1st Round Playoffs Newton Vs Buna Whats the Pick?

Newton is a good team thats true but yall are underestimating Buna Big Time! We are playing with alot of confidence right now going from a 0-9 record to a 7-3 record. We have some talented players and some hard workers who go W.A.O every play. Nomatter what I am proud of all the players.

Buna-28

Newton-26

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DP#1Fan don't waste your time on Mr. Hyde, he's just another kid talking trash. Him and 44Stack have a Deweyville fixation problem. Instead of enjoying or praising your team or school, all they do is trash talk and put down others, others on this board see kids like this and recognize who, and what they are. Sad. Good luck to both Newton and Buna, they both deserve to be here.

Guest EagleFan01

Newton is a good team thats true but yall are underestimating Buna Big Time! We are playing with alot of confidence right now going from a 0-9 record to a 7-3 record. We have some talented players and some hard workers who go W.A.O every play. Nomatter what I am proud of all the players.

Buna-28

Newton-26

Ha ha love the prediction!!!!!! Newton in total domination of this game.... Buna has no chance to win this game, Newton is stronger, faster, and has better footballs players and a better staff.

Newton 50

Buna 13

I think Newton is going to come in with more experience in the playoffs, but Buna is going to come in with a lot of momentum just for making it to the playoffs. Buna is going to show up. I think this one is going to come down to how good Buna's defense will do.

Newton-34

Buna-14

Buna's defense had an excellent game against deweyville a couple weeks ago by stopping a 2000 yard rusherfor the year by stopping him at just 62. Last friday against Warren they got off to a slow start but picked it up at half by shutting down a physical warren offense. If they play with the same intensity as they did in the last few games they will come out on top. Barbay, though is an excellent coach when it comes to pressure but Buna's staff aint bad. I think Buna's gunna upset the eagles for the first time in a while in Buna High history.

Buna-35

Newton-32

yall buna has been the underdogs in every game this year because of our record 9-0 last year. well this aint last year we have gone 7-3 because of some of the outstanding players we got this year. we are bigger faster and stronger than we were last year. so i think buna will come out on top in this one.

Buna 21

Newton 20

Guest Eagle'73

Newton is not as experienced as in past years, but have speed, speed, and speed with scat right and scat left. Throw in Coach Barbay and Coach Thompson, both State Champion Head Coaches at Newton, and I see Newton by three touchdowns, no more, because Coach Barbay will not run up the score on opponents. Can't hardly wait for Friday night!

I gotta give credit where credit is due. Newton is the defending state champs. But this thing is getting way out of proportion. The biggest thing that newton has over buna is not speed, not size but intimidation. all i've ever heard growing up is newton this, barbay that. man they're just a team full of high school boys like every other team in the state. buna needs to come out and play like they are playing Deweyville or Warren and not even think about who their opponent is. in texas high school football anybody can beat anybody any given night and i am a firm believer in that. if buna plays to their full potential and newton makes the mistake of overlooking them or doesn't execute then buna's gonna get the win.

Buna 28

Newton 21

Buna shocks the world friday night boys. period.

"it's not an upset if the underdog never believes themself to be underdogs"

I gotta give credit where credit is due. Newton is the defending state champs. But this thing is getting way out of proportion. The biggest thing that newton has over buna is not speed' date=' not size but intimidation. all i've ever heard growing up is newton this, barbay that. man they're just a team full of high school boys like every other team in the state. buna needs to come out and play like they are playing Deweyville or Warren and not even think about who their opponent is. in texas high school football anybody can beat anybody any given night and i am a firm believer in that. if buna plays to their full potential and newton makes the mistake of overlooking them or doesn't execute then buna's gonna get the win.

Buna 28

Newton 21

Buna shocks the world friday night boys. period.

"it's not an upset if the underdog never believes themself to be underdogs"[/quote']Reputation and intimidation are earned for a reason. I will admit that Newton is not the shock and awe team of the last 2 yrs, the awe part is now at McNeese, but the shock is still here.

Guest EagleFan01

You guys are smoking some serious stuff.... Are yall trying to compare to Newton to Deweyville and Warren no I don't think so guys. They are not even close to the caliber team of Newton... We are winners year in and year out.... So what you had a couple wins against some teams that win every once in a while so come on lets all be realistic Newton will win this game hands down. Newton will whipe the floor with Buna..... So you cougar fans should just enjoy the playoff berth and get ready for basketball season cause this is your last week to play football..... Newton will put up atleast 45 points on Buna.... Oh yeah and on the shutting down Deweyville's running back that yall did but we are a more balanced team with 5 different runningbacks that can break on you at any given time.... Newton is a better team all around....

Does anyone realize he did not compare newton to deweyvill or warren all he was saying was just that buna doesn't need to worry about who they are playing and just play. as long as everyone is doing their best its going to be a good game. That's great that everyone is putting newton on a pedestal on here but it sure as heck aint happenin in Buna Tx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were gonna come out and play to win! Newton doesn't scare us, they are 15-18 year old boys playing the same game we are! I think we should just wait until saturday morning to start saying who won or lost!

even though I pick Newton to win, as Coach Brack says every game...You can only play 11 players at a time and the field is 100 yrds for everybody. any team can win at any given time....but this time I have to pick Newton by 21 :shock:

Do we have to wait till saturday , cant we start friday at about 11:00 or so :D:lol: :wink:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder