Hardin vs. Kountze Game Thread/Kountze wins/Comments

Hardin is up 9 to 6 in the top of the 6th or 7th with a weather delay... Doesnt look like this one will be finished but I will say this... A Kountze player hit a foul ball that came off the bat and hit him in the face... while he was on the ground The Hardin infield not one time got down on a knee.... correct me if im wrong but arent you suppose to take a knee when a player from the other team is hurt??

travis hoke for tha first 4 or 5 inn.. then colby price pitched like a half a inn... Hardin hit tha ball good off price but there were 2 routine errors made by 2nd base that allowed the inning to continue... Cade deaver came in after that and was doin great.... Kountze had like 3 double plays in the game also.

[quote name="utfan06" post="990101" timestamp="1301448023"]
Hardin is up 9 to 6 in the top of the 6th or 7th with a weather delay... Doesnt look like this one will be finished but I will say this... A Kountze player hit a foul ball that came off the bat and hit him in the face... while he was on the ground The Hardin infield not one time got down on a knee.... correct me if im wrong but arent you suppose to take a knee when a player from the other team is hurt??
[/quote]

Taking a knee would be the right thing to do, but its not as common in baseball as it is in football. I can't remember anyone taking a knee for one of our players or us taking a knee for them, when I played!

[quote name="3apantherfan" post="990241" timestamp="1301454604"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=82432.msg990101#msg990101 date=1301448023]
[/quote]

Taking a knee would be the right thing to do, but its not as common in baseball as it is in football. I can't remember anyone taking a knee for one of our players or us taking a knee for them, when I played!
[/quote]

When we played Hardin in football they don't take a knee then either !! Also, those are some foul mouthed boys and disrespectful as well !! This is the team that has the player that got in one of our coaches face and was screaming at him !! Horrible sportsmanship.

[quote name="3apantherfan" post="990241" timestamp="1301454604"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=82432.msg990101#msg990101 date=1301448023]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well the sad thing is Hardin doesn't take a knee in football either !!  I remember playing them in football and they stood there when we had a player down.  I have it on film.  The point of taking a knee is a sign of respect for a fellow player.  It shows good sportsmanship and I think it should be done.  As a parent there is nothing worse than sitting in the stands and watching you son laying flat on his back and not moving.  This player was hit in the head and when he tried to get up his knees gave out.  He had to be taken to the emergency room.   To me it is a very important lesson to teach our children and players.  I think if a player makes a good play or has a good hit that all fans should tell the player good job !!  That is how we teach our children !!  Seriously if you love the game of baseball you commend all good plays and hits and you show respect for all the players on that field no matter what side you are on !!  Ok I am getting off my soapbox !!  Good game Kountze !!  Came from behind three times to take the game !!  That is what I call digging in and playing ball !!  Good to see them work so hard together !

When we played Hardin in football they don't take a knee then either !! Also, those are some foul mouthed boys and disrespectful as well !! [b][size=14pt][u]This is the team that has the player that got in one of our coaches face and was screaming at him !![/u] [/size][/b] Horrible sportsmanship.
[/quote]

I'm just curious when this took place and where???

[quote name="sfa_wolverines" post="991305" timestamp="1301629084"]

When we played Hardin in football they don't take a knee then either !! Also, those are some foul mouthed boys and disrespectful as well !! [b][size=14pt][u]This is the team that has the player that got in one of our coaches face and was screaming at him !![/u] [/size][/b] Horrible sportsmanship.
[/quote]

I'm just curious when this took place and where???
[/quote]

This year during football.  The player had to be told to go back to his sideline.  Not good if you ask me. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder