LU Football Makes Another Schedule Change

[quote name="AJ25" post="996422" timestamp="1302646220"]
TC also got beat by like 90 at SFA last year.. Woodard is just looking for W's and a stat building game to build confidence leading into the season, and he got it.
[/quote]

And yet Roc got lambasted for it? I can see scheduling 2 sub-DI teams, but 2? Tsk Tsk.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="996451" timestamp="1302650393"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=83032.msg996422#msg996422 date=1302646220]
TC also got beat by like 90 at SFA last year.. Woodard is just looking for W's and a stat building game to build confidence leading into the season, and he got it.
[/quote]

And yet Roc got lambasted for it? I can see scheduling 2 sub-DI teams, but 2? Tsk Tsk.
[/quote]

The basketball team also was not in it's [b]Second[/b] year of existence when Roc was doing this. The basketball team has been around for decades and should be completely ready to go every year with no excuses. Football wise, you're talking about still trying to convince fans why they should stick around every year.. While also building players' confidences. It makes a whole lot more sense to do this for a second year program at LU as compared to a program with history.

I can't blame Woodard for this one. He was lucky to just get a game. I had a friend that played college football a few years ago. His team had a similar situation happen to them, with a team dropping a September game in March. They scrambled for over a month trying to find a replacement game, any replacement. They ended up having to take a game in LA against a team team 2 classes above them. The money they got from the game barely covered the flight and hotel costs of the trip. Woodard was lucky to get any game much less a home game. No way anyone could expect him to pull a DI school on that short of notice.

[quote name="UNLV" post="996566" timestamp="1302659700"]
Woodard and Tidwell claim no contact with the WAC. Maybe they are talking to a NAIA conference.

GAWD, No way would the WAC allow a member to play a NAIA or at a FCS. Is this Lamar saying no FBS?
[/quote]

Lamar and SHSU to the WAC in 2013!

[quote name="UNLV" post="996566" timestamp="1302659700"]
Woodard and Tidwell claim no contact with the WAC. Maybe they are talking to a NAIA conference.

GAWD, No way would the WAC allow a member to play a NAIA or at a FCS. Is this Lamar saying no FBS?
[/quote]

Because he had a couple months to find a fill game when most schools make schedules [b]at least[/b] one year before the start of the season?! Sorry he wasn't able to get a D1 or solid D2 in quick enough time..? Those programs have the games they want already.

[quote name="coachacola" post="996579" timestamp="1302660287"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=83032.msg996566#msg996566 date=1302659700]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And where did you get THAT information? I feel like there's a new WAC comment every few days.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="996640" timestamp="1302664280"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=83032.msg996579#msg996579 date=1302660287]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=83032.msg996566#msg996566 date=1302659700]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And where did you get THAT information? I feel like there's a new WAC comment every few days.
[/quote]

Just having fun.  But there's some good threads over on bobcatreport.com talking about the WAC, SBC, SHSU, LU and other related stuff.

[quote name="coachacola" post="996649" timestamp="1302664720"]

Just having fun.  But there's some good threads over on bobcatreport.com talking about the WAC, SBC, SHSU, LU and other related stuff.
[/quote]

I try to stay away from just about anything Bobcat related, those guys have major ego issues.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="996845" timestamp="1302707231"]
This sucks.  This team probably couldn't beat West Brook, Memorial, Central or PNG.  Better change the scheduling philosphy fast or the fan base will dwindle.  When it was announced that LU was bringing football back, the excited fan base wasn't imagining games against Texas College I can promise you.
[/quote]

Just make all the opening game flyers as LAMAR vs. TEXAS and see how many people show up. Just leave off the college ;)

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="996845" timestamp="1302707231"]
This sucks.  This team probably couldn't beat West Brook, Memorial, Central or PNG.  Better change the scheduling philosphy fast or the fan base will dwindle.  When it was announced that LU was bringing football back, the excited fan base wasn't imagining games against Texas College I can promise you.
[/quote]

You need to accept who we are. We are a 2nd year program that went 5-6 last year and only beat 2 FCS teams. We have to remain patient, good teams aren't going to want to come here unless we're a worthy opponent.

[quote name="mffl" post="997140" timestamp="1302750849"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=83032.msg996845#msg996845 date=1302707231]
[/quote]

You need to accept who we are. We are a 2nd year program that went 5-6 last year and only beat 2 FCS teams. We have to remain patient, good teams aren't going to want to come here unless we're a worthy opponent.
[/quote]How will the program grow if we only learn to beat NAIA. We dropped a FCS, South Dakota, for a NAIA.

[quote name="mffl" post="997140" timestamp="1302750849"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=83032.msg996845#msg996845 date=1302707231]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your preaching to the choir, but, I know pretty darn well the mentality of "Joe Southeast Texan" and in spite of our being patient and our desire for "Joe" to be patient, it aint going to happen.  When you get to year 3 & 4 and the schedule it littered with Texas College and Incarnate Word, it will be just you and I sitting in the stands.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="997312" timestamp="1302798254"]
[quote author=mffl link=topic=83032.msg997140#msg997140 date=1302750849]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your preaching to the choir, but, I know pretty darn well the mentality of "Joe Southeast Texan" and in spite of our being patient and our desire for "Joe" to be patient, it aint going to happen.  When you get to year 3 & 4 and the schedule it littered with Texas College and Incarnate Word, it will be just you and I sitting in the stands.
[/quote]

Agreed, but it's not year 3 or 4 yet. I want us to be as big time as you do, but we aren't yet. We are in the Southland Conference, competing for a conference championship for the first time in over 20 years. On top of that, you normally schedule football opponents years in advance.

I'm sure Coach Woodard could get just about anybody to schedule him with this, "Hey we're starting up a program in Beaumont at Lamar, and we'll be a member of the prestigious Southland Conference.. wanna play?"

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="997312" timestamp="1302798254"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you guys are a joke..langston dropped em, had to pick up ANYBODY..kinda like LU hosing SD...what comes around goes around...

lessee..aTm, baylor hawaii, okie st on future schedules...

2nd year and y'all are bitchin like old women

[quote name="puddin tane" post="997467" timestamp="1302817194"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=83032.msg997312#msg997312 date=1302798254]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you guys are a joke..langston dropped em, had to pick up ANYBODY..kinda like LU hosing SD...what comes around goes around...

lessee..aTm, baylor hawaii, okie st on future schedules...

2nd year and y'all are bitchin like old women
[/quote]

Typical puddin post! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami