Baytown Lee College Baseball

Baytown Lee College has a baseball travel team trying to be ready in playing in the Lonestar Conference next year.They need some scrimmages to see where they stand.If you know of any teams willing to scrimmage.I know its hard right now but maybe we can get these kids some games to get ready...It has been a long time coming to bring college baseball back to Baytown.Let me know please.

Guest Ranger83
As I understand it, this would be a "club" team that is not funded by the college. Is that correct?
If so, who exactlly would they be playing?

Not yet funded.....I really don't know they will be playing yet.They had a game scheduled with a school with a club team out of friendswood.They just need some scrimmages right now and its a test year the way I see it.If they do good and keep kids playing it looks as if Lee College will start funding...That's word from some people from Lee College....

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="992724" timestamp="1301942560"]
As of now they have the horrible field at Highlands sports complex...
[/quote]

Ouch!

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="992724" timestamp="1301942560"]
As of now they have the horrible field at Highlands sports complex...
[/quote]
Might try getting a hold of BTBA. The Colt field at Jenkins Park is in great shape and is the old Lee College field anyway. The city has made improvements in the last two months including covered seating and cement walkways. I believe Doc Planty has a deal in place for use of the fields for Knights Baseball during the Pony off season. Pony games are on Tuesdays and Fridays and only use the Colt field for 6:00 games. I believe there still is an old Pitching rubber at 60'6" in place on the Colt field. They are using the 54' rubber now.

• 2 months later...
So, any more info on this topic?  I hear some rumors (but thats all they are as far as I know), but only from ballplayers.  I haven't heard anything from Lee's Board of Director's at all.  Although I did hear a rumor that a coach was going to be interviewed last week.  Any truth to that?

Gee, please post any upcoming game times etc. for this team.  I'd like to come out and whatch'em.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83