Beaumont Enterprise 2011 Super Gold Teams

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="995725" timestamp="1302540369"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=82957.msg995719#msg995719 date=1302539714]
I really don't think anyone is argueing that Brian should not be COY, but don't belittle what Laurance has done at Evadale and don't say he is hating on Nederland because that is not the case.

It just sounded like this manager dude has a personal axe to grind with Coach L and has nothing to do with who should be COY.
[/quote]

I don't know what his personal issue is with him. I'll give Coach L respect if he does something more than one season. Not sure if his kids had lots of talent or what. I just know he did NOTHING for the Nederland program when he was there. Hardwood-he did NOT prepare any of these kids to get where they are today. Coach E is the one who coached them during little dribblers, etc and implemented a winning attitude, along with their work ethic and dedication to the program...
[/quote]

I usually agree with you but not on this.  Coach Williams did a great job with Jacob, Chris, and Dionte, when they were at Central MS.  He did teach them a thing or two about basketball.  Finally, there has not been a coach that both my boys played for, that cared more or treated them more fairly than Coach Williams and that includes Coach E.    Coach E. should be COY but Coach Williams deserves more respect than he is being given.

Steven Pitts

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="995632" timestamp="1302527679"]
Where has Coach L hated on Nederland? I have not seen him post on this forum.

#1 Manager is reaching.
[/quote]

I respect Coach L  ALOT!!!!  but its just a personal comment that he told me too my face this year, that got me angry, he has done amazing things throughout his career and i still think he is a great man and a great coach!!!!!  One of the Best People i have ever known, Sorry for getting all this started.  CONGRATS Coach L  on an OUTSTANDING SEASON!!!!!!!

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="997022" timestamp="1302727623"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=82957.msg995725#msg995725 date=1302540369]
I really don't think anyone is argueing that Brian should not be COY, but don't belittle what Laurance has done at Evadale and don't say he is hating on Nederland because that is not the case.

It just sounded like this manager dude has a personal axe to grind with Coach L and has nothing to do with who should be COY.
[/quote]

I don't know what his personal issue is with him. I'll give Coach L respect if he does something more than one season. Not sure if his kids had lots of talent or what. I just know he did NOTHING for the Nederland
program when he was there. Hardwood-he did NOT prepare any of these kids to get where they are today. Coach E is the one who coached them during little dribblers, etc and implemented a winning attitude, along with their work ethic and dedication to the program...
[/quote]

I usually agree with you but not on this.  Coach Williams did a great job with Jacob, Chris, and Dionte,
when they were at Central MS.  He did teach them a thing or two about basketball.  Finally, there has not been a coach that both my boys played for, that cared more or treated them more fairly than Coach Williams and that includes Coach E.    Coach E. should be COY but Coach Williams deserves more respect than he is being given.

Steven Pitts

Sorry Steven-
Maybe I should have been more clear. I never claimed he didn't care or didn't treat them fairly. I don't know him on that level. When I stated he did nothing for the program, I was more referring to winning, the desire to be the best, and the belief that anything is possible. Maybe I was not fair to him in some of my statements, because I only watched his program from a distance while I lived out of the country. All I ever heard from others during that time was that Nederland had plenty of talent, but didn't know how to win.
Respectfully.
[/quote]

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="997022" timestamp="1302727623"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=82957.msg995725#msg995725 date=1302540369]

[/quote]

I don't know what his personal issue is with him. I'll give Coach L respect if he does something more than one season. Not sure if his kids had lots of talent or what. I just know he did NOTHING for the Nederland
program when he was there. Hardwood-he did NOT prepare any of these kids to get where they are today. Coach E is the one who coached them during little dribblers, etc and implemented a winning attitude, along with their work ethic and dedication to the program...
[/quote]

I usually agree with you but not on this.  Coach Williams did a great job with Jacob, Chris, and Dionte, when they were at Central MS.  He did teach them a thing or two about basketball.  Finally, there has not been a coach that both my boys played for, that cared more or treated them more fairly than Coach
Williams and that includes Coach E.    Coach E. should be COY but Coach Williams deserves more respect than he is being given.

Steven Pitts
[/quote]

BTW-I see where Jacob and the Dawgs baseball team are kicking some butte! Congrats!

[quote name="whsalum" post="997456" timestamp="1302815392"]
There will always be differences of opinion but I gotta give some props to 2 small school players.Sells from Woodville and Whittacre from Spurger were 2 of the very best small school players in the area this year.
[/quote] Well I did not get to see Sells play, but George is Diffently one of the best players in this area, but I think that when he got hurt early in the year it hurt his numbers early, But I just hope some one gives the kid a chance to play at the next level.

Unfortunately not many college prospects in the area this year.Whittacre was a very good high school player but unfortunately he is probably a tweener.He isn't big enough to play the post at the college level and doesn't have the skill set to play outside. Sells was the engine that made Woodville go this season and I would probably have him in my top 10 local players this season.All that being said both were very deserving of recognition for the season they had.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont