WO-S Girls Basketball

How can this Happen???  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How can this Happen???

• Mistake
    • Keep her

Something I do not understand. After going to 3 regional tournaments 2004, 2005, 2006 Not Coach  in 2007 and the team DID NOT WIN A GAME that year returns to bring the program back up and now ask to not return. Who at WO-S have gone farther then the girls basketball in the playoffs the past 10 years?(not including track) What a bunch of B.S

It is the right decision. She has not been producing since she had those good players that went D1. What I don't understand is how WO-S is deciding to arbitrarily get rid of some coaches who have not been producing yet keeping others. I am not going to name names or sports but there is a coach who has not gotten past 2nd round in his sport and missed playoffs two years in a row yet he keeps his job because he is good buddies with the new AD.

Not only was she a good coach, she was a mother/mentor to her team.  She taught 2nd grade, NEVER had a conference period, and still managed to make it to the playoffs!  [b][u]I thought most coaches, especially HEAD coaches taught history, health, PE, and had breaks.  [/u] [/b] It is impossible for somebody who doesn't know her story to come and say you will be replaced, especially when she only had ONE star player. Why do some coaches with HORRIBLE records get to stay? "VOLLEYBALL" is an embarassment to WOCCISD.  They haven't won in the last 12 years; however, the coach gets to stay!  Hmmm.... I guess it's who you know, and what you will do to keep your job at WOCCISD.  I say to you Coach Orebo, keep your head up, and move on.  You have students/players who will never forget what you've done for them!!  I am proud of you!  You will NEVER be replaced!  Most of all the record speaks for itself. 

I thought WOS should have won state with B. Scott was a junior and B. James was a senior, they by far had the most talent at the regional tournament, they were out coached. I don't think she's a very good coach, she just had a lot of talent, but she's good enough to keep her job.  Did she want to keep coaching? 

Last I heard two players dont win championships. I dont think the Univ of Texas has a good football or basketball coach they win enough to keep their jobs. Texas has one National ChaMPIONSHIP IN THE PAST 30 YEARS and the basketball team has none but like I said they win enough to keep their jobs. Most people in the world work enough to keep their jobs. Everybody dont do a outstanding job but THEY DO ENOUGH TO KEEP THEIR JOBS. Coaches do help players to become good. Those two players did learn something from her. The best talent does not always win championship. Did you do enough this year to keep your job? She did. Its more then wins and losses before u cast a judge on anybody. Do you know her?? Were her players at practice all the time? Do they go to class? Is there parent support? Is there support from the athletic or administrative department? so before you judge know all the facts. And know she was told she didnt do enough to keep her job. WOW

What was UT's recent success before Barnes and Brown got there? I bet there are hundreds of programs that would love to have those two. National Championships are very hard to win. 1 in 30 years...many big programs would love to have that. Has VT won one? So is Frank Beemer a bad coach? Bob Stoops has only won one right...so he must not be good either.

[quote name="coachtimmy" post="1013442" timestamp="1306114056"]
Last I heard two players dont win championships. I dont think the Univ of Texas has a good football or basketball coach they win enough to keep their jobs. Texas has one National ChaMPIONSHIP IN THE PAST 30 YEARS and the basketball team has none but like I said they win enough to keep their jobs. Most people in the world work enough to keep their jobs. Everybody dont do a outstanding job but THEY DO ENOUGH TO KEEP THEIR JOBS. Coaches do help players to become good. Those two players did learn something from her. The best talent does not always win championship. Did you do enough this year to keep your job? She did. Its more then wins and losses before u cast a judge on anybody. Do you know her?? Were her players at practice all the time? Do they go to class? Is there parent support? Is there support from the athletic or administrative department? so before you judge know all the facts. And know she was told she didnt do enough to keep her job. WOW
[/quote]

I said she was good enough to keep her job, but I don't think she is that great of a coach...I also don't think Ancelot was a great coach either. 

If WOS would have had a great coach, they would have won state that year.  They has the Brittany's and they had two big posts...Should she keep coaching now at WOS - yes.  Is she the best coach in this area - not even close.

It is hard to find coaches that can consistently win and she did that better at WOS than the coaches before her.  It is really hard to understand why this happened.  As one comment above suggested that the Volleyball coach held on to their job and was horrible, I must be fair when I say that nobody really fires Volleyball and track coaches for not winning.  I hope that there was a better reason to let Orebo go, than she did not make the playoffs??  Sure OF and HJ and the cream of the crop but Silsbee graduated their athletes and BC as well HF are good not great teams.

I think Ancelot is a great Coach...I also think she was part of the reason Lamar has had success in the past couple of years.....She helped recruit those players like Plumley....Heard from a very good source LU might just be talking to her again!!!!!  As for WOS Coach I think she has done a good job and I hate she has lost her job....I will agree with Bobcat05, she should have made it all the way to state with James and Scott, those 2 were amazing to watch.....But with that said some of us know why OF and WOS were successful back in the day of Scott, James, Shores, Sanders, Little...and thats because Todd Shores helped coach those girls in Lil Dribblers and AAU tournaments and they were prepared and knew the game when they laced up as Freshman.....I would bet the volleyball coach at WOS could have coached those girls in basketball and had a winning season, she's smart enough to know with a James and Scott you just let them play!!!!!  ;).  I would bet there is more to this than just a losing season, good luck to you Coach you have done a great job at WOS.....

[quote name="snooker" post="1014239" timestamp="1306418374"]
help me understand the diff between good and great bobcat?? is it wins , playoff success, student success after bb, or just what exactly seperates the 2??
[/quote]

I think it is all of the above and some. Ancelot in her first year took a team who had a losing record the year before and went 20-10.  I think you set yourself apart from the others when you win with less talent. After that first year Ancelot had talent. So it really hard to say if she is great or any other coach in this area for that matter. I would say we have had some really good ones but not great ones.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1014375" timestamp="1306440257"]
You take Brittany Scott and Brittany James off those WOS teams ,they do not go to the regional tournament 3 years in a row. Matter of fact they do not make it out of district.
[/quote]

Agreed!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami