Anahuac vs. Deweyville Game Thread/Anahuac wins/Comments

[quote name="pirate supporter" post="990802" timestamp="1301528324"]
WOW!! What happened to the Pirates in this one??
[/quote]
Well it was good hitting by the Panthers, so far this is the best hitting team the Pirates have played, congrats to the Panthers.  The Pirates continue to make errors, mental, base running and fielding errors that have put them and their pitchers constantly playing catch up.  This is a young team, I believe only 2 seniors so hopefully they will improve, however, at this point of the season, they are still making the same mistakes and will continue to struggle until they correct the errors.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="990761" timestamp="1301519546"]
Here is why I asked Mr.Ump for an opinion.  I got this from the UIL baseball plan:

(d) TIES IN DISTRICT AND NON-DISTRICT GAMES. Unless otherwise specified by district
minutes prior to the beginning of season, a regulation district or non-district game called with a
tie score after five innings have been played (and a winner cannot be determined) shall be
counted as one-half game won and one-half game lost for each team. The game shall not be
replayed provided five innings have been completed. [b]If five innings have not been completed,
the game shall be replayed from the start.[/b]
[/quote]

From everything I have been told in the past, UIL rules for regular season games should be followed. As umpires, it is only our call to stop a game for weather. It is not up to us to tell the schools how they should proceed as UIL rules are suppose to be used. It could be up to the district committee to make a call about what to do. I do know that regular season games and playoff games are handled different. Playoff games resume where they left off, while a regular season game can be final after 4 1/2 innings due to weather.

[quote name="athlete" post="990951" timestamp="1301576733"]
Way to go Colton Laskoskie for your Grand Slam and Caleb Winslow for your homerun!!!  Way to hit!!  Good job on the mound Nathan Myers and Cody Johnson!  Way to play Panthers!!
[/quote]
Very good team, I believe 14 seniors, they hit the ball very well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor