No Southland Visit To Ford Arena Planned yet

If anyone thinks it will be any place other than Frisco, you are off your rocker!

This conference should go back to higher seeds venue. It is ridiculous for any Low Major conference that is only getting one bid no matter what the records are to be having a conference tourney that doesn't benefit the teams that played the best over the 16 game schedule. Every other year this conference sends a 16 seed for the slaughter leaving a 14 or 15 seed that could have an upset out in the cold. What good does that do the SLC??

[quote name="badndn" post="986634" timestamp="1300799287"]
If anyone thinks it will be any place other than Frisco, you are off your rocker!

This conference should go back to higher seeds venue. It is ridiculous for any Low Major conference that is only getting one bid no matter what the records are to be having a conference tourney that doesn't benefit the teams that played the best over the 16 game schedule. Every other year this conference sends a 16 seed for the slaughter leaving a 14 or 15 seed that could have an upset out in the cold. What good does that do the SLC??
[/quote]The SLC should not have a tournament, period.

[quote name="becktobigs" post="986660" timestamp="1300803183"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=82053.msg986634#msg986634 date=1300799287]

[/quote][b]The SLC should not have a tournament, period.[/b][/quote]

Without the SLC tourney then no conference games would be on ESPN.  Besides, if the best team in the SLC can't win the conference tourney then I doubt they will be able to win a game in the NCAA tourney.  The SLC is a weak basketball conference so it really doesn't matter what they do.

[quote name="coachacola" post="986668" timestamp="1300804738"]

Without the SLC tourney then no conference games would be on ESPN.  Besides, if the best team in the SLC can't win the conference tourney then I doubt they will be able to win a game in the NCAA tourney.  The SLC is a weak basketball conference so it really doesn't matter what they do.
[/quote]

Before anyone jumps on the WAC bandwagon, just know that the Weak A$$ Conference isn't any better at basketball. Their start team, Utah State (who went 30-4 over the season) landed the WAC's only bid to the NCAA tournament at a 13 seed and got to lose to Kansas State in the 1st round (well, technically second if you ask the NCAA). Let's just say SLC basketball isn't the only bad basketball conference.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="986701" timestamp="1300808716"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=82053.msg986668#msg986668 date=1300804738]

Without the SLC tourney then no conference games would be on ESPN.  Besides, if the best team in the SLC can't win the conference tourney then I doubt they will be able to win a game in the NCAA tourney.  The SLC is a weak basketball conference so it really doesn't matter what they do.
[/quote]

Before anyone jumps on the WAC bandwagon, just know that the Weak A$$ Conference isn't any better at basketball. Their start team, Utah State (who went 30-4 over the season) landed the WAC's only bid to the NCAA tournament at a 13 seed and got to lose to Kansas State in the 1st round (well, technically second if you ask the NCAA). Let's just say SLC basketball isn't the only bad basketball conference.
[/quote]It is still better to be in a weak WAC basketball than a weak Southland. FBS hint hint

[quote name="JJWooten" post="986807" timestamp="1300824232"]

At least UTSA lost to #1 seed, and a top team overall. USU lost as a 12 seed over a good 5 team.
[/quote]

What is your point with this statement? USU got a better seed, last I heard its better to get a higher seed in the NCAA tournament.

[quote name="mffl" post="986846" timestamp="1300828997"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=82053.msg986807#msg986807 date=1300824232]

At least UTSA lost to #1 seed, and a top team overall. USU lost as a 12 seed over a good 5 team.
[/quote]

What is your point with this statement? USU got a better seed, last I heard its better to get a higher seed in the NCAA tournament.
[/quote]

Yea, that's what I'm saying. The BEST team in the WAC went 30-4 losing only 1 conference game and the best seed they got was a 12 seed.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="986904" timestamp="1300833480"]
But the point is the best team in the SLC still would have only received a 16 seed.
[/quote]

That's debatable. Had McNeese gone, they may have gotten a 5. Also, no team was nearly as close to the number USU had, in fact, most of the teams ranked ABOVE them didn't have 30 wins.

The selection for the NCAA Tourney is a joke.  I do not doubt that most any of the Big East teams would beat all of the SLC teams every night and probably at least half of the WAC and CUSA teams but there are to many mid level conferences that should have had more than one team in.  St. Mary's out of the West Coast Conf, Wichita State out of the Missouri Valley to name two.  I believe the NCAA would be better served by limiting the number of teams from one conference to no more than four and getting rid of the last four teams from the tourney.  If you couldn't win your regualar season or conference tourney why should you get to play? Oh yeah it's so the NCAA and the big boys get more money.

[quote name="geezer" post="986937" timestamp="1300838998"]
The selection for the NCAA Tourney is a joke.  I do not doubt that most any of the Big East teams would beat all of the SLC teams every night and probably at least half of the WAC and CUSA teams but there are to many mid level conferences that should have had more than one team in.  St. Mary's out of the West Coast Conf, Wichita State out of the Missouri Valley to name two.  I[b] believe the NCAA would be better served by limiting the number of teams from one conference to no more than four and getting rid of the last four teams from the tourney[/b].  If you couldn't win your regualar season or conference tourney why should you get to play? Oh yeah it's so the NCAA and the big boys get more money.
[/quote]

I agree with you on this.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="987404" timestamp="1300898807"]
[quote author=geezer link=topic=82053.msg986937#msg986937 date=1300838998]
The selection for the NCAA Tourney is a joke.  I do not doubt that most any of the Big East teams would beat all of the SLC teams every night and probably at least half of the WAC and CUSA teams but there are to many mid level conferences that should have had more than one team in.  St. Mary's out of the West Coast Conf, Wichita State out of the Missouri Valley to name two.  I[b] believe the NCAA would be better served by limiting the number of teams from one conference to no more than four and getting rid of the last four teams from the tourney[/b].  If you couldn't win your regualar season or conference tourney why should you get to play? Oh yeah it's so the NCAA and the big boys get more money.
[/quote]

I agree with you on this.
[/quote]

That's another Amen!!!

[quote name="coachacola" post="986668" timestamp="1300804738"]
[quote author=becktobigs link=topic=82053.msg986660#msg986660 date=1300803183]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=82053.msg986634#msg986634 date=1300799287]

[/quote][b]The SLC should not have a tournament, period.[/b][/quote]

[/quote]Then who's going watch them on tv?  Let the west champ play the east champ for the right to go--they only televise one game anyway.  When you're bad why look for ways to send worse?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124