hopefully, the Mo-Jo coaches don't get suprised by this.
[/quote]

[/quote]
That has been the rumor lately. We heard about it at practice last week. I didn't hear about their pitcher going with them. She is the one who does all of their hitting and she is the pitcher. They had a pretty good thing going. If Craig don't know about it, he will shortly! Hopefully, they had a little class and let him know what is going on. Supposedly some of the girl's have already went to a few of the 12u Shocker practices. [/quote]

Are you seeking info OR are you really trying to give incomplete info....

GT Shockers is known for having open practices, at any given practice we will have 4-5 players (besides the players you are referencing) of all ages practicing with our teams. Not sure why it bothers you that kids (parents) seek more for their daughters.....please feel free to attend our practice any time....we practice at West Brook on Tues and Thur @ 6pm.....and on Sat when arent playing from 9am til 3pm.

I encourage my players to practice or play with other teams when we arent....just this past weekend one of our pitchers and starting SS picked up with Beaumont Blast in a tourn in Lake Charles.....We had another player pickup with a team in Houston 2 weeks ago....guess what, she felt that team was a better fit.....she quit and joined that team.....whereas I dont condone switching teams in the middle of the season, her parents felt that was a better situation for her.....from that stand point that is what EVERY parent should be doing, looking for the BEST situation for their child.

Ive had several parents call me this season to join our team NOW, they were currently playing for a team. I explained we would not pick them up in the middle of the season, they needed to try to finish the season with their current team......they chose to quit (for reasons they felt was necessary) they do practice with us to keep their skills up, however I will not put a uniform on them until the Fall season.

So rather than looking for 99% of your softball info (with all of 2 post) in a public forum, wouldnt it be better that you discus this with the people involved.......it seems communication works best. Then again, maybe its that you were trying to GIVE info, rather than GET info.

Guest hottestbats
I didn't know if it was a rumor or the truth. Last night I was told that half of the girl's will be leaving MOJO after state. From what I understand the Shocker's have a great organization. They will shortly become the hated with their new coach, not by me personally but by just about everyone else. Every team will have girl's moving to different team's. Daddyball get's a lot of team's in trouble and eventually will lead to problem's from within. Sometime's the daddy's have to realize you have to do what's best for the team and if you don't people will begin to leave and look for better fit's for their daughter.

Are you seeking info OR are you really trying to give incomplete info....

GT Shockers is known for having open practices, at any given practice we will have 4-5 players (besides the players you are referencing) of all ages practicing with our teams. Not sure why it bothers you that kids (parents) seek more for their daughters.....please feel free to attend our practice any time....we practice at West Brook on Tues and Thur @ 6pm.....and on Sat when arent playing from 9am til 3pm.

I encourage my players to practice or play with other teams when we arent....just this past weekend one of our pitchers and starting SS picked up with Beaumont Blast in a tourn in Lake Charles.....We had another player pickup with a team in Houston 2 weeks ago....guess what, she felt that team was a better fit.....she quit and joined that team.....whereas I dont condone switching teams in the middle of the season, her parents felt that was a better situation for her.....from that stand point that is what EVERY parent should be doing, looking for the BEST situation for their child.

Ive had several parents call me this season to join our team NOW, they were currently playing for a team. I explained we would not pick them up in the middle of the season, they needed to try to finish the season with their current team......they chose to quit (for reasons they felt was necessary) they do practice with us to keep their skills up, however I will not put a uniform on them until the Fall season.

So rather than looking for 99% of your softball info (with all of 2 post) in a public forum, wouldnt it be better that you discus this with the people involved.......it seems communication works best. Then again, maybe its that you were trying to GIVE info, rather than GET info.

[/quote]

I'm not giving info, i am looking for info. I was posting what i had heard and asking the question "has anyone else heard this".   One girl quitting a team and going to another for whatever reason is quite a bit different than a person taking half the girls from one team and starting another team for another orginization.  Especially if it is being done "under the table".  

Nothing is under the table. I was approached about 10U players (one of which is a little sister of a player on my team) if they could practice wih my 12U group....as always we welcomed them.

The question remains the same. If you wanted info, why didnt you just talk to THE people you think are dealing "under the table".....rather than come on here and call them out.

Readers will not be able to know all details and/or reason for why these parents are doing "whatever" it is you think they are doing. So they will get partial info and base an opinion on very limited information.

If you want to know what, why, who is doing what, where, and when.....why dont you just ask those involved....

As far as us (GT Shockers) soon being hated due to who is or may be the coaches.....my only response to that is:

We are already hated based on that.....only those willing to come play for us KNOW better.....those who choose to sit on the outside and base their opinions on what others have said or what you perceive to be true....seem to "hate" us....come meet us...and/or workout with us....then you or anyone can then have a better understanding.

Guest hottestbats
  I really think a simple question is going in the wrong direction. I don't know the people that are going but I'm sure they have a very good reason. I also know that as a coach I would like a little bit of a warning that I would be losing half of my team and so would you. Craig is a pretty easy guy to talk to and it would give him time during All -Stars to do some recruiting. Most of the talk that I hear about the female coach is that she is very shady and will stick it to you in the end. We have played against her teams in 6u and 8u for almost 20 years. And I always hear the stories and they never end good. And it looks like the joint venture that Craig and his parents ventured into with PNG is not going to end good. I've always heard good things about the Shockers, hopefully people continue to hear good things. I hope everything goes well for both organizations and their families. In the end my friends from Nederland will be better off. I'm glad we were on teams that never had many problems. But it was a different time and era, I guess.

[quote name="hottestbats" post="1014077" timestamp="1306345378"]
[b][color=red]  I really think a simple question is going in the wrong direction[/color][/b]. I don't know the people that are going but I'm sure they have a very good reason. I also know that as a coach I would like a little bit of a warning that I would be losing half of my team and so would you. Craig is a pretty easy guy to talk to and it would give him time during All -Stars to do some recruiting. Most of the talk that I hear about the female coach is that she is very shady and will stick it to you in the end. We have played against her teams in 6u and 8u for almost 20 years. And I always hear the stories and they never end good. And it looks like the joint venture that Craig and his parents ventured into with PNG is not going to end good. I've always heard good things about the Shockers, hopefully people continue to hear good things. I hope everything goes well for both organizations and their families. In the end my friends from Nederland will be better off. I'm glad we were on teams that never had many problems. But it was a different time and era, I guess.
[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head.  I am not indicting the GT Shockers orginization at all.  I have never had any dealings with any of those people so why would i come on here and bash the entire group for no reason.  Craig S, you are defending your orginization and i applaud that.  I'm questioning the move of a coach splitting from a team and starting a new team under any banner, then taking players from an existing team, without letting the coach of the existing team know she was taking his players.  It's classless and the other girls on the team don't deserve to be left flapping in the breeze. 

[quote name="sball812" post="1014084" timestamp="1306347258"]
[quote author=hottestbats link=topic=84537.msg1014077#msg1014077 date=1306345378]
[b][color=red]  I really think a simple question is going in the wrong direction[/color][/b]. I don't know the people that are going but I'm sure they have a very good reason. I also know that as a coach I would like a little bit of a warning that I would be losing half of my team and so would you. Craig is a pretty easy guy to talk to and it would give him time during All -Stars to do some recruiting. Most of the talk that I hear about the female coach is that she is very shady and will stick it to you in the end. We have played against her teams in 6u and 8u for almost 20 years. And I always hear the stories and they never end good. And it looks like the joint venture that Craig and his parents ventured into with PNG is not going to end good. I've always heard good things about the Shockers, hopefully people continue to hear good things. I hope everything goes well for both organizations and their families. In the end my friends from Nederland will be better off. I'm glad we were on teams that never had many problems. But it was a different time and era, I guess.
[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head.  I am not indicting the GT Shockers orginization at all.  I have never had any dealings with any of those people so why would i come on here and bash the entire group for no reason.  Craig S, you are defending your orginization and i applaud that.   I'm questioning the move of a coach splitting from a team and starting a new team under any banner, then taking players from an existing team, without letting the coach of the existing team know she was taking his players.  It's classless and the other girls on the team don't deserve to be left flapping in the breeze. 
[/quote]

Along the lines of teams splitting up....happens all the time...not saying it is right...just saying. Had 2 teams dump half of each team to create what they thought was a "super team" never told any of the others....ask around.

I had a parent get pissed at the fireworks tourn in CO.....by the time we got home (in the middle of the season) id lost 5 players.....we rebounded and was even better the next season.....it happens.

Knowing anything at all this far in advance is about as good as you could ever hope for....the other side says (now that I've discussed this in a little more depth.) Is...there isn't a FEMALE coach involved....and there was an open face to face conversations about the direction things are going.

As far as calling out a horrible female coach (from what you've heard) is crazy....but then again Trout and I are very use to that.....have you talked to her personally or just repeating vicious rumors because someone you know has had a bad run in...heck we've ALL had that once or twice....all I'm saying is FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF....before repeating things about others.

With all of that said.....I AM PUBLICLY INVITING EVERYONE ....to come workout with us.....I don't care if you ever decide to stay and play.....I promise you will learn.....SOMETHING.

On a last note...nope a nerve wasn't struck....just defending people that some feel necessary yo bash in public but hasn't taken the time to discuss the matter privately......been at this way to long to be truely bothered by any of this.

Guest hottestbats
If there is not a female coach than why are you being so defensive? I've been around a while and I have witnessed for myself so I don't think anyone is crazy. I don't understand what has gotten you so deep into this that you think that you need to try and teach some of us about softball through your practices. I didn't see anyone get on here and ask you to go out to your practices. I'm pretty sure there are several other team's that have coaches that can get them where they need to be. Besides the point I'm not big on controversy and your new coach is all about controversy. But I guess if this person is not going to be one of your new coaches than you should be fine and no need to keep defending someone for nothing. Seem's like your their spokesperson, so we will just start asking you if we have any questions. I don't know these people personally so why would I want to speak to them. Another asked a question and I answered what I heard and evidently it wasn't just a rumor. If it was such a secret and MOJO's coach was not to find out until after State than it sounds like someone forgot to keep their mouth shut or maybe they just couldn't hold it in. Who really care's? But it does give us something to discuss on this board.

[quote name="hottestbats" post="1014155" timestamp="1306370239"]
If there is not a female coach than why are you being so defensive? I've been around a while and I have witnessed for myself so I don't think anyone is crazy. I don't understand what has gotten you so deep into this that you think that you need to try and teach some of us about softball through your practices. I didn't see anyone get on here and ask you to go out to your practices. I'm pretty sure there are several other team's that have coaches that can get them where they need to be. Besides the point I'm not big on controversy and your new coach is all about controversy. But I guess if this person is not going to be one of your new coaches than you should be fine and no need to keep defending someone for nothing. Seem's like your their spokesperson, so we will just start asking you if we have any questions. I don't know these people personally so why would I want to speak to them. Another asked a question and I answered what I heard and evidently it wasn't just a rumor. If it was such a secret and MOJO's coach was not to find out until after State than it sounds like someone forgot to keep their mouth shut or maybe they just couldn't hold it in. Who really care's? But it does give us something to discuss on this board.
[/quote]

I defend her because her older kid plays on my 12U team......I defend her because I know what its like for people to have an opinion about "me" based on what they've heard or been told.....and I to know the lady....so I'm telling you I've had nothing but good dealings with her....so please....sense you heard it here and 99% of "some people softball info comes from here.......id like for it to be spread what a wonderful person she is....fair enough...apparently you don't know first hand......so please spread MY opinion of her.

Not "trying" to teach anyone anything.....it just seemed some ...well you 2 got your panties in a wad because a few kids came to our practice.....I just thought sense it apparently bothered y'all that much......id invite everyone as not to hurt anyones feelings....

I am the spokesman for GT Shockers....once someone brought our name "specifically" into this...(could have said another team) it became my business....and without discussion or explantion from both sides could have been conceived as us doing the "underhanded" recruiting you spoke of.

That's my point....you don't KNOW them....but you are willing to repeat someone else's opinion...and spread "hearsay" about them......why would you do that...just answer that question.

Yes Shake...you can come.....bring your gear!

No need for hurt feelings OSUE....I invited EVERYONE...tonight 6pm @ West Brook and Sat 9am at College St.

Like I said everyone will LEARN SOMETHING...it may be you learn FOR YOURSELF.....that you don't like me.....then again

Legend....I heard you have "some" experience...and you like to "gamble" on the bases a bit....we may be the fit for you

Guest hottestbats
Not hear say. I have coached many games against her over the years and have been around her, so I have my own opinion. I don't think anyone got their panties in a knot on this end about your practices. I believe the point is that you don't have a 10u team this year but you had to take half of another team to make a 10u team. It seems as if you were so great than you would have plenty of 10u girls lined up without begging people to go to your practice. Maybe I ought to invite you to one of mine, but then again you appear to be the softball guru. We're all intitled to our opinions. One simple question and you turned this whole thing into controversy, no wonder ya'll get along. Ya'll will do fine together!

[quote name="hottestbats" post="1014280" timestamp="1306427018"]
Not hear say. I have coached many games against her over the years and have been around her, so I have my own opinion. I don't think anyone got their panties in a knot on this end about your practices. I believe the point is that you don't have a 10u team this year but you had to take half of another team to make a 10u team. It seems as if you were so great than you would have plenty of 10u girls lined up without begging people to go to your practice. Maybe I ought to invite you to one of mine, but then again you appear to be the softball guru. We're all intitled to our opinions. One simple question and you turned this whole thing into controversy, no wonder ya'll get along. Ya'll will do fine together!
[/quote]

The problem you have with this arguement is.......you are the one who came on a public forum with your buddy (all of 10 post collectively) and called out someone....degraded them publicly...used my organizations name....stated they were practicing with us. Unless you delete everything you said here people can read that yall were not asking a question....y'all were "telling on them"......as if anyone cared......

If you knew anything about us (GT Shockers) you would see we have a limited number of teams (currently 2).....because we don't want or need anymore....we consider ONLY teams...players...or coaches that come to us....we are not about 2-3-4 teams in the same age divisions.....to each their own.

Id be glad to attend your practice....always willing to learn....unlike you appear to be....I've attended many other coaches practices in an effort to learn as much as I can......Verde...Trout....Harrell....Dotson...Parson...unlimited college camps and practices .....all of which have been doing this way longer than I....all of which have taught me plenty....who knows unlike me you have an unknown screen name....so please let me know who you are....who knows...maybe you have taught me something as well....if so...who knows I may invite you to our practice to help me teach some things to my 12U players.

[quote author=sball812 link=topic=84537.msg1013833#msg1013833 date=1306262512]

[/quote

Please re-read my previous question and tell me where anyone was degraded? And for your statement of anyone "telling on them...as if anyone cared", do you think the mojo coaches care that there may be talks of starting another team behind their back?  My thought is they would love to know if they show up one day with not enough to fill the infield. That's all that was asked. 

[quote name="sball812" post="1014383" timestamp="1306441278"]
[quote author=sball812 link=topic=84537.msg1013833#msg1013833 date=1306262512]

I heard a certain female coach (who would have a daughter on the team) from the PN area is starting a 10U team under the GT Shockers banner and would be pulling over half of her players from the current Mojo roster.  Has anyone else heard this?  If this is true, it seems to me Mojo would not be a team anymore.  Hopefully, the Mo-Jo coaches don't get suprised by this.
[/quote

Please re-read my previous question and tell me where anyone was degraded? And for your statement of anyone "telling on them...as if anyone cared", do you think the mojo coaches care that there may be talks of starting another team behind their back?  My thought is they would love to know if they show up one day with not enough to fill the infield. That's all that was asked.  
[/quote]

Don't pick post...re-read all post between you and your partner in crime....and if the only agenda was to inform the "mojo" coach.....then why didn't you just call or meet him and tell him.....noooo you wanted to broadcast this info....seems between you and you buddy. It was you play dumb...ask a question....then I will answer our own question.....play it how you will.....you came here to air dirty laundry and stir crap......when you got what you asked for you started playing innocent and making me out to be the one creating controversy.....its simple....don't start there won't be any

[b]Admin note:[/b]Watch the language, Craig.

Well Craig you got your wish. I've done all the pot stirring I can according to you. Thanks for getting all defensive and giving a simple question WAY too much drama. My simple question even elicited a swear word. But sleep well knowing you won't see me post again. Have fun at practice and no I won't be there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder