Nederland mentioned in SI!

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1021893" timestamp="1309551548"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021889#msg1021889 date=1309550461]
Did some research, ur correct, Vidor made the playoffs 2 yrs in a row not three(my mistake).

I really did not know the W-L record of Ozen and Central, so I was not attempting to be a smart-censored.

I DO know, (and i'm sure English is well aware) of the talent at Central. [b]It seems to me though that you think Nederland lacks talent b/c they lost so much from last yr. U seem to think they will be back to their losing ways to where they were before Fourney and Smith and Cunningham.[/b] I am just informing you that they have lots of talented kids, and Ned will be an elite team for years to come.

[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=84422.msg1021862#msg1021862 date=1309546595]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021852#msg1021852 date=1309543749]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=84422.msg1021824#msg1021824 date=1309539627]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021814#msg1021814 date=1309538609]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84422.msg1021806#msg1021806 date=1309537743]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=84422.msg1021798#msg1021798 date=1309536153]
I think this year is going to be much more competitive than last ;) at least this time you guys could have a chance at get a win against Nederland :D
[/quote] :o Central gonna run all over Nederland. Nederland has no chance. Give up. Leave the district. Go 3-A,  you will have a better chance ;D
[/quote]

Can't wait to see Ur shocked reaction when Nederland wins district again!
::)
[/quote]Just so you know, Coach English have taken many beatings at the hands of Central while at Vidor. That Vidor team (2006 I believe) that beat Ozen (still pretty dominant) 3 times in one year was taken down by double digits by Central.  That Vidor team was Coached by English.   
[/quote]

Remember now, Vidor never had a winning record before English arrived, and never made the playoffs. After he was there for a few years, they made the playoffs 3 yrs in a row! Since he left, they haven't been back!
The same year Vidor beat Ozen 3 times, Vidor also split with Central (who cares if one game was lopsided). What's Ur point? U trying to discredit English? He has defeated Ozen 7 times in his career. Don't think any coach and/or team has accomplished that. Nice try...

BTW-When was the last time Central beat Ozen?

[/quote]Your information is inaccurate.  English's Vidor Pirates made the playoffs once, maybe twice.  They didn't make the playoffs 3 times.  I've just told you that Vidor Beat Ozen twice that year, so why even repeat it?  The lopsided victory shows you that there is talent at Central to beat a English coached team.  I'm not trying to discredit English.  I think he is a good coach.  I'm just informing you that Coach English knows who we are and know  he will have a battle when he plays Central.  I'm sure he don't think his team is all world beaters like you seem to think.

BTW, Central have split with Ozen the last 2 years, just in case you didn't  know...
[/quote]
[/quote]

He couldnt have been seriously thinking that :D I think he wants to get that bad taste out of his mouth from losing to a team that they used to [i]whip up[/i] on ;)
[/quote]I actually have been got that bad taste out of my mouth.  I actually was rooting for Nederland in their playoff run last year.  You get a bad taste in your mouth when you get whipped by the same team year in and year out (Ozen).  We have beaten them lately, so I am beginning to get my taste buds back again.  ;D ;D

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have U seen the new kid play yet Nash or just speculating?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1021877" timestamp="1309548511"]
[quote author=Versey Ledbetter link=topic=84422.msg1021863#msg1021863 date=1309546843]
[quote author=NHS1990 link=topic=84422.msg1021834#msg1021834 date=1309541323]
I've seen the new big kid in action. He looks good, will be a great asset to the team, esp after losing so much size from last year. I don't think Nederland will miss a beat this season.
[/quote]
I hope you're right but I'll be very and pleasantly surprised if Nederland doesn't "miss a beat" next season.
[/quote]

My guess is the new big kid will be one of the top two or three posts in all classes in the area next year.
[/quote]

[quote name="ford15" post="1021933" timestamp="1309558845"]
Don't worry Nederland fans. H-J lost alot and it was predicted by several that we would not go far last year or the year before or the year before, or................! ;D ;D ;)
[/quote]

Ya, that's what another HJ fan told me a few months ago. Y'all call it re-LOADING every yr instead of re-building...I like it!!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1021945" timestamp="1309562509"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84422.msg1021938#msg1021938 date=1309559492]
Nederland ain't HJ

[/quote]

Not yet, but Ned is trending in that direction for sure! Ned would definitely run HF out of the gym  ;D
[/quote] >:( Oh okay, Nederland better hope and pray HF doesn't get into the YMBL in the future.

Bring it Dove!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1021962" timestamp="1309568368"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021945#msg1021945 date=1309562509]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84422.msg1021938#msg1021938 date=1309559492]
Nederland ain't HJ

[/quote]

Not yet, but Ned is trending in that direction for sure! Ned would definitely run HF out of the gym  ;D
[/quote] >:( Oh okay, Nederland better hope and pray HF doesn't get into the YMBL in the future.
[/quote]

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1021779" timestamp="1309533624"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021761#msg1021761 date=1309530470]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84422.msg1021754#msg1021754 date=1309529386]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021750#msg1021750 date=1309528644]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84422.msg1021744#msg1021744 date=1309527693]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021645#msg1021645 date=1309484695]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84422.msg1021604#msg1021604 date=1309470840]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=84422.msg1021585#msg1021585 date=1309466719]
Whitesboro is 3A.
[/quote]Yep, beating up on the little fellas, huh!
[/quote]

They've also whipped up on Bmt. Central a few times this summer.
[/quote]Enjoy your summer ;)
[/quote] 

So...U think Central is going to defeat Nederland this season in district?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]I think Nederland will get the third spot in their district. ;)

[/quote]

Ok. I predict they get 2nd (at worse). If U are predicting 3rd, then should I assume that u believe Central will finish ahead of them? Quick history of last year: Nederland swept Central last year on Varsity, JV, and Freshman...
[/quote]Quick history.  Before the last 2 years (before the 2 bigs from PA come over), what was Big Ned's record against Central?  And may I remind you that those 2 bigs are gone now.  Summer ball do not equate to  anything that will happen  in district, where it means everything.  Please don't tell me that you will rely on the services on the big 'baseball' freshmen player from last year...
[/quote]

One big had been living in Nederland since before middle school and the other was in Port Neches.  Somone from Beaumont wouldn't know but does it really matter.  They played for Nederland and as I recall 3 years ago when my oldes son started for Nederland they beat Central then in overtime to split with them that season and haven't lost to Central since that game.  Nederland has lost some size but Weisbrod gives them some.  The biggest loss for Nederland is experience and depth but Coach E. will get them plenty of games to prepare them for district.  I see a 2nd place finish this year.

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1022674" timestamp="1309995919"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=84422.msg1021779#msg1021779 date=1309533624]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021761#msg1021761 date=1309530470]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84422.msg1021754#msg1021754 date=1309529386]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021750#msg1021750 date=1309528644]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84422.msg1021744#msg1021744 date=1309527693]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=84422.msg1021645#msg1021645 date=1309484695]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84422.msg1021604#msg1021604 date=1309470840]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=84422.msg1021585#msg1021585 date=1309466719]
Whitesboro is 3A.
[/quote]Yep, beating up on the little fellas, huh!
[/quote]

They've also whipped up on Bmt. Central a few times this summer.
[/quote]Enjoy your summer ;)
[/quote] 

So...U think Central is going to defeat Nederland this season in district?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]I think Nederland will get the third spot in their district. ;)

[/quote]

Ok. I predict they get 2nd (at worse). If U are predicting 3rd, then should I assume that u believe Central will finish ahead of them? Quick history of last year: Nederland swept Central last year on Varsity, JV, and Freshman...
[/quote]Quick history.  Before the last 2 years (before the 2 bigs from PA come over), what was Big Ned's record against Central?  And may I remind you that those 2 bigs are gone now.  Summer ball do not equate to  anything that will happen  in district, where it means everything.  Please don't tell me that you will rely on the services on the big 'baseball' freshmen player from last year...
[/quote]

One big had been living in Nederland since before middle school and the other was in Port Neches.  Somone from Beaumont wouldn't know but does it really matter.  They played for Nederland and as I recall 3 years ago when my oldes son started for Nederland [b]they beat Central then in overtime to split with them that season [/b] and haven't lost to Central since that game.  Nederland has lost some size but Weisbrod gives them some.  The biggest loss for Nederland is experience and depth but Coach E. will get them plenty of games to prepare them for district.  I see a 2nd place finish this year.
[/quote]Not being a butt or anything, but I really don't recall a loss to Nederland 3 years ago.  I do, however know we havn't beat you for the last 2 years.

3 yrs ago Ned beat Central at home. It was a big win for the Dogs and perhaps the turning point of the program. I also remember Central's coach refusing to allow his players to shake hands, after the game, and they all abruptly left the court. Class act. Not a good lesson for young men to endure. Perhaps, this is one of the many reasons the coach was kicked to the curb shortly thereafter.  :o     

[quote name="aDIDBAdad" post="1022843" timestamp="1310056040"]
3 yrs ago Ned beat Central at home. It was a big win for the Dogs and perhaps the turning point of the program. I also remember Central's coach refusing to allow his players to shake hands, after the game, and they all abruptly left the court. Class act. Not a good lesson for young men to endure. Perhaps, this is one of the many reasons the coach was kicked to the curb shortly thereafter.  :o       
[/quote]Now, the comment about not shaking hands after the game is fiction.  I've been to EVERY Central district game since 2001.  They have always shook hands.  Hands were shaken even after brawls and scuffles on the court with District rival and cross town rival Ozen and the kids always shook hands.  So why is it that Central wouldn't shake Nederland's hand?  There was a reason the old coach was canned, and it had nothing to do with Nederland.  Somebody needs more facts.

Why wouldn't Central shake hands you ask? I call it poor sportsmanship on the part of a coach who didn't allow it. By the way, I did say, perhaps one of many reasons and that is not the same as saying the only reason the coach was removed. Actions can and do speak louder than words. I do find it ironic that a guy who has been to every district game in the last 10 years does not remember the first time in history Central came up short to Nederland. Is it possible you missed this one? 

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1022948" timestamp="1310073050"]
I seem to only recall the losses in the 2008-2009 and the 2009 -2010 season. 
[/quote]

What about the 2010-2011 season(this year) ???  The first loss that I know about was the 2nd meeting in district 2009.  Jordan Pitts hit the tying shot with time running out to send it to overtime and then stole the ball from Gulley as time expired in overtime with Nederland leading. That was a big win that year for Nederland to help make certain  they got to the playoffs.  Haven't lost to Central since.

This upcomming season? Yall will have size, but I don't think they will be as good as your bigs from last year.  Yall also will not have a Cunninham type player that can spread the floor or create his own shot.  I think Nederland will make the playoffs, but they will split with either Ozen or Central in the distric series.  I don't think they will win district, but they will come in as district runner up behind Ozen or Central...

Jags I agree with you on many points. First off, I believe Neds 2010 - 2011 team will be the best team English will ever coach, barring some unknown fabulous transfers in the future. You just can't replace Kelvin Smith every year. Not to mention the power game of Forney and the athleticism of Cunningham. For those who are coming on here and projecting a state appearence, I say it is nice to dream, but you are delusional. Clearly, you have not seen the top teams in 4a play. Need I remind you of Ball's domination last year against the best team Ned has ever put on the floor.

Now, with that being said, Neds next year team will be a good competitive, young team, who I see ending up no worse then 3rd in district and who will have a chance at the title if the youngsters mature quickly. Make no mistake, they have the talent to be in every game and there will be some battles with Ozen and Central. Although the new dogs won't have the speed of Cunn, the power of Forney or the pure greatness of Smith, they will offer much better team ball movement and much better outside shooting. After all, the core of this group has been playing ball together for the last 9 -10 yrs. They do know how each other plays and work well together.

Next yrs 3 Bigs will range from 6'4" to 6'6". The tallest being the Vegas transfer. Vegas, as I call him, will be a good addition to the team. He is more of a shooting forward with a nice outside shot and good ball handling skills. I have only seen him play 2 pu games, but he never drove the lane for a shot nor did he work for a rebound so I am unclear as to what he will bring inside. Weisbrod will be the best down low scoring threat. He is just hard to stop when he wants to go to the bucket. The 3rd Big is a 230lb hard pounding football player who loves when it gets rough inside. I, like you Jags, see the size, but these three play a different game than Forney and Smith.

By far the biggest obstacle, for this team, and there own worst enemy, will be their maturity. They will have to stay composed to get the job done and win district next year. The last time they played Central, in summer league, they had 4 T's called against them and just had a major meltdown. It will be an interesting year to say the least. 

Great group coming next year and will be ready to roll come time for district ;)

As far as the hand shaking part... BMTJags, I witnessed the classless act of those players being told to leave the gym and NOT shake hands.. Coach just got his kids back on the bus and left..You must have missed one district game cause you dont seem to remember that..

Last year group was great and is the best group to EVER come through Nederland, but to say it will be the best he will ever coach is just plain silly :D :D [u]Ever [/u]is a LONG time

You are correct Dogs 1218. I should have clarified last yrs team will be the best English will ever coach in Nederland. After coach's 8th grader graduates he will be looking for something much bigger than Nederland and a district champion. Keeping it real, I just don't see a state appearance in the next 5 yrs for Ned. Unless we draw some fabulous transfers to go with the group we already have. 

[quote name="aDIDBAdad" post="1023414" timestamp="1310220861"]
You are correct Dogs 1218. I should have clarified last yrs team will be the best English will ever coach in Nederland. After coach's 8th grader graduates he will be looking for something much bigger than Nederland and a district champion. Keeping it real, I just don't see a state appearance in the next 5 yrs for Ned. Unless we draw some fabulous transfers to go with the group we already have.   
[/quote]

Last years team may be the most ATHLETIC team which English will coach, but definitely NOT the best TEAM. I do agree that their maturity and Varsity experience will be their biggest obstacle, but they will be ready by seasons end to make a deep run in the playoffs. There will b inconsistency for the 1st 1/2 of the season, but they will be the best TEAM in the district by seasons end. They may not finish in 1st, but they will be the best team by the end of district. As far as English going on to bigger and better things after his youngest graduates, I believe Ur wrong there.He's invested way too much time to pack up and leave for more money, or a better chance to win a state championship. He's a Nederland guy who bleeds black and gold. Money doesn't motivate him. That's what makes him
so special.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476

• Donald Trump gets a SIX-POINT bump in approval after being found guilty on 34 counts according to snap Daily Mail poll: 'I think it was a waste of taxpayer money'!  The results showed an improvement in Trump's favorability ratings! This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The judge donated money... in plain violation of a rule prohibiting New York judges from making political donations—to a pro-Biden, anti-Trump political operation.  he knows that the guilty verdict will be over turned.  But the point was to get "convicted felon" label.  No doubt all comes from JoeBama's DOJ!  Remember, again, the 3rd man at JoeBama's DOJ left to work for Bragg during this time.  
    • This helps explain what I was getting at. Great video.     
    • See new post This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   Sentencing set 4 days before the RNC Convention to nominate Trump. This is all GREAT NEWS for & . 1) Trump Presidential victory sealed. 2) Precedent now set for Bush, Clinton, Obama arrests. 3) Overturn on Appeal guaranteed. 4) Top-to-Bottom DOJ Corruption exposed. 5) U.S. Supreme Court will be FORCED to conduct Emergency Review of “case” and make a ruling. 6) Supreme Court is a “captured” entity that fully understands they uphold the Law or individually face UCMJ Treason trial for violating their Sworn Oaths to the Constitution. 7) No civilian admirably law court can override a UCMJ protected Commander-in-Chief, no matter the amount of propaganda they use. 8) CIC Trump is untouchable. He’s simply leading the Swamp Rats to their final resting places. 9) Brunson Case verdict remains a proverbial nuclear weapon that can be deployed to eradicate the vast majority of House & Senate members for violating their sworn oaths on January 6, 2021, by unconstitutionally certifying the 2020 election without an investigation. 10) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  holds ALL THE CARDS. Watch him win it all! Election Interference is This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up .  ALL found guilty must forfeit all personal, family and corporate assets to the U.S. Treasury. This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up just won the lottery and will soon win our Republic back!
    • Can't even talk without a teleprompter!  
  • Topics