Dayton vs. Crosby Predictions?

KFDM COOP

whatever Crosby is playing its best football in years right now they have outscored their oponents 138-6 in the first half the last four games. We have got some players back from injury that were out earlier this season but have been back the last three games and they are instant contributers. IM still staying Crosby by 14.

Ok Pride time we lay the sword down and jump on the Cougar bandwagon and get you guys a W. I dont care if it is by one or whatever just go out and get 21 a win. :lol:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there are very few Crosby posters here but with that said Cougars I am rooting for you guys. I realize that Dayton is a very good football team but you never know what can happen on a given night... This is your chance to make a statement to the area so go and give it all you have. Your team has had a very good year and you have nothing to hang your heads about. Unlike many teams this year Crosby has a ton of kids coming back next year and will be favored to win the district next year. You are huge underdogs and no one is given you a chance. Live it up and good luck. : Lol:

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.

Dayton rolled through 22-4A with a record of 7-0. They are extremely fast on defense. The Broncos gave up a grand total of 49 points in district play while averaging 38.4 points. They are really on a roll now. The offense centers around Dugat who has seemingly been there forever. It seems like Dayton has had 3 stars on offense since 1997 now: Dakari Pearson, Lloyd Ligons, and Michael Dugat. It's debatable on who the best back in Dayton history is. Ivory Durio or Michael Dugat? That argument is for another time, but Dugat seems to have regained some quickness he lost last year. Besides the running game, the Broncos have fared really well with an efficient passing game led by sophomore Cody Green. This is the best Bronco team since 1999. Probably better than the 2003 team. They could go really far.

Crosby has really gelled recently. In the last 4 games they've outscored opponents 122-6 in the first half including a 35-6 lead on GP. Chance Casey rushed for 4 first half touchdowns vs. New Caney and surpassed 1,000 yards--and he's only a sophomore. In district, the Cougar defense allowed only 116 yards a game on the ground. They held to Barbers Hill to 44 yards on 43 carries but were without key starters on offense. In fact, they had several starters out earlier in the year but seem to be healthy now. They have a deep rotation on the defensive line with some real playmakers. They run a no-huddle spread offense and a 50 defense. They have some speed burners--2005 district champs in the 400 relay. The 2004 Crosby Freshman and J.V. teams beat Dayton. These kids are all now on Varsity.

Should be an interesting game. Crosby and Dayton generally don't like each other. Conventional wisdom says Dayton by 17, but I think it could be closer.

Last 3 meetings:

2005 Dayton 21 Crosby 3

2004 Dayton 36 Crosby 17

2003 Dayton 35 Crosby 20

Crosby has really gelled recently. In the last 4 games they've outscored opponents 122-6 in the first half including a 35-6 lead on GP. Chance Casey rushed for 4 first half touchdowns vs. New Caney and surpassed 1' date='000 yards--and he's only a sophomore. In district, the Cougar defense allowed only 116 yards a game on the ground. They held to Barbers Hill to 44 yards on 43 carries but were without key starters on offense. In fact, they had several starters out earlier in the year but seem to be healthy now. They have a deep rotation on the defensive line with some real playmakers. They run a no-huddle spread offense and a 50 defense. They have some speed burners--2005 district champs in the 400 relay. The 2004 Crosby Freshman and J.V. teams beat Dayton. These kids are all now on Varsity[/i'].

Only Crosby would lie about their kids to make them look better than Dayton. Let's look at the district track meet last year. Sprint Relay Forest Brook-42.2, Galena Park-43.11, and Dayton 43.16 (NO CROSBY)

Let's look at the 4x200: Forest Brook-1:28.7, Dayton-1:30.5, Galena Park-1:30.6, again NO CROSBY. Crosby did make it to region in the mile relay, they were just 5 seconds behind Dayton who WON the mile relay.

Now let's look at the 2004 JV and Freshmen football games. JV - Crosby kept all their sophmores on JV to win a district championship which they did, but Dayton had 6 sophmore starters on their Varsity that year. Do they really think their sophmores would have beat Dayton if Michael Dugat would have been on JV, oh that is right Dugat was getting over 2000 yards on VARSITY and nearly 30 TD's. ALong with James MAxwell and Andrew Thomas. The freshmen game. Again you are right about Crosby beating Dayton with John Gable, Dayton RB/LB on Varsity starting the next night against your Varsity with almost 100 yards and a TD. So before we start talking about how Crosby beat Dayton in 2004 let's let everyone know the facts. But you are exactly correct Crosby did beat Dayton that year.

Let's look at last year since you went back 2 years on us. Dayton JV beat Crosby by 3 tds's and the Freshmen beat Crosby by 2 td's. THe JV played with some sophmore startes that were on Varsity just like Crsoby did I am sure.

Sorry to spoil your Crosby "truths" but let's not try and deceive people that you should beat Dayton because of what happened on Freshmen and JV TWO years ago. And let's not lie about their speed at a district track meet where they took one relay to regionals and that was the mile relay.

Crosby is a good team and they do have good team speed. But they do not need you to get on here and try and make them something they are not with lies.

:lol: etbu' date=' you crack me up...enough said... :lol:

GO BRONCOS!

GO EAGLES!

GO BULLDOGS!

:wink:[/quote']

Pride did I miss something? I am glad that I could "Minister" to you. :shock: Just rooting for a district brother and did not realize that I jumped off into a FIRE FIGHT. Anyway good luck Crosby.

Dayton rolled through 22-4A with a record of 7-0. They are extremely fast on defense. The Broncos gave up a grand total of 49 points in district play while averaging 38.4 points. They are really on a roll now. The offense centers around Dugat who has seemingly been there forever. It seems like Dayton has had 3 stars on offense since 1997 now: Dakari Pearson' date=' Lloyd Ligons, and Michael Dugat. It's debatable on who the best back in Dayton history is. Ivory Durio or Michael Dugat? That argument is for another time, but Dugat seems to have regained some quickness he lost last year. Besides the running game, the Broncos have fared really well with an efficient passing game led by sophomore Cody Green. This is the best Bronco team since 1999. Probably better than the 2003 team. They could go really far.

Crosby has really gelled recently. In the last 4 games they've outscored opponents 122-6 in the first half including a 35-6 lead on GP. Chance Casey rushed for 4 first half touchdowns vs. New Caney and surpassed 1,000 yards--and he's only a sophomore. In district, the Cougar defense allowed only 116 yards a game on the ground. They held to Barbers Hill to 44 yards on 43 carries but were without key starters on offense. In fact, they had several starters out earlier in the year but seem to be healthy now. They have a deep rotation on the defensive line with some real playmakers. They run a no-huddle spread offense and a 50 defense. They have some speed burners--2005 district champs in the 400 relay. The 2004 Crosby Freshman and J.V. teams beat Dayton. These kids are all now on Varsity.

Should be an interesting game. Crosby and Dayton generally don't like each other. Conventional wisdom says Dayton by 17, but I think it could be closer.

Last 3 meetings:

2005 Dayton 21 Crosby 3

2004 Dayton 36 Crosby 17

2003 Dayton 35 Crosby 20[/quote']

OH my, that Durio kid was freaking fast.......... :shock: :shock: I remember his name VERY well....at least the back of his jersey.... :shock: Dugat might be a harder runner, but not the speed of that Durio kid........ :shock: :shock:

Guest PurplePride

:shock: A FIRE FIGHT??? WHERE? :shock:

If your waiting on me to argue with you, you are in for a LONG WAIT! I NEVER argue with anyone! :wink:

I go from board to board reading and saying "you crack me up" means that your posts make me smile! You should be GLAD and take it as a compliment! :wink: I enjoy seeing how you back your teams, just like I do! :D

Okay, I will say your posts make me sad :cry: ..do you feel better? Just KIDDING! No, I am picking with you, I am sure you thought I meant it sarcastic, I assure you that I didn't. You AND SEVERAL OTHERS "crack me up" with some of your posts, no uglyness (a word?) intended. When I decide to be ugly.......yall will know it! :twisted: haha! :D

GO BRONCOS!

GO EAGLES!

GO BULLDOGS!

:D:D:D

:shock: A FIRE FIGHT??? WHERE? :shock:

If your waiting on me to argue with you' date=' you are in for a LONG WAIT! I NEVER argue with anyone! :wink:

I go from board to board reading and saying "you crack me up" means that your posts make me smile! You should be GLAD and take it as a compliment! :wink: I enjoy seeing how you back your teams, just like I do! :D

Okay, I will say your posts make me sad :cry: ..do you feel better? Just KIDDING! No, I am picking with you, I am sure you thought I meant it sarcastic, I assure you that I didn't. You AND SEVERAL OTHERS "crack me up" with some of your posts, no uglyness (a word?) intended. When I decide to be ugly.......yall will know it! :twisted: haha! :D

GO BRONCOS!

GO EAGLES!

GO BULLDOGS!

:D:D:D[/quote']

Fair enough Pride and good luck to the Broncos. Just hope everyone has a great time and wish I could attend. On a different note I am glad that former Dayton Coaches Jones and DeBerry are now here on staff here in Huffman. I have a son that plays for Coach Jones and a daughter that has Coach DeBerry for a teacher. Both are quality Coaches and men.

Let me get this straight!! your picking Central to beat BH by 34 points on our thread while Dayton beat Central. Then although BH owned yall your going to beat Dayton by 14 and go three rounds?!!!

Hmmmmm Dayton I posted this pic on our thread check out #12 for the coogs :lol: there not that scary after throwing them to the field!!!

no64CSwartvsCrosby.jpg

wow looks like the punter got laid out

Where are all the Crosby posters? Is there a lock down in Cougar town about the game this week? I have been rooting for you guys this week at least you can come out and play. :lol: Cougarpride where you are?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder