20 4A All District Team

[quote name="stevenash" post="979582" timestamp="1299619608"]
I know who that was directed at.  If you have several players who can create their own shot, I wonder if sharing the ball might become an issue.  Additionally, many of those "created" shots are not necessarily good shots and I see nothing wrong with a shot being "created" via a team effort.
[/quote]And shooting a 3 pointer under-handed ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="979964" timestamp="1299681293"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81329.msg979582#msg979582 date=1299619608]
I know who that was directed at.  If you have several players who can create their own shot, I wonder if sharing the ball might become an issue.  Additionally, many of those "created" shots are not necessarily good shots and I see nothing wrong with a shot being "created" via a team effort.
[/quote]And shooting a 3 pointer under-handed ;)
[/quote]

Just as long as it goes in.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="979466" timestamp="1299592603"]
[quote author=#1 Manager link=topic=81329.msg979388#msg979388 date=1299555701]
These are just a few things i find wrong about this years all disrict selections:
(1) How come the entire Ozen starting [b]5[/b] makes the list , but the 14-0 Ditrict Champs Nederland  only get [b]3[/b] !?!?!?
(2) Speaking of Ozen, how does a kid([b]Green[/b]) get 1st team  even though he doesnt play the entire second half of district. 2nd team at best, he aint no senior.
(3) Since we r on the Ozen topic still,  Ieans (Defensive Player of The Year)......Really?!?  This kid couldnt hold his own against any post in this district and this ditrict aint known anymore for good post play. (only Nederland had some)
(4)To the Vidor(supposedly gonna win district with that great 19-0 start) Story, this team finishes in the rock bottom of this district and gets 2 kids in the 1st team. Williamson is a great player and kid, but his numbers were way down from previous years....so i say second team at best. Mancebo was the real threat for vidor, so i do give credit for putting him 1st team.
(5) Even dang Central got more picks than Nederland, Central cant even win a playoff game. Go figure that one out?
(6)Livingston now, they get 3 ([b]sophmore[/b]) picks, heck nederland cant even get more picks than a team that didnt make the playoffs. We can agree that Zach English(soph) is a better player than 2 of those kids.
(7)Too many under classmen on this list, u gotta give it to kids that this is there last chance at making it then the juniors come up and so on and so forth. Like, Mike Mitchell  (2nd team) or  Josh Wagner (Defensive MVP) Wagner shut down a lot of good guards this year.
[/quote]First of all, I commend you for some good points.  At the same time, you have some extremely silly points here.  First of all, This is about awards based on players.  Nederland was a great all around team.  Nederland had a few really good players that carried this team...  (Forney, Smith, Cunningham, and Mitchell).  The rest of the players (with the exception of the Freshman) would not start on any of the other 3 playoff teams.

[b]Central had stud players.  Maybe not a good 'team' or good coaching, but great players[/b]. 

Ozen had Ieans. You talk as if he wasn't a good defensive player, but I bet my check he led this district in blocked shots or altered shots.  He's the tallest kid in district and always gets his hands on shots or layups.  Ozen also had a team full of playmakers.  Another thing while I remember.  Central and Ozen had players on their team that can create their own shot, making them good.  Whereas PN-G had Doty that could do this, Central and Ozen had plenty.  Ozen's Green did miss a lot of games, but he is on the top tier of good players in this district.  I think it was good that he was on the list.
[/quote]

Where were Central's "stud" players when they played Nederland? 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="980079" timestamp="1299689172"]
I'll repeat myself for a 3rd time.  Nederland his a good TEAM that have good coaching.  Good coaching neutralized our stud players and while he was at it, outcoached our coach. 
[/quote]Central made the playoffs. Maybe he'll come back and coach next year

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="980076" timestamp="1299688778"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81329.msg979466#msg979466 date=1299592603]
[quote author=#1 Manager link=topic=81329.msg979388#msg979388 date=1299555701]
These are just a few things i find wrong about this years all disrict selections:
(1) How come the entire Ozen starting [b]5[/b] makes the list , but the 14-0 Ditrict Champs Nederland  only get [b]3[/b] !?!?!?
(2) Speaking of Ozen, how does a kid([b]Green[/b]) get 1st team  even though he doesnt play the entire second half of district. 2nd team at best, he aint no senior.
(3) Since we r on the Ozen topic still,  Ieans (Defensive Player of The Year)......Really?!?  This kid couldnt hold his own against any post in this district and this ditrict aint known anymore for good post play. (only Nederland had some)
(4)To the Vidor(supposedly gonna win district with that great 19-0 start) Story, this team finishes in the rock bottom of this district and gets 2 kids in the 1st team. Williamson is a great player and kid, but his numbers were way down from previous years....so i say second team at best. Mancebo was the real threat for vidor, so i do give credit for putting him 1st team.
(5) Even dang Central got more picks than Nederland, Central cant even win a playoff game. Go figure that one out?
(6)Livingston now, they get 3 ([b]sophmore[/b]) picks, heck nederland cant even get more picks than a team that didnt make the playoffs. We can agree that Zach English(soph) is a better player than 2 of those kids.
(7)Too many under classmen on this list, u gotta give it to kids that this is there last chance at making it then the juniors come up and so on and so forth. Like, Mike Mitchell  (2nd team) or  Josh Wagner (Defensive MVP) Wagner shut down a lot of good guards this year.
[/quote]First of all, I commend you for some good points.  At the same time, you have some extremely silly points here.  First of all, This is about awards based on players.  Nederland was a great all around team.  Nederland had a few really good players that carried this team...  (Forney, Smith, Cunningham, and Mitchell).  The rest of the players (with the exception of the Freshman) would not start on any of the other 3 playoff teams.

[b]Central had stud players.  Maybe not a good 'team' or good coaching, but great players[/b]. 

Ozen had Ieans. You talk as if he wasn't a good defensive player, but I bet my check he led this district in blocked shots or altered shots.  He's the tallest kid in district and always gets his hands on shots or layups.  Ozen also had a team full of playmakers.  Another thing while I remember.  Central and Ozen had players on their team that can create their own shot, making them good.  Whereas PN-G had Doty that could do this, Central and Ozen had plenty.  Ozen's Green did miss a lot of games, but he is on the top tier of good players in this district.  I think it was good that he was on the list.
[/quote]

[glow=red,2,300]Where were Central's "stud" players when they played Nederland? [/glow]  
[/quote] BASEBALL PRACTICE  :D

To: Soulja

With your comments on me by calling me woman really showed your maturity. That was really low even for Central Jaguar fan like we all know that you are. Since i have no basketball knowledge as u clearly made it seem like. I would like to comment back on your immature post. This Ieans kids that u praise is a Defensive stopper, tell me why then he couldnt guard a single one of our post(Kelvin,Dionte,Weisbrod,Killian).Kelvin threw this Ieans kid everytime he came at him, also Kelvin locked up some really good post in the playoff(Mike Evans twice & Petteway 3 times).
Another thing i would like to ask is since all these Central and Ozen guys can create their own shot, How many of them are going D1? Also to go D1 u must have at least a 2.5 GPA. Thats why 2 of the best players to go through Beaumont(Gulley & Frank) didtn make to D1. I understand that Nederland hasnt been good in the past, but to bring up yall being good in the past, come on now....stop living in the past. Well if i was u I kinda would too cause the Future of Nederland is looking bright, since Central at all levels beat us once by 2. All im saying is look at right now and the future not the past to insult Nederland, u r starting to turn into HJ and PNG sports fans now. You are better than that, ive seen some of your post, they are good  but dont come at me like im dumb and insult me.  Have a Blessed Day,  From your friend #1 Manager!!!!

Sorry to hurt your feelings, guy.  ::) ::)  :-* :-*

You still have 'selective reading'.  It's really pointless going back and forth with you.  Your obviously some kin to the Nederland player who's coat tail you keep riding. 

I'm not 'praising' Ieans as he is an OZEN player, not a Central player.  He's defensive player of the year.  So be it.  The numbers were put up.

Ahh  yes.  Your all mighty trump card, talking about GPA.  Why bring that up?  (So kids from Central are the only ones that you 'think' have low GPA's?  I seem to recall a good Nederland Football player that didn't go 'D-1' because of a sucky GPA.  I won't do like you and throw his name out there.  You know who I'm talking about). What does those past players have to do with this conversation and college ball? We're talking about High School ball, not College ball, aren't we? 

No one argued and ever said that Nederland basketball's future was not bright.  Heck, I'm not even hating on Nederland as you are making it out to be.  But when you come on here and ride that player's coat tail and try to down other teams, I will jump right in. 

BTW, I'm not your friend or pal but you get this again... :-* :-*

Sincerely,

BMTSoulja1

Have a nice day...

I think he is upset about Ieans getting the award when, by what he is saying, was a no-factor against Nederland.. I remember the kid from last summer and to be honest, he wasnt good at all.. He must have gotten a lot better, but Im sure he couldnt have done much against the post guys from Nederland.. Maybe the other coaches from the other teams in district voted him, but Coach E probably didnt ;)

Another point he made was about the number of Ned players compared to Central or Ozen.. Heck, Ozen did get all their staters named to the team, while Nederland got only 3.. If that entire group got voted on, then they should have beaten the Bulldogs at least once..

[quote name="dogs1218" post="980180" timestamp="1299702787"]
I think he is upset about Ieans getting the award when, by what he is saying, was a no-factor against Nederland.. I remember the kid from last summer and to be honest, he wasnt good at all.. He must have gotten a lot better, but Im sure he couldnt have done much against the post guys from Nederland.. Maybe the other coaches from the other teams in district voted him, but Coach E probably didnt ;)

Another point he made was about the number of Ned players compared to Central or Ozen.. Heck, Ozen did get all their staters named to the team, while Nederland got only 3.. If that entire group got voted on, then they should have beaten the Bulldogs at least once..
[/quote]

The decision was probably made on who could generate their own shot the best instead of the team aspect.

Soulja while your at home sitting by your computer on this site next year with all your basketball knowledge and u get bored, maybe u come see me @ Lamar Beaumont  on my [b]Full Athletic Ride Scholarship [/b] as a [b]Student Assistant Coach[/b]. So while u keep wasting your life on hear preaching the Central Jaguar Gospel, i will be actually doing something with my life. And when i get my 1st coaching job I hope u look me up so I can show how much basketball knowledge i got.  Reply with anything u want, but remember u hav already implied im a women that has selective reading and No basketball knowledge so if u make an insult  please choose another cause the same ones are getting old!!!!!

[quote name="#1 Manager" post="980669" timestamp="1299782765"]
Soulja while your at home sitting by your computer on this site next year with all your basketball knowledge and u get bored, maybe u come see me @ Lamar Beaumont  on my [b]Full Athletic Ride Scholarship [/b] as a [b]Student Assistant Coach[/b]. So while u keep wasting your life on hear preaching the Central Jaguar Gospel, i will be actually doing something with my life. And when i get my 1st coaching job I hope u look me up so I can show how much basketball knowledge i got.  Reply with anything u want, but remember u hav already implied im a women that has selective reading and No basketball knowledge so if u make an insult  please choose another cause the same ones are getting old!!!!!
[/quote]I really don't understand your point seeing that LU basketball is not really a hot commodity.  So you can go and put this paragraph in your resume for any other college hoops gig and we'll see how far you go.  Look me up and let me know how that goes.  But then again, don't look me up.  'Sensitive' guys like  yourself irritate me. 

• 1 month later...
Tear them up Pill, we all know that you're going to be an outstanding Coach one day, man! Don't let anyone tear you down and tell you that you can't do it, everyone in the district knows about your basketball prowess, hell one day you might sitting next to Dicky V, winning the National Championship Babay! As for Soulja, let a kid put his 2 cents in without you badgering him, he's 18, you're 50...? That might just me being polite, possibly older, but anyways that has nothing to do with this matter. Nederland got a few, maybe not enough, Ozen always gets their starting 5, along with Central. All-District is about the best INDIVIDUAL players, not the best team, sure you may have a kid that scores 10 points a night for Ned, and contribute largely to the game, but overall probably not the calibur athlete and player that an Ozen or Central kid has. That's why it's all-district it's the one time a year where it's about the individual and not the team, unless you're a certain big man for Nederland, then it's always just about him.
That's a wrap folks.

[quote name="tigers88" post="996986" timestamp="1302723035"]
He have said? Maybe it's has said, excellent grammer there "guy". By the way, I'm sorry, you must be in your 60's because you're a crabby character.
[/quote]

:D Soulja, you got the dogs on you now!

Since you brought this upon yourself, let's break down your last post on here.

[quote]Tear them up Pill, we all know that you're going to be an outstanding Coach one day, man![/quote]

If you didn't know, this is a run on sentence, which is a no-no.  

[quote]Don't let anyone tear you down and tell you that you can't do it, everyone in the district knows about your basketball prowess, heck one day you might sitting next to Dicky V, winning the National Championship Babay! [/quote]

This may be the longest combination of run on sentences I've seen in my life.  Have you ever heard of conjunctions?  WOW  is all I have to say...

[quote]As for Soulja, let a kid put his 2 cents in without you badgering him, he's 18, you're 50...?[/quote]

Same thing here.

[quote]That might just me being polite, possibly older, but anyways that has nothing to do with this matter.[/quote]

Where is your comma after 'anyways'?  

[quote]Nederland got a few, maybe not enough, Ozen always gets their starting 5, along with Central.[/quote]

''      ''    :o :o

[quote]All-District is about the best INDIVIDUAL players, not the best team, sure you may have a kid that scores 10 points a night for Ned, and contribute largely to the game, but overall probably not the calibur athlete and player that an Ozen or Central kid has. [/quote]

I take back what I said previously.  THIS is, without doubt, the longest run on sentence I've ever seen.

[quote]That's why it's all-district it's the one time a year where it's about the individual and not the team, unless you're a certain big man for Nederland, then it's always just about him.
That's a wrap folks.[/quote]

Yes, you're right.  Your sentence structure skills are a wrap.

Have a nice day, guy.   :-* :-*

[quote name="dogs1218" post="996989" timestamp="1302723175"]
[quote author=tigers88 link=topic=81329.msg996986#msg996986 date=1302723035]
He have said? Maybe it's has said, excellent grammer there "guy". By the way, I'm sorry, you must be in your 60's because you're a crabby character.
[/quote]

:D Soulja, you got the dogs on you now!

[/quote]Tell them to bring it.  I'm not scurred!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics