Crosby vs. Goose Creek Memorial Game Thread/GC Memorial wins/Comments

[quote name="PnutZnKrakerjakS" post="990716" timestamp="1301513682"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=82451.msg990416#msg990416 date=1301492038]
100 pitches for a high school pitcher is not that many, when you get to 110+ then you worry about a kids arm.... I have seen coaches pitch a kid 170+..GCM vs Crosby last year.. that seemed crazy to me...
Gabby's arm is better... he had a sore arm early in the year but is fine now... and has had low pitch counts all year... GCM just hit the ball... Good Job GCM..
As for bring in Herbert, maybe they need him for friday?? which is worse.. letting a kid pitch 110 pitches (which is not that high) or pitching a kid in back to back games???

[/quote]

You guys that think 100 pitches ain't that many or there is a difference between 100 and 110 should be high school coaches.  Many a high school talent has been ruined by coaches that didn't respect a good arm.  Ask a pitcher that has been overthrown after the game how his arm feels and he can clarify that for you.  The pros start to get concerned after 90 even if the pitcher is still showing control because they have so much money riding on them. They realized they were shortening the lifespan of their pitching talent years ago and started getting smarter.
[/quote]
Coldn't agree more, 100 pitches is certanly not to be taken lightly.  Some high school coaches don't agree as I am sure you have seen.

[quote name="juskillenit89" post="990834" timestamp="1301535396"]
[quote author=PnutZnKrakerjakS link=topic=82451.msg990716#msg990716 date=1301513682]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=82451.msg990416#msg990416 date=1301492038]
100 pitches for a high school pitcher is not that many, when you get to 110+ then you worry about a kids arm.... I have seen coaches pitch a kid 170+..GCM vs Crosby last year.. that seemed crazy to me...
Gabby's arm is better... he had a sore arm early in the year but is fine now... and has had low pitch counts all year... GCM just hit the ball... Good Job GCM..
As for bring in Herbert, maybe they need him for friday?? which is worse[size=16pt][b].. letting a kid pitch 110 pitches (which is not that high)[/b][/size] or pitching a kid in back to back games???

[/quote]

You guys that think 100 pitches ain't that many or there is a difference between 100 and 110 should be high school coaches.  Many a high school talent has been ruined by coaches that didn't respect a good arm.  Ask a pitcher that has been overthrown after the game how his arm feels and he can clarify that for you.  The pros start to get concerned after 90 even if the pitcher is still showing control because they have so much money riding on them. They realized they were shortening the lifespan of their pitching talent years ago and started getting smarter.
[/quote]
Coldn't agree more, 100 pitches is certanly not to be taken lightly.  Some high school coaches don't agree as I am sure you have seen.
[/quote]
You are right about that!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed