Player Hits Ref!!!!

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1011763" timestamp="1305640331"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=84325.msg1011459#msg1011459 date=1305561354]
If that was my child I would give him up after I finished beating his *** myself!!!
[/quote]

Part of the problem is there are not enough parents like you anymore.  I'm sure little Johnny's parents are saying its the refs fault and their baby is never wrong instead of dealing with the problem.
[/quote]

When my kids were in school I told them they would not always agree with a teacher, coach...etc. But if they did it was myself and my wifes job to take it up with the Admin...etc if we thought there was any merit to it. They would always show respect to an adult.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1011831" timestamp="1305644744"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=84325.msg1011763#msg1011763 date=1305640331]
If that was my child I would give him up after I finished beating his *** myself!!!
[/quote]

Part of the problem is there are not enough parents like you anymore.  I'm sure little Johnny's parents are saying its the refs fault and their baby is never wrong instead of dealing with the problem.
[/quote]

When my kids were in school I told them they would not always agree with a teacher, coach...etc. But if they did it was myself and my wifes job to take it up with the Admin...etc if we thought there was any merit to it. They would always show respect to an adult.
[/quote]Thats why its so important having a two -parent home ;)

DOVE.....
Was the Ref walking through the players when this happened?  officials know better than to give a kid an opportunity at a cheap shot...We are well aware of the dangers which seem to be more real each year.....What does this lead to? Body armour instead of stripes.....

Unfortunately this is partly the result of the me-me-me attitude of AAU basketball.Most of these kids haven't got a clue about the team concept of basketball so they take these calls as a personal attack.The first lesson this kid needs to learn is respect for authority, the second is the game is not about individuals, it's about TEAM.

[quote name="OLDREF" post="1013360" timestamp="1306076370"]
DOVE.....
Was the Ref walking through the players when this happened?  officials know better than to give a kid an opportunity at a cheap shot...We are well aware of the dangers which seem to be more real each year.....What does this lead to? Body armour instead of stripes.....
[/quote]Now that you mention it, he was walking thru the players facing the table

[quote name="whsalum" post="1013373" timestamp="1306082212"]
Unfortunately this is partly the result of the me-me-me attitude of AAU basketball.Most of these kids haven't got a clue about the team concept of basketball so they take these calls as a personal attack.The first lesson this kid needs to learn is respect for authority, the second is the game is not about individuals, it's about TEAM.
[/quote]Most kids I find with a me-me-me attitude matches the parent's attitude as well, or the kid has no parents at the game and the coach allows it.

There are alot of teams who allow the Me attitude in AAU, but fortunately I have found a team for my son who does not tolerate it.  AAU is more physical,  but that being said he was ready as a freshman for the physical play of high school Varsity ball.  And High school Varisty has helped him mature more on the court for AAU this year.  I have seen some AAU teams that really don't care about the team concept or the players as a whole, but not often.  Most of the teams I have seen are there for the kids, to teach them and get them ready for the next level. 

arTeach on.[quote name="mfd814" post="1014126" timestamp="1306357770"]
There are alot of teams who allow the Me attitude in AAU, but fortunately I have found a team for my son who does not tolerate it.  AAU is more physical,  but that being said he was ready as a freshman for the physical play of high school Varsity ball.  And High school Varisty has helped him mrent bad.ature more on the court for AAU this year.  I have seen some AAU teams that really don't care about the team concept or the players as a whole, but not often.  Most of the teams I have seen are there for the kids, to teach them and get them ready for the next level. 
[/quote]Teach on. So true.All the apples arent bad. There are good teaching organizations in AAU.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1011763" timestamp="1305640331"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sadly some parents encourage this type of behavior in their kids.

[quote name="incognito" post="1018113" timestamp="1307926141"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=84325.msg1011763#msg1011763 date=1305640331]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sadly some parents encourage this type of behavior in their kids.
[/quote]

That is sad to hear if that is true.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476

• This helps explain what I was getting at. Great video.     
    • See new post This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   Sentencing set 4 days before the RNC Convention to nominate Trump. This is all GREAT NEWS for & . 1) Trump Presidential victory sealed. 2) Precedent now set for Bush, Clinton, Obama arrests. 3) Overturn on Appeal guaranteed. 4) Top-to-Bottom DOJ Corruption exposed. 5) U.S. Supreme Court will be FORCED to conduct Emergency Review of “case” and make a ruling. 6) Supreme Court is a “captured” entity that fully understands they uphold the Law or individually face UCMJ Treason trial for violating their Sworn Oaths to the Constitution. 7) No civilian admirably law court can override a UCMJ protected Commander-in-Chief, no matter the amount of propaganda they use. 8) CIC Trump is untouchable. He’s simply leading the Swamp Rats to their final resting places. 9) Brunson Case verdict remains a proverbial nuclear weapon that can be deployed to eradicate the vast majority of House & Senate members for violating their sworn oaths on January 6, 2021, by unconstitutionally certifying the 2020 election without an investigation. 10) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  holds ALL THE CARDS. Watch him win it all! Election Interference is This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up .  ALL found guilty must forfeit all personal, family and corporate assets to the U.S. Treasury. This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up just won the lottery and will soon win our Republic back!
    • Can't even talk without a teleprompter!  
    • He almost singlehandedly saved the filibuster in the Senate by siding with the Republicans in what would have been a stupid move. 
    • 1. Presidents and Former Presidents can be impeached 2. Presidents and Former Presidents can be forced to reveal tax and business records 3. Presidents and Former Presidents lose executive privilege 4. Presidents and Former Presidents lose attorney-client privilege 5. Presidents and Former Presidents can be forced to release private phone records and text messages 6. Presidents and Former Presidents can have their homes raided by the FBI 7. Presidents and Former Presidents can be subpoenaed by partisan committees 8. Presidents and Former Presidents can be repeatedly indicted and arrested 9. Presidents and Former Presidents lose their First Amendment right to free speech 10. Presidents and Former Presidents lose the right to a jury trial 11. VP no longer has authority to question validity of disputed electoral votes 12. The losing party no longer has authority to submit contingent electors when results are disputed 13. Presidents and Former Presidents don't have Presidential Immunity BOOMERANG The reckoning is coming!   Evil always finds out.  Just ask Hitler! *Trump 2024*
  • Topics