Good Teams That Didn't Make The Playoffs?

Guest Bridge City Card

I'd have to say that I didn't PERSONALLY see any teams who were left out of the playoffs who should be there. Yes, LC-M made a run at the playoffs, but they ended up at 5-5 (as did Nederland). I'd have a hard time arguing for a .500 team to make the playoffs. I think Dayton and Central were the only 22-4A teams who have a legitimate shot at any more than one win. In our district, I think things worked out about right. I didn't see any "playoff caliber" teams who are on the outside looking in. While my heart was pulling for Orangefield to make the playoffs, I don't think they are quite there yet.

Guest CougarPride

I just feel that LCM is not there yet. If they would have would have went in instead of Ned then they would be playing BH. THat would of been a big loss to a first year 4A school. I just dont think they are that good of a team. I just think that Ozen, Vidor, LCM, PNG and NED are down this year. Each of them have that one college player, but none of them have the complete groupd of talent all around like they normally do. They are getting better though. Go BOJO

Guest CougarPride

BC no way. When you loose big to all three playoff teams that made it then you dont deserve to go. For example New Caney had a chance to make it if they beat us. We beat them 42 -21. So it shows that they were not a playoff team just like BC. WOS, SIlsbee, and Kville are just that much better.

Guest CougarPride

I feel that all of the teams representing their district this year are the right teams to do so and no other teams deserve to go becasue they couldnt get the job done in district.

i really thought we should have made it this year..things just didnt fall into place for us...injuries killed us until the last two weeks of the season. i think its a testimate of how hard the district was..if you think about it we would have took 2nd place in the old district again, but we didnt get the job done against kville when it counted. i felt it was closer than people believe because we were given several chances w/ turnovers and we just gave it right back, and doesnt make it any better when your main guy is playing on a sore ankle and w/ a kidney infection and has to pass a stone before the game. but i hope all our representatives make some noise in the postseason and prove that this WAS the toughest district in 3a. other than that i would have liked to see lcm make the playoffs

Lumberton finished 1-7 in district. How could they POSSIBLY be the best team sitting at home? They finished tied for last in district. That means that there were AT LEAST three better sit-at-home teams in that DISTRICT. The only district team that Lumberton beat was Vidor. So I'd say that not only were you not only the NOT best team left home, but not even as good as PN-G, Ozen, LC-M and probably Vidor, all of whom were also left out.

I don't necessarily think these teams are playoff-worthy teams, but more worthy than Lumberton:

LC-M

PN-G

Vidor

Ozen

Bridge City

You guys are fifth at best.

Silsbee would crush the raiders.

Lumberton was improved this year, but still one of the weaker teams in the area.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami