Kirbyville vs. Jasper Game Thread/JASPER WINS 3-2!!

Good game in J-Town tonight, Burleson on the mound for Jasper. He had 100 pitch's, 7 K's, 3 walk's had 4 hit's off of him, he looked good tonight. Kirbyville looked good, Jones on the mound for the cat's. He had a problem with control, he had 8 or 9 walk's. He is a good pitcher, that team is going a long way this year. There going to surprise alot of team's. Good job to both team's, it was a great game to watch.

Walks fueled us tonight along with a great pitched game by Burleson. If Jones wouldnt have given up those 8 or 9 walks i believe Kirbyville would have handled us tonight. Jones prove he can pitch through adversity though in one inning he walked the bases loaded and came out unharmed well pitched game on both sides glad to get the win. By the way if Jones isnt the ace I wouldnt go in a three game series with you guys in the playoffs!

[quote name="bmtball" post="983676" timestamp="1300271665"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=81799.msg983666#msg983666 date=1300254144]
So who does Kirbyville have besides Kael Jones?
[/quote]
Tyler Downs and Blayke Coleson
[/quote]

You've also got the Junior #5 Cody Goins. He pulls K-ville out of tight situations just about every game. Good Control, Decent Junk, but not your fastest pitcher.

Also, Senior #11 Zach Morgan. He pitched a good game in last weeks tournament.

As long as we keep our pitchers properly conditioned after games well be fine.

Jasper is a relatively young team, which may lead to inconsistencies all year.  However, this junior class is a very good class at Jasper.  Very familiar with them all, as we grew up playing against them our whole life.  Very battle tested and probably playoff bound again this year.

Kirbyville is a very good team as well.  With their depth at pitching, Kirbyville will be very competitive this year.  Break'em keep taking them for granted.  You will see them again in the playoffs.  With Kirbyville's three solid starters, plus others to fill in for relief, you better hope you win the toss and choose a one-game playoff.  Kirbyville will be tough in a three game format.

Downs throws upper 70s and will get ripped if they make playoffs haven't seen the lefty yet. Jones has alot of potential i've heard he doesn't handle pressure very well n has control issues  but as far as makin a run in the playoffs or anything. I can't see that happening. They kick the ball around n if u do that u better be able to smash 1 through 9. Its jus my opinion. I guess we shall see if they hang tough with hudson too. Im a fan of good baseball. That's all lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476