Does this mean Lamar is not joining the WAC?

[quote name="UNLV" post="991447" timestamp="1301675830"]
http://www.utsatailgaters.com/other/articles/exclusive-qa-wlamars-ad
[/quote]

In the mean time, it sounds like it. I see the Sunbelt as a more likely landing spot for Lamar in the future. It would be much easier on traveling especially.

Tidwell says "I have had no contact with any sources from the Western Athletic Conference. No phone calls or face to face contact."  He doesn't say if anyone else connected with Lamar has had contact with the WAC.  I would think Tubbs and/or Simmons would be the ones working behind the scenes with the WAC, not Tidwell.

[quote name="coachacola" post="991500" timestamp="1301681057"]
Tidwell says "I have had no contact with any sources from the Western Athletic Conference. No phone calls or face to face contact."  He doesn't say if anyone else connected with Lamar has had contact with the WAC.  I would think Tubbs and/or Simmons would be the ones working behind the scenes with the WAC, not Tidwell.
[/quote]

No way! There's no way you leave out the AD in talks like that.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="991504" timestamp="1301681658"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=82542.msg991500#msg991500 date=1301681057]
[/quote]

No way! There's no way you leave out the AD in talks like that.
[/quote]

I have no idea if anyone at Lamar has talked to the WAC, but Tidwell until recently was the interim AD and he's been busy with women's BB team.  Of course Tidwell wouldn't be left out of the loop, but Tidwell wouldn't have to be the one who talks to Benson since Simmons would have the final say if Lamar joins the WAC or not.  Tidwell would need to let Simmons know if they can afford to go to the WAC or not.  And since Lamar likes to do things quietly then I could see Tubbs or someone else secretly talking to the WAC while Tidwell publicly says Lamar is happy in the SLC.

If this isn't "public relations" babble by Tidwell, then this is a definate reason why he doesn't need to be the AD!  He doesn't think big enough.  He is a great women coach and I wouldn't take anything away from him on that.  We need a big thinker as AD.  If we move to the WAC, Tidwell the coach I believe will rise to the occassion.  I am good with that!  Tidwell the AD is perfectly satisfied in the SLC.  I am definately not good with that!!!!!

I don't read much of anything in to this.  What's he gonna do - come out and say we're throwing all our eggs in the WAC basket?  If it doesn't happen - he and the school look pretty bad.  Good poker players play their cards closer to their vests. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83