Deweyville @ Evadale/Evadale wins/Comments

[quote name="Hookem17" post="988805" timestamp="1301174071"]
Wow!  It looks like both teams were saving their pitching for Tuesday night.  Glad to see Evadale put some runs on the board.
[/quote]

It is in games like this that you get the pitchers who don't normally pitch during the week some work. This is especially true for Evadale as they didn't have the luxury of the tournaments to do that.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="988812" timestamp="1301175415"]
[quote author=Hookem17 link=topic=82309.msg988805#msg988805 date=1301174071]
Wow!  It looks like both teams were saving their pitching for Tuesday night.  Glad to see Evadale put some runs on the board.
[/quote]

It is in games like this that you get the pitchers who don't normally pitch during the week some work. This is especially true for Evadale as they didn't have the luxury of the tournaments to do that.
[/quote]The Rebs brought in their #5 pitcher to start the 5th, the wheels came off and they brought in #6, that was no better so sure enough here came #7.  WOS Grad is correct, Evadale went REAL deep to get some pitchers some work and IMO, a couple of those my not get back to the mound.
At any rate, I'm glad the Rebel bats were hot all game and if they get in a tough game and stick with their top 4 pitchers, they'll be fine.

Good job to the Pirates for keeping their heads in the game.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="988812" timestamp="1301175415"]
[quote author=Hookem17 link=topic=82309.msg988805#msg988805 date=1301174071]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Absolutely, #3 pitcher for the Pirates started and the 2nd pitcher for the Pirates has pitched for the JV not varsity but he does play RF on the varsity both got good work in.  The Pirates pulled up the RF from JV and he got some work also, all in all good day at the park, Pirates did committ 9 or 10 errors which isn't good but they will get better.

The Rebels certainly needed the work today. You might think that allowing the Pirates to get back into this one was not so good, but this kind of game reminds me of the non districk portion of the Rebel basketball teams schedule. They played bigger schools and played they tough it made them a better team later in the year.

The Rebels got to work five pitchers and played 14 or 15 players today. As one other post pointed out the Rebels did not get teh tournaments that other teams got at the start of the baseball season so they are needing all the work they can get in. The 18 runs was very impressive and it can be said that the 2 of the 5 pitchers (Franklin and Tucker) had no hit the Pirates threw four innings. I hand it to the Pirates for taking advantage when they got their shot, but the Rebels not only took the body blow they threw they punched back and won by five runs.

So to the Rebels if was a good outing that will help down the road. You can learn from some of the trouble spots and make your corrections. Franklin went deep twice and Tucker once for a grand slam. The bunt game looked good advancing runners and even scoring on a suicide squeze. Players got work in different places on the diamond and you had to battle. It was a good day and only one of many still to come.

I was also impressed with the Pirates and the way they never let up. Being down 15 -0 and on the brink of the game beingover after 5 innings they never quit and made a game of it. I know that they have beaten Buna and in the district they are playing in it could be an team going to the playoffs, so good luck to you all.

Now its back to district and taking care of Rebel business and that is winning games one at a time . The goal is still out ther and you guys know what that is so keep focused and play the way we all know that you can!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics