QB's throwing on the run

Lucky

Guest CougarPride

Well if you know anything about football then you know coaches "scout" other team. Now this is when all week long they watch film on the other teams defense and find tendencies and weakneses in the secondary coveragies and players. Well then they find out if their worst corner is on one side or if the shift their defense one way on particular downs.

Or they could just take your advise and just roll the same way everytime, but that wouldn't make it obvious where your going to throw it everytime wouldnt it. :?: And then they would just play their secondary to your quarterbacks throwing side. But what the hell,,, if we listen to you that wouldnt matter, we still need to go to the same side everytime Because no Highschool quarterback can throw across his body right.

Wow you should coach.

Let me give you a hint, Coaches design rollout passes for quartebaks because it is easier for them to throw on the run out of the pocket then tacking a 5 or 7 step drop(it is a shorter throw out of the pocket then from the pocket). Which there might be 10 quarterbacks in the state that can throw a 15 yard out route from a 7 step drop. But you being the football expert should know this

Well if you know anything about football then you know coaches "scout" other team. Now this is when all week long they watch film on the other teams defense and find tendencies and weakneses in the secondary coveragies and players. Well then they find out if their worst corner is on one side or if the shift their defense one way on particular downs.

Or they could just take your advise and just roll the same way everytime' date=' but that wouldn't make it obvious where your going to throw it everytime wouldnt it. :?: And then they would just play their secondary to your quarterbacks throwing side. But what the heck,,, if we listen to you that wouldnt matter, we still need to go to the same side everytime Because no Highschool quarterback can throw across his body right.

Wow you should coach.

Let me give you a hint, Coaches design rollout passes for quartebaks because it is easier for them to throw on the run out of the pocket then tacking a 5 or 7 step drop. Which there might be 10 quarterbacks in the state that can throw a 15 yard out route from a 7 step drop. But you being the football expert should know this[/quote']

Wow Lucky you have to forgive Cougarpride.....he is a little uptight right now....he has to drive 10 miles east on 90 this friday night for his teams last game.....

Guest CougarPride

OK sorry I just read your last post that said you hate the spread, which means you have no Idea about any type of passing game period. And the reason that you only see teams run boots and waggles of the run instead of straight drop back playaction, is becasue in High school unless you have an all-state lineman across the board then there is no way you can protect it. Because if you are not in the spread "which you hate" then they are in man coverage with 8 men in the box and 6 to block them. By the time the qb fakes then he will be hit before he coulf find a main target or a hot route. And if they are in man then the Playaction wouldnt fake them because the DB's would lock up with your WR all the way down field and the FS would be locked up with the TE.

You learn something new everyday hu

Why is it that teams will have a right handed QB roll out to the left and throw back across his body............or a lefty roll to the right ? They even do this to the short side of the field at times.

A lot of times when you see them throw back across the field, that is not a designed play. Their primary receiver was covered and the QB is just looking for someone to dump the ball off to. Since much of the flow of the play is with the QB and his blockers to the left, often a receiver or running back will come open on the far side of the field. It is just the way the play turns out as opposed to a play that is designed to for the QB to make a difficult throw.

It is easier for a right handed qb to throw rolling to their left because they are able to push off of their right foot and step towards their target with their left foot. Their momentum will aid in the velocity of the throw going left. If they are going to their right, their momentum is parallel or away from their target.

Or they could just take your advise and just roll the same way everytime' date=' but that wouldn't make it obvious where your going to throw it everytime wouldnt it. :?: And then they would just play their secondary to your quarterbacks throwing side. But what the heck,,, if we listen to you that wouldnt matter, we still need to go to the same side everytime Because no Highschool quarterback can throw across his body right.

Wow you should coach.

Let me give you a hint, Coaches design rollout passes for quartebaks because it is easier for them to throw on the run out of the pocket then tacking a 5 or 7 step drop(it is a shorter throw out of the pocket then from the pocket). Which there might be 10 quarterbacks in the state that can throw a 15 yard out route from a 7 step drop. But you being the football expert should know this[/quote']

I don't believe I said QB's should roll out to their throwing side everytime.

I believe I see too much of the opposite,...........thats all I'm saying.

Apparently I offended you with my other comment about hating the spread. Maybe I don't hate it........I just don't care for it. One of my favorite teams run it pretty good, thats WOS......... I still support them even though I wish they would go back to a run set.

It is easier for a right handed qb to throw rolling to their left because they are able to push off of their right foot and step towards their target with their left foot. Their momentum will aid in the velocity of the throw going left. If they are going to their right' date=' their momentum is parallel or away from their target.[/quote']

I have to disagree, I think it's much easier to roll to your throwing side. And I think most QB's will agree.

OK sorry I just read your last post that said you hate the spread' date=' which means you have no Idea about any type of passing game period. And the reason that you only see teams run boots and waggles of the run instead of straight drop back playaction, is becasue in High school unless you have an all-state lineman across the board then there is no way you can protect it. Because if you are not in the spread "which you hate" then they are in man coverage with 8 men in the box and 6 to block them. By the time the qb fakes then he will be hit before he coulf find a main target or a hot route. And if they are in man then the Playaction wouldnt fake them because the DB's would lock up with your WR all the way down field and the FS would be locked up with the TE.

You learn something new everyday hu[/quote']

I do know that the run opens the door to pass. And if you can be balanced by mixing it up a bit, you can control the clock as well. I also know that it is easier to block moving forward than block moving backward regardless of how good your lineman are. Hey, don't hate me cause I don't like your offense. I like the RUN............... with an effective passing game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn