Texas vs. Arizona

bmrm

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dogs1218" post="986087" timestamp="1300667343"]
5 second call for a TO.... then an And1 by Zona... then a no call on JCovan foul... the a no call on the hold on Johnson for the putback.... what a way to lose... almost came back from the terrible start..
[/quote]
they got 2 or 3 real questionable calls in the last few seconds, ref's both looked at each other and neither one made a call on the last play.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="986106" timestamp="1300670241"]
So...fouls are supposed to be called for a full 40min like they did in the Butler game, but only for 39:59 in the UT game?
[/quote]

Not my angle at all. Had we made the inbounds play, those fouls would not have occurred.

[quote name="baddog" post="986109" timestamp="1300670786"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=81975.msg986106#msg986106 date=1300670241]
So...fouls are supposed to be called for a full 40min like they did in the Butler game, but only for 39:59 in the UT game?
[/quote]

Not my angle at all. Had we made the inbounds play, those fouls would not have occurred.
[/quote]

I watched that inbounds play about 5 times. He clearly called TO before the Ref made his call. Those refs are done for the tourney.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="986111" timestamp="1300671302"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=81975.msg986109#msg986109 date=1300670786]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I watched that inbounds play about 5 times. He clearly called TO before the Ref made his call. Those refs are done for the tourney.
[/quote]

Refs may have screwed up but it never should've come to this.   

I understand everyones points but I just to take a minute to give a shout out to J'Covan Brown. He has silenced critic after critic including me. I think everyone on this and this area thought he would never make it at Texas. Most of that brought on by himself because of his attitude problems but the kid has made something of himself! He has not only made it at Texas but when it mattered most and the Horns season on the line they put the ball in his hands. He led them all the way back and they would not have made it this far without him. I just want to congratulate the local guy on a job well done. Keep working hard JB!

[quote name="baddog" post="986109" timestamp="1300670786"]
[/quote]

[/quote]And, if Texas had not played so poorly in 1st half it could have been a different outcome ;)

I'm no officiating scholar, but according to serveral analysts that were talking after the game, once a ref gets to 4 on an out of bounds play, time out cannot be called.  (Somebody can look that up if they want).  On the next play, after replay, Brown was not fouled.  On the putback, there was a foul but it appeared to come after the light went off. 

You can begin crucifying me now.

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="986232" timestamp="1300718181"]
I'm no officiating scholar, but according to serveral analysts that were talking after the game, once a ref gets to 4 on an out of bounds play, time out cannot be called.  (Somebody can look that up if they want).  On the next play, after replay, Brown was not fouled.  On the putback, there was a foul but it appeared to come after the light went off. 

You can begin crucifying me now.
[/quote]

Sounds logical to me

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="986167" timestamp="1300687893"]
I understand everyones points but I just to take a minute to give a shout out to J'Covan Brown. He has silenced critic after critic including me. I think everyone on this and this area thought he would never make it at Texas. Most of that brought on by himself because of his attitude problems but the kid has made something of himself! He has not only made it at Texas but when it mattered most and the Horns season on the line they put the ball in his hands. He led them all the way back and they would not have made it this far without him. I just want to congratulate the local guy on a job well done. Keep working hard JB!
[/quote]

Didn't he miss the winning shot at the end ?;) J/K he had a heck of a game and next year he should be starter every game. He's usually money in pressure situations.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder